Willy's looking JK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Willy's looking JK

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 07-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
paul olllllllo
2008 JK Wrangler 

Location: royal oak michigan (hometown of DR. JACK KEVORKIAN)
Willy's looking JK

Yesterday on my way to work (Brighton, Michigan) I saw in my rear view mirror a really neat looking JK that had been painted Flat green (olive drab or whatever its called) and he also put a flat wooden bumper on the front of the Jeep. To the non Jeep person it looked like it could have been from the 1940's.

I am familiar with the Willys edition TJ, but with the gloss paint it just didn't do it for me.

I tried to find pics online of newer jeeps tricked out to look old but could not find any. Anyone here have their JK looking like this or have a link to pics?

Thanks

Unread 07-13-2012, 07:22 AM   #2
Rupe430
2007 JK Wrangler 

I built my own steel flat fenders using pictures of a CJ2a front fenders and then just fi
used the old brain for the rear fenders. Turned out great. Once I get paint them they will look even better. but for now they are just rust Brown. I haven't figures out how to post pics. on here from my phone yet. But if you email me with your email address I would.be.happy to send pictures of my JK .
Rupe430
at
g
mail
dot
com
Rupe430 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2012, 07:28 AM   #3
Rupe430
2007 JK Wrangler 

Also if you get the S&S OFF ROAD MAGAZINE the July 2012 issue has 2 pictures in it of my Jeep.
One is colored in the military vet. section and a Blk and Wht. pic. in the Oregon section.
When I repaint my JK I will be painting it OD Green maybe even put White stars on the sides and hood. Haven't decided about the stars yet. What do you all think?
Rupe
Rupe430 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #4
KahnDesign1812

Painted ours this green which came home earlier this week.
2.jpg  
KahnDesign1812 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #5
TxJeepGuy2
2007 JK Wrangler 

I LOVE the army green look, that's one reason I love my Jeep Green Sahara. Would love to get it where it looks like a Jeep Willy.

I did hear that the 2013 models will have a Commando Green in the line up, along with Dune (tan) and Rugged Brown. Can't wait to see those colors.

3" lift - 35" Fierce Attitude M/T Tires
TxJeepGuy2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #6
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Not a JK, but I plan on painting my TJ olive drab. Not sure about putting a star on it yet. I do plan on going with HUMVEE style taillights too.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #7
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I was talking to an M38 owner who told me that the star on his was not authentic because the star was only used for very limited time (Normandy?)*

But it still looked good.

*[The reason was that the Germans had captured quite a few Jeeps and other equipment by this point, so the invasion was launched with a new paint scheme to tell them apart.
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #8
nickmonaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Ah man I wish you coulda got a picture lol

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
[B][/B][I][COLOR="White"][/COLOR][/I]WHITE JEEP CLUB #171

My other Jeep's not a Chrysler.
nickmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #9
5urv1v0r

Paint job

Quote:
Originally Posted by KahnDesign1812 View Post
Painted ours this green which came home earlier this week.
Wow, looks amazing! May I ask how much it cost for the paint job and did they call it "olive drab"?
5urv1v0r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.