Wildlife will die for this... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Wildlife will die for this...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 12-01-2010, 10:34 PM   #16
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Sorry if I came off as being a dick but the forum is used for solving problems, so it urks a lot of people when you come off as being lazy and pay somebody to do it for you. But in your case you were busy, understood.

I suggest you head down to sears and start picking up a few tools though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2010, 10:40 PM   #17
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey8882 View Post
I feel you on this, I really do. The only problem is this- my Jeep is my only vehicle, and I have a full time job that doesn't involve spending hours at a time working on that Jeep. This issue wasn't one that I could address after work in my driveway. As I said, I'm not exactly a mechanic and - even though it might be an easy fix for you, it wouldn't be for me. And I mentioned that it is cold here, because, yes... it is cold as balls here.

And sorry about the "car" thing... it's a learning process for me (I'm a first generation Jeep owner, wasn't born into this thing).
Don't let them get to you. You have my full sympathies and the only bit of snickering you can have at their expense in this whole mess is knowing had you dropped your rig off with any of them, they'd have spent at least as much time locating the source of the problem as the shop did. Hindsight is 20/20 and since you've given them the answer, they're all experts.

In general, all problems are easy to fix. Some are brain dead simple, others just a bit more. The skill and talent lies in diagnosing the problem accurately and quickly. A couple of hours to locate rat chewed wiring up on top of the fuel tank sounds like they did you right.

If you really want to see some of these diagnostic experts jump up and down on their hangy downy parts, go read some of the death wobble threads. By the time they get through with spending your money for you, you'll be broke, frustrated, and you'll still have DW.
Unread 12-01-2010, 10:44 PM   #18
loaderopp
2005 LJ Wrangler 

This little Sh******T cost me about 4 hours to clean all is winter storage out of the stack and exaust system

Had it parked on a site for 2 days. he was one busy little bugger.
2005 Rubicon Unlimited, 5.5 inch custom long arm, 1 inch daystar body lift, River Raider Snorkel, Custom bumper/winch mount, sliders, tire carrier. 37x13.50 R17 Nitto Mudgraplers, Bushwacker flat fender. Custom 1/2 cab. Hyline hood vents. Custom tonnue cover and tool box. HID-X off road lights, LED driving lights custom rear bumper/m6000 rear monted winch.
loaderopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2010, 12:01 AM   #19
odinseye84
2005 TJ Wrangler 

shoulda put a coffee can on the exhaust when its not in use haha.
odinseye84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2010, 12:36 AM   #20
jpfelix
2000 TJ Wrangler 

the most pleasurable mouse experience i have is the time they built a nest in the flywheel of my garden tractor. i turned the key, it cranked then stopped and wouldn't crank anymore. poor little mousey got stuck in the spinning flywheel and its head jammed it. i removed the remaining parts and fuzz and it fired right up!

other not so pleasurable moments:

the one that crawled into the heater duct of the wife's neon. she found out when she turned the fan on--lots of clanking and then a bit of a smell.

the one that chewed through the fuel line on the mustang allowing gas to drain in the garage

the ones that made my halloween decorations sticky and stinky

and many, many others
jpfelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2010, 02:17 AM   #21
zachjf
1998 ZJ 

Not a rodent but I'm pretty sure I have an evil creature lurking under my dash just waiting for the first sign or spring before it comes out and either A, stings the $*@! outta me or B, scares me into a wreck!!

I saw it fly in one day when I had the doors off, I just assumed it flew out later but I guess not. Only reason I know its in there is found a Powerbar i tossed in my glove box chewed open with these tiny little half moon scissor bite marks but only a few tiny spots of the bar itself missing... pretty sure it it was a mouse or rat they woulda torn into it with abandon and not left 99.9% of the bar intact.....
Unread 12-02-2010, 02:49 AM   #22
TeeJay00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsquirt View Post
This little Sh******T cost me about 4 hours to clean all is winter storage out of the stack and exaust system

TeeJay00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2010, 02:58 AM   #23
TeeJay00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey8882 View Post
I feel you on this, I really do. The only problem is this- my Jeep is my only vehicle, and I have a full time job that doesn't involve spending hours at a time working on that Jeep. This issue wasn't one that I could address after work in my driveway. As I said, I'm not exactly a mechanic and - even though it might be an easy fix for you, it wouldn't be for me. And I mentioned that it is cold here, because, yes... it is cold as balls here.

And sorry about the "car" thing... it's a learning process for me (I'm a first generation Jeep owner, wasn't born into this thing).
That's one of the unexplained pleasures of owning a Wrangler I have a double shift job and I still fix most of my problems on my driveway when I get back at night... I can't tell you how many times I stayed up late working on my TJ untill the morning and then went strait to work afterwards without a minute of sleep

Try it you will get used to it even if it was freezing cold... The satisfaction you get from fixing your own car is worth the effort. And as for not having any mechanical skills. Trust me your jeep will develop them for you
Unread 12-02-2010, 03:04 AM   #24
AlexGeorgakis
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsquirt View Post

Cannonball squirrel!
Unread 12-02-2010, 03:19 AM   #25
loaderopp
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinseye84 View Post
shoulda put a coffee can on the exhaust when its not in use haha.
made a screen now.
2005 Rubicon Unlimited, 5.5 inch custom long arm, 1 inch daystar body lift, River Raider Snorkel, Custom bumper/winch mount, sliders, tire carrier. 37x13.50 R17 Nitto Mudgraplers, Bushwacker flat fender. Custom 1/2 cab. Hyline hood vents. Custom tonnue cover and tool box. HID-X off road lights, LED driving lights custom rear bumper/m6000 rear monted winch.
loaderopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2010, 03:40 AM   #26
TeeJay00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGeorgakis View Post
Cannonball squirrel!
Exactly instea of the screen just rev up the engine
Unread 12-02-2010, 05:56 AM   #27
JDEEEWP
2001 TJ Wrangler 

i fired a few mice out of the prop of my boat once when winterizing but it's not much compared to this...

dont bother with sound.
YouTube - squirrel Launcher!!!

x2 on the hardware cloth screening.
Unread 12-02-2010, 06:06 AM   #28
schuessler
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It wasnt on a vehicle, but my brother had a chipmunk climb through his dryer exhaust tube going to through the back wall of his house. When he put a load of laundry in and fired it up, he had a terrible smell filling his whole house. when the dryer shut off the smell went away, and came back when he fired it up again. After tearing it apart he found dried blood and guts smeared all over the dryer tub. He cleaned it up extensively and now there is now smell.
schuessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2010, 06:14 AM   #29
basssolow5
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDEEEWP View Post
i fired a few mice out of the prop of my boat once when winterizing but it's not much compared to this...

dont bother with sound.
YouTube - squirrel Launcher!!!

x2 on the hardware cloth screening.
haha that is the most amazing thing ive ever seen! thats great! thats going on my facebook
colorado jeep club member #730

stimulating the economy one part at a time!
basssolow5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2010, 06:18 AM   #30
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Don't let the people attacking you for paying someone to fix your Jeep bother you. I'm an ASE certified Master Tech and when my Jeep started raising cain during lunch the other day I dropped it at a local shop because I have a wheeling trip this weekend, work 40+ hours a week, and am in the midst of moving. I just didn't have time to track down the source. I feel that the hour of labor I paid for to locate the offending noise was well worth it for the time saved, since it got done while I was a work.

And no one can say if they over charged you or not but you. Tracking down an issue like that can take some serious time. And if it was on top of the tank they may have had to drop it, which adds even more time, not only to troubleshooting but also to the repair. Glad to hear you got it taken care of!

I had to completely rewire a New Holland tractor and replace the seat once due to either squirrels or mice. I don't know which. But the tractor now gets parked inside the fence with the dogs and there hasn't been a problem since.

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.