LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 636 Old 02-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Kiwi
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotADisneyJeep View Post

Invest in a full roll cage!
And keep your hands off of it. Did his hand survive?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 636 Old 02-15-2009, 09:26 AM
Nonya
Web Wheeler
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesfan70 View Post
What is the difference about them? To me, the JK's roll cage layout looks the same as the TJ's.

Not disputing your word. I would like to see where the improvements were made and how the two are different.
Dealer claims they strengthened the windshield frame so it doesn't collapse as easily. He mentioned Jeep has been in court over this ALOT. dealer says on the TJs if you go over on the street the windshield is coming to whack yer brains in...so be forewared. LOL
post #93 of 636 Old 02-15-2009, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
TheBoogieman
Made in the USA

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
we lost a jeeping buddy or two over the years while wheeling with no seatbelt. the two i am thinking of were not teenagers but closer to retirement age....
A friend of mine flipped his CJ years back and nobody was wearing seatbelts.A 15 year old female neighbor and friend was killed when the Jeep rolled over her.Her 17 year old friend got a broken neck and had to wear a bolt on brace for many months.The driver and other male passenger were thrown clear and had no real injuries.Such a shame to go to a funeral just because nobody wore seatbelts.

post #94 of 636 Old 02-15-2009, 07:16 PM
hilton00
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i currently have the big lift, BL actually (3") and hate it and cant wait to get a roll cage. im either going to have a local 4x4 shop fab me one, or buy a bolt on soon, even though mine is just a DD for the most part

Last edited by hilton00; 02-15-2009 at 08:02 PM.
post #95 of 636 Old 02-15-2009, 07:18 PM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilton00 View Post
i currently have the big lift, BL actually (3") and hate it and cant wait to get a roll cage. im either going to have a local 4x4 shop fab me one, or buy a bolt on.

any good suggestions on the bolts ons? price, 800 or less?
wrong thread....

Useful Write-Ups:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #96 of 636 Old 02-15-2009, 09:37 PM
M2LJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
As do I under the following conditions-

You have an insurance bond in place to support you for medically for the rest of your life in the event you become a vegetable, require 24 hour care and someone to swap out your colostomy bag.

You have no living relatives and no friends to mourn your absence or be bothered by seeing you as a vegetable.

If you do have those friends and relatives, you need a signed document from them saying they don't care that much and it's going to be alright with them if you become a vegetable.

You insurance policy must also have provisions to cover your future, present and current debts in the event of your being permanently disabled and at no point will you become a burden to society in general.

As long as you meet all those provisions, then by all means, make wearing a belt your choice.
Excellent list, and if I may I would like to add one more provision...

You will sign a liability waiver for anyone who may accidentally cause an accident that you are involved in where your injuries are compounded due to your idiotic decision not to wear a seatbelt that they will not be liable for the extra medical bills caused by such an asinine move on your part!

Yeah, I hear all the BS stories about people who survived some accident because they were not wearing a seatbelt; anyone who has been conscience over the last few decades knows that your chances of surviving any accident increase dramatically if you are wearing a seatbelt. The same applies for motorcycle helmets...
post #97 of 636 Old 02-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Heavymetal2000

2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm only 23 and seatbelts have now saved my life twice, (neither accident being in any way my fault).

96 XJ 4.0
post #98 of 636 Old 02-16-2009, 06:20 PM
evilwaysYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

yeah the only time i usually wear my belt is if im on the trails and on the highway and when the doors are off. some of those shots of the windshield scare me a little, i think im gonna add a couple tubes that run down to the frame and across the windshield
post #99 of 636 Old 02-16-2009, 07:04 PM
2002Jeepdad

2013 JK Wrangler 

Seatbelts definitely save lives!!! My wife & 2 of my daughters are alive today because of them. She rolled her Jeep Liberty last September (2008), rolled several times. My other daughter was in a friend's pick-up truck behind her & saw the whole thing happen. They thought they were walking into a bloodbath with no survivors when they went to her Jeep. They all came out badly shook up with lots of bruises afterward but no serious injuries.....BUCKLE UP PEOPLE, SEATBELTS DO SAVE LIVES!

Live Long, Jeep Naked!
post #100 of 636 Old 02-16-2009, 07:11 PM
urstolendesire
2004 TJ Wrangler 

wow..great post. I always wear a belt but never really thought the front half of the cage was that weak. Sitting that much higher up and going up extreme angles (laitly)...roll cage just got moved to #1 on my list...there goes getting the tub line-x'd...lol.

...I wonder if those half doors are still in decent shape
post #101 of 636 Old 02-16-2009, 07:19 PM
stogie25

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am a firm believer in seatbelts. They have helped keep me alive for many years, and I don't operate a motor vehicle without one. As a driver I am responsible for passengers in my vehicle, and they either buckle up or get out.

That being said I do not think the government should legislate seatbelt use at any level. Our government has gone too far trying to protect us from ourselves. If someone doesn't want to wear a seatbelt, so what. If we have the right to life, liberty, and property then it is the individual's life to risk or lose. The government also should not support an individual who is on life support because of a decision they made, and it would be easy enough for an insurance company to write a seatbelt clause into any policy.

Jarhead Jeep Club
O|||||||O
97 Black TJ (one owner), BFG KM2 35s, 4.7L Stroker, ARB's, Dana60 rear, Dana30HP Front Warn manual hub conversion, 6 inch mostly Tera long arm lift. Rhino lined tub. Allied Rock 8 beadlocks. Tera-Low 4:1. Sanden OBA. Sniperfab tube fenders.

My Build Thread
post #102 of 636 Old 02-16-2009, 09:09 PM
bradthebard
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I will never forget being on the scene of a nasty rollover on a two lane blacktop in central Missouri. The Parents were fished out and packed onto the ambulance with some pretty nasty looking wounds. The only seat belt was on an infant car seat. The kid was strapped upside down about forty feet from the road in the back of the car. She was awake but calm as could be. There is nothing more heart wrenching as a parent than watching a baby being extracted from a mangled mess of a car. I don't just wear mine for me, I want my daughters to grow up with their daddy!

...and the first mod on my stocker will be a cage!

2000greenTJ
1954 CJ3B

"...Indeed I have burned the candle at both ends, and it gave off such a glorious light..." - Christopher Hitchens

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradthebard View Post
Theology is one hundred blind men searching a dark room for a black cat that isn't there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schitzangiggles View Post
Atheism is one hundred blind men in a dark room claiming there is no black cat because they can't see it.
post #103 of 636 Old 02-16-2009, 09:38 PM
JakeAW
1998 TJ Wrangler 

This is a great thread.

Couple of thoughts.

1. I was driving out to go skiing last weekend in a blizzard. Going over Carson Pass to Kirkwood I look over and see my snowboard helmet sitting in the passenger seat. I thought, "Man, it would suck if I died and in the newspaper article it said I had a helmet sitting next to me." So, I put it on

2. The FIRST upgrade I did was put in a rockhard sportcage. I used my George Bush money from last year. Looking at those pics I'm going to have some replacement tubes made for above the doors too!!

Wear your seatbelt!! I want to go jeeping with you alive!

'98 TJ Emerald Pearl Coat
post #104 of 636 Old 02-16-2009, 09:54 PM
mudwhoreTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I noticed that the airbags did not deploy in any of these pictures...makes me wonder what it takes to set them off?
post #105 of 636 Old 02-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudwhoreTJ View Post
I noticed that the airbags did not deploy in any of these pictures...makes me wonder what it takes to set them off?

A front end impact that activates 2 or more of the sensors. If you have a heavy duty bumper it could take more of an impact to set the airbags off.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.