Why seat belts are your friend. - Page 5 - JeepForum.com

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 09:43 PM
TJ 4 the Boxers
2001 TJ Wrangler 

That's some messed up stuff. I will always wear my seat belt while in the Jeep and work truck, it's hit or miss while in my pick up. I've been in accidents were if I had a seat belt on I would have been worse off than I was. Last one I had was over 10 yrs ago, had a bad bruised bone in the hip/pelvis area. If I had the belt on then I could have broken said hip along with internal injuries with bleeding. They say could have because they saw a "truck club" that was sitting between driver seat and frame that was bent in by about 1.5" to 2" from the impact of a traffic light. Will this change my thinking, don't know for sure, but it will be on my mind.

If it's not a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, It's just a dog!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 636 Old 02-14-2009, 12:39 AM
TedderX_
2004 TJ Wrangler 

This thread is intense. I'm just curious.

What do you all think of the AtoZ Sport Cages Add-In's?

Do you think they'd hold up well? Or is there a better one out there?

Here's a link. I'm talking about the add in Sport Cage Additions, not the Replacement Cages.

http://www.atozfabrication.com/store/home.php?cat=260

-Tedder

Oh Crap! Handle- Standard Equipment

Quote:
"If you need a knife to open your knife, you've bought the wrong knife". -Tedder
post #63 of 636 Old 02-14-2009, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
TheBoogieman
Disturbed

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for not moving this.I sent Pm's to all who were interested in parting this Jeep out.I'm sure she will.
I'd like to have the PS rocker guards.Seems to be the only thing that didn't fold.
http://harrisonburg.craigslist.org/cto/1032190266.html
Her email. jennifer_shifflett@merck.com

Last edited by TheBoogieman; 02-14-2009 at 03:42 AM.

post #64 of 636 Old 02-14-2009, 04:30 AM
tarheelTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My 18 yo ran a 93 Camry off the road at about 40 mph and drove over 2 driveway culverts. Deployed airbag and warped frame. Totaled the car and he ended up with 1 cracked disc in his back. Without the seatbelt and airbag he could have suffered much worse from the impact forces. Been wearing my belt since I was 12 and we got our first car with belts. My children grew up that way. Any passenger that does not want to wear a belt in my Jeep/cars is saying they don't mind being human debris flying around my vehicle. Personally I don't want to take that chance, so they belt it or walk.

Red 98 Wrangler-RC 2.5 lift-RC SS-JKS Quicker Discos -33x12.50 GY Duratracs-Cragar 365 V5s-Uniden pc68ltw-FabFour Hardcore bumper-SB XRC8 winch-Big Daddy Rock rails
post #65 of 636 Old 02-14-2009, 05:32 AM
jeff83
2005 TJ Wrangler 

speaking of this where can i get a replacement seat belt roll up thing for the passenger side. Mine got filled with mud and won't let the belt out anymore, kinda sticks i've had to ride solo for a while

build it, wheel it, break it, repeat
1983 CJ 7 (traded for TJ)
1992 YJ Renegade (sold)
1999 XJ Classic (daily driver)
1997 TJ Sport (building)
post #66 of 636 Old 02-14-2009, 06:18 AM
Yesfan70

2004 WJ 

I always wear my seat belt. I feel naked without it.

2004 Jeep WJ
Only in a Jeep
post #67 of 636 Old 02-14-2009, 06:18 AM
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theboogieman View Post
Thanks for not moving this.I sent Pm's to all who were interested in parting this Jeep out.I'm sure she will.
I'd like to have the PS rocker guards.Seems to be the only thing that didn't fold.
http://harrisonburg.craigslist.org/cto/1032190266.html
Her email. jennifer_shifflett@merck.com
Boogie
Thanks for posting this thread, quite sobering indeed.
post #68 of 636 Old 02-14-2009, 06:23 AM
Yesfan70

2004 WJ 

Is there a way this thread can be made a sticky? Just a thought.

2004 Jeep WJ
Only in a Jeep
post #69 of 636 Old 02-14-2009, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
TheBoogieman
Disturbed

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95BadBoy View Post
Boogie
Thanks for posting this thread, quite sobering indeed.
Thanks.My girlfriend would never wear a seatbelt so I never let her ride in my Jeep.Now ex girlfriend.
post #70 of 636 Old 02-14-2009, 06:48 AM
dragginwagon406
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
WOW! Excellent thread subject. What happened to that Jeep? I've been an absolute seatbelt believer since I first heard of them in 60-61. At the ripe old age of 15, I made my dad install seatbelts into his brand-new '62 Oldsmobile Starfire before we took it on a family trip from California to Texas.
394 in the Starfire?

Oh yeah, can't imagine not wearing a seatbelt.

post #71 of 636 Old 02-14-2009, 08:14 AM
Dogman

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedder View Post

Here's a link. I'm talking about the add in Sport Cage Additions, not the Replacement Cages.

I have always liked the AtoZ sports cages - seems well designed.

John 3:17
post #72 of 636 Old 02-14-2009, 08:52 AM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedder View Post

That looks like a great design. The key is to replace the windshield bars with DOM tubing, which the AtoZ does. Research the difference between the firewall dash mount vs a through the dash version. Here's my Poison Spyder Cage: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showp...&postcount=274

Useful Write-Ups:

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #73 of 636 Old 02-14-2009, 08:53 AM
Mayfair_Jeeper

2006 TJ Wrangler 

So does anyone have aftermath photos with a aftermarket cage that replaces the windhshield spreaders? I would like to see how they hold up, and if they are at all worth the money in a crash like these...

2006 Jeep TJ X Modded with toys
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport Stock
1987 Cherokee 4.0 Renix...Build in Process
post #74 of 636 Old 02-14-2009, 09:00 AM
Kate
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff83 View Post
speaking of this where can i get a replacement seat belt roll up thing for the passenger side. Mine got filled with mud and won't let the belt out anymore, kinda sticks i've had to ride solo for a while
Try taking it apart and giving it a good cleaning, you could save yourself some serious $$.

K.
post #75 of 636 Old 02-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TJX View Post
So does anyone have aftermath photos with a aftermarket cage that replaces the windhshield spreaders? I would like to see how they hold up, and if they are at all worth the money in a crash like these...
this one has an aftermarket cage of some sort - looks like a Poison Spyder Customs. Not sure about the windshield bars.

Passenger compartment is still intact, and the firewall mount is still holding fine. You need to expect deformation with this much force in a big crash.

Useful Write-Ups:

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.