1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincec View Post
If you look at all the pic the seat backs are all in good shape.I feel a little better about that point.
Yup. The B and C pillars aren't the weak point. The C-pillars on the family cage can collapse toward each other tho, but they still keep a shell around the passengers for the most part.

Useful Write-Ups:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Vandano
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ive seen more then enough car crashes and done full extrications on many a car. Typically a car tends to as previously stated crush around the cab compartment with the exception of side impact though even then the cab holds up fairly well...

A bigger problem with a car crash that causes damages like the ones being shown is that regardless of how you roll cage holds up there is still momentum at play. If you are traveling at 60 and the vehicle comes to a dead stop neither your head or internal organs come to that stop. Most car crash deaths are caused by two things. People not wearing seatbelts being number one and Neck back or internal injuries.

Look at the crash of Dale Earnhardt Sr. crash looks simple on TV but he ended up dying because of an insufficiently restrained head. Like i stated before, your not safe no matter what role cage or seatbelts you put in.
post #48 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 05:49 PM
outlawjosywales
2001 TJ Wrangler 

i think it should be left up to the individual whether or not they want to wear a seatbelt.

Go Anywhere.

post #49 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Bill M.
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayougold View Post
i think it should be left up to the individual whether or not they want to wear a seatbelt.
Based on the pictures I have seen....

I choose to wear a seat belt....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm View Post
Avoid "Hey guys! Watch this!" situations. They tend to have bad endings.
post #50 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 06:58 PM
genisis88
1997 TJ Wrangler 

these pics make my stomach turn...
post #51 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 06:59 PM
corral13
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You're right, it is up to the individual. But when they are in MY ride, everyone must be strapped in. Had a co-worker who took his buddy to Mexico on a fishing trip and flipped the truck when the boat trailer got sideways on a mountain curve, killing the friend. Co-workier was buckled in, his buddy was not. He had a real hard time overcoming that.
post #52 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandano View Post
Ive seen more then enough car crashes and done full extrications on many a car.

Like i stated before, your not safe no matter what role cage or seatbelts you put in.

Wow did you learn all that at your one day a week volunteer drill night?

so your never safe why bother then?

Thanks for the useless info

post #53 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 08:10 PM
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
As do I under the following conditions-

You have an insurance bond in place to support you for medically for the rest of your life in the event you become a vegetable, require 24 hour care and someone to swap out your colostomy bag.

You have no living relatives and no friends to mourn your absence or be bothered by seeing you as a vegetable.

If you do have those friends and relatives, you need a signed document from them saying they don't care that much and it's going to be alright with them if you become a vegetable.

You insurance policy must also have provisions to cover your future, present and current debts in the event of your being permanently disabled and at no point will you become a burden to society in general.

As long as you meet all those provisions, then by all means, make wearing a belt your choice.
jpdude999 likes this.

I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
Knowledge does not equal understanding.
post #54 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

I always wear my seatbelt. In fact, sometimes I think we should all be wearing helmets, 4-pt harnesses and a HANS device when driving over 60mph...

Useful Write-Ups:

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #55 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 08:44 PM
canuck_bob
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It does make one think. The window frame shows it is a weak link.

As far as seatbelts are concerned we in Canada had to go to legislated seatbelt use years ago. I fought it at first but todays crowded hiways and high speeds really make it necessary. With airbags and belts people routinely walk away from accidents that killed 30 years ago.

I am guilty of carrying lots of unsecured junk in my Jeep when on sales trips. Time to get serious about safety.

Thanks for a sobering tech post.

04 Rocky Mountain Edition TJ
Flame Red 4.0L with 5 spd
Dana 44 3.73 rear with Trac-lok
30x9.5x15 GY SA on Alcoa Forged
Red Jeep Club #486
post #56 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 09:19 PM
vector6
2001 TJ Wrangler 

post up some pics of the Nova for me...
post #57 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 09:22 PM
zachbh
2003 TJ Wrangler 

It may sound contradictory as a teenager but I always wear my seatbelt! Some of my friends aren't fond of them, but I always yell at them to put theirs on
post #58 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 09:26 PM
rickm8
1999 TJ Wrangler 

its the law here in nj though, but i know enough kids in enough accidents who wore seatbelts to prove it to me... topless and doorless with no belt is just gutsy though haha

99 TJ Sport 4.0, 5 spd, 2" BB, 31" BFG a/t ko's
BLACK JEEP SOCIETY #362
post #59 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 09:31 PM
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

seatbelts equals population control. i make sure my family is buckled up, otherwise its not my problem

post #60 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Greg_Volkman
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
yeah, me too. that way, when you have to make a hard manuever or get hit and fly out of your seat, you can lose complete control of the vehicle, instead of being held in the drivers seat by the seat belt.

you know...that way, you can take even more unsuspecting people to your grave with you.

-0|||||||0-
He who hunts in a pack is still a dog. The lion hunts alone, and so do I. - Napoleon
Conducting an argument by appealing to authority is not using your intelligence; it is just using your memory. - Leonardo Da Vinci

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.