Why seat belts are your friend. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 01:13 PM
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiExpressTJ View Post
ouch. i don't know if i'd give that up for it. Does anyone on here run that bolt on cage kit?
i think that jeep was running stock cage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Coops
2002 TJ Wrangler 

not having a belt on doesn't feel right, like something is missing. Unless of course I'm in an old farm truck......

and to think, the crash scores for the tj's are pretty good.

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/sa...model=Wrangler
post #33 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 01:16 PM
QuickSilverCon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ft_ubgyRiJs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ft_ubgyRiJs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]
this guy didn't have a setabelt on either.
he got very lucky and didn't get to badly hurt
seatbelts are important on AND off the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberwolf0122 View Post
I think you are confusing the right to free speech with the right to be a **** bag, only one is protected by the constitution.

post #34 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 01:18 PM
lynn

2005 LJ Wrangler 

My '93 XJ... see shape of my head in the glass. guy pulled out from a stopsign and I T-boned him about 45 mph...
October, 1996.

By strange coincidence, this happened on the very last day I didn't wear a seatbelt...
I've worn one every day since...

Lynn
'05 LJ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #35 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 01:28 PM
red rubi
So long pal!

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Did that cold air intake improve your mileage???

J/K

Wow!
post #36 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 01:36 PM
RubiExpressTJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005X View Post
i think that jeep was running stock cage
Yeah looks like... just didn't know if anyone is using one of the bolt on cage kits... i might consider one soon... i wan't to be able to fold my windshield down on the trail

- Luke
post #37 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 01:39 PM
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiExpressTJ View Post
Yeah looks like... just didn't know if anyone is using one of the bolt on cage kits... i might consider one soon... i wan't to be able to fold my windshield down on the trail
clean out your PM box. im trying to send one

post #38 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Vandano
1998 TJ Wrangler 

it looks to me as if the car ran off the road of course rolled and came to an abrupt stop on something, maybe a tree or barrier. There is a lot of dirt in the hood and grill area.

Bolt on roll cages are a great second defense and you can never go wrong with extra protection, but don't think for a second that you are at all invincible or even that much more safe with a roll cage. Forces like that will destroy and shred any piece of metal you put in its path.
post #39 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 01:59 PM
BomberJeep
2011 WK 

great post but I would like to know the story as well

Never get between a man and his Jeep - Stacey David.
post #40 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 02:06 PM
RubiExpressTJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005X View Post
clean out your PM box. im trying to send one
all clean.

- Luke
post #41 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 02:09 PM
gwkoch
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I added the front half cage to my existing factory rollbar last weekend. The windshield frame offers zero roll over protection. Mine came out a wrecked TJ in a local salvage yard and in excellent shape. As an extra precaution a friend of mine cleaned up and improved all the welds before I installed it.

And yes I am a firm believer in seatbelts.
post #42 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 02:24 PM
_Yeti_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Great thread. I used to take a lot of crap from my friends for not driving until everyone was wearing their seatbelts. I later changed that and would remind them to buckle up then accelerate to 15mph and slam on the breaks. It didn't take too many times before they learned to buckle up.

Carolina Offroad
post #43 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

I've been researching and saving pictures from various TJ/CJ/YJ wrecks for years. Which was one of my motivations for my choice of an aftermarket roll cage. Here's more crashed TJs I've collected from this forum and Pirate4x4, among other sources:

Useful Write-Ups:

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:

Last edited by Unlimited04; 02-13-2009 at 02:54 PM.
post #44 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

In all the Jeeps posted above, including the red one from the OP is the windshield collapses into the passenger compartment. The B-pillar stays fairly intact, but the windshield bars fold and buckle.

Even adding a Rockhard 4x4 cage to the stock bars provides a noticeable increase in support:

The bad thing about adding lots of armor like the Jeep in the OP's post, especially front tube fenders, is they transmit significant amounts of stress directly to the passengers/tub.

Useful Write-Ups:

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #45 of 636 Old 02-13-2009, 02:54 PM
vincec
2001 TJ Wrangler 

If you look at all the pic the seat backs are all in good shape.I feel a little better about that point.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.