Why don't people buy rubicons - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Why don't people buy rubicons

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
Ls1man2020
2013 JK Wrangler 

Why don't people buy rubicons

I was wondering for all the cool jeeps I see everyday. I rarely see any rubicons. Normally I'm the only rubicon out there on most days commuting to work or on the worthless trails we have here in northern va/west va. It makes me wonder why more jeep owners don't buy jeep rubicons? Is there something that I don't know about the rubicon?

Ls1man2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
lostmimic
2014 JK Wrangler 

$$$
lostmimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
rayder1

My guess is it's the initial $$$$. Secondly, if you're going to build up your Jeep, you're going to toss out most of the parts that make it a Rubicon. We paid for shocks, wheels, springs, lockout, stickers and seat stitching for our Rubicons....to name a few. A lot of folks put a lift and new wheels/tires right away.
rayder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Most people never see a dirt road. Few people will ever go where a Rubicon could go Off Road, in anything that new. Why the $$,$$$. take a rubicon were lockers gearing and the rest is needed it wont look new long.

but you are only looking at a small area . where you live and the circle of people you see. I see what you do not and I think I know were all those rubi's went. they wheel out west. I see new ones to older ones all the time. where? on trails rated 3.5-5 AZ. why? you wont make it with out at least what a rubicon brings to the plate or BETTER.

But I see MORE ruibs 4d's that never seemore than a class2 trail. God forbid it gets a scratch.
Unread 10-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #5
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayder1 View Post
My guess is it's the initial $$$$. Secondly, if you're going to build up your Jeep, you're going to toss out most of the parts that make it a Rubicon. We paid for shocks, wheels, springs, lockout, stickers and seat stitching for our Rubicons....to name a few. A lot of folks put a lift and new wheels/tires right away.
Really? add it up first. You wheel much? You will not make a sport a con for 8k. Unless you are a real mechanic. Most people that buy a new sport have no more money to go big latter too.

First look at the new Con with 4:10 gears/lockers. You can mount 35"s and smoke them out of the hole.? NO gears needed. You can not get 4:10 in any other model.

4:1 low. unless you are trying to make a weak Rubi why would you go with the Rubi 4:1. You must be talking Atlas. add another 3K(no labor)

Now if you are going to the "Hammers" and need to run class 5(our hardest) trails. You really do not even want a JEEP. forget it. they just are not worth it. Build a rock Buggy and tow it there......

no offense,,,,,,,,,
Unread 10-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #6
Jeffro3000
2010 JK Wrangler 

I think a lot, myself included, never thought they would get s involved as they did. I wish I bought a rubi just the D44 up front.
Unread 10-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #7
horaceunit
2013 JK Wrangler 

That was my thing when I recently (3 months ago) got my 2013 Wrangler. Would I have gotten a Rubi if I could have afforded it? Absolutely!! As it is I got a base Wrangler, and once I pay it off the serious modding will begin! I had a 97 TJ that I really loved- however, comma, slash, it was a 4 banger and didn't have A/C, and dropping another drivetrain isn't something I would have tackled anyway. I plan on having mine for a very long time so buying new, and the least expensive, made sense since I figure to be modifying it for the next 20 years or so. Plus where I am (Delaware shore) about the only regular off-roading I can do is on the beach for surf-fishing. I do have a friend who has a cabin in Madison County Virginia in the mountains and that can be fun!
Unread 10-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #8
Ls1man2020
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
Most people never see a dirt road. Few people will ever go where a Rubicon could go Off Road, in anything that new. Why the $$,$$$. take a rubicon were lockers gearing and the rest is needed it wont look new long.

but you are only looking at a small area . where you live and the circle of people you see. I see what you do not and I think I know were all those rubi's went. they wheel out west. I see new ones to older ones all the time. where? on trails rated 3.5-5 AZ. why? you wont make it with out at least what a rubicon brings to the plate or BETTER.

But I see MORE ruibs 4d's that never seemore than a class2 trail. God forbid it gets a scratch.
Lol. God I wish I lived on the west coast.
Unread 10-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #9
Ls1man2020
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by horaceunit View Post
That was my thing when I recently (3 months ago) got my 2013 Wrangler. Would I have gotten a Rubi if I could have afforded it? Absolutely!! As it is I got a base Wrangler, and once I pay it off the serious modding will begin! I had a 97 TJ that I really loved- however, comma, slash, it was a 4 banger and didn't have A/C, and dropping another drivetrain isn't something I would have tackled anyway. I plan on having mine for a very long time so buying new, and the least expensive, made sense since I figure to be modifying it for the next 20 years or so. Plus where I am (Delaware shore) about the only regular off-roading I can do is on the beach for surf-fishing. I do have a friend who has a cabin in Madison County Virginia in the mountains and that can be fun!
Madison county wow I grew up in culpeper Madison is my back yard. Yeah you can find some nice power lines around there and richardsville to play on off of rt 3.
Unread 10-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #10
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Because they're expensive as ****.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #11
2010Rubicon
2010 JK Wrangler 

There are a lot of Rubicons here in Texas. Ironically, there is almost no opportunity to go off road in this huge state. All the land is either privately owned ranches, or government controlled and not open to off roading. Surely this must influence some customer's choices.

If I had the chance to do it again, I would probably buy a Sahara instead of a Rubicon. However, when I was ordering my vehicle years ago Jeep did not offer the high end audio and navigation system on their lower model JKs. I had the choice of a stripped down system on a lower model JK, or getting the Rubicon. Come to think of it, there are a few other features, such as remote start, that are unavailable on the lower models.
2010Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #12
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayder1 View Post
x2 here, imo the only decent part is the t-case. if your not going to run bigger than 35s though, a rubicon may be an alright choice for you.
Unread 10-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #13
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

I went with a Sport due to $$$.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #14
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

When I bought mine, I didn't know the difference between a Rubi and a Sport.

It just had what I was looking for: Detonator Yellow, 2-dr, auto (so the wife can drive it too), dual tops, and towing package.

In hindsight, I am very happy that I bought it though.
Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2013, 11:36 AM   #15
usjeep

No one else will say it so I will. Real jeeps are built not bought. Just that simple.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
usjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.