Why don't JK owners wave? - Page 22 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Why don't JK owners wave?

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 05-07-2009, 03:03 PM   #316
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeweeXJ View Post
Between applying make-up, yelling at kids, and keeping all the groceries in line, how do you expect a JK owner to wave?
damn straight! Applying my makeup requires all my attention!

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2009, 03:21 PM   #317
toyota4x405
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post
damn straight! Applying my makeup requires all my attention!
X2, and it takes talent to do it without a visor mirror
Green Jeep Club Member #254

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Jeep Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTJ View Post
'REAL Jeepers don`t cry about other Jeepers not waving at them!'
toyota4x405 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2009, 03:24 PM   #318
08rubinewb
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm not gonna say that I don't wave anymore but I did stop initiating after getting more dirty looks than returned waves. That being said the second someone looks like they are waving i'm returning it right away.... makes me kinda sad actually since my other two vechicles are still a wave-a-thon.
08rubinewb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2009, 03:32 PM   #319
toyota4x405
2007 JK Wrangler 

I was driving to the gas station by my work (50 cent hotdogs with 20oz drink, oh yea) and saw a TJ headed my way. Noticed a lift so I gave the wave, he looked and waved back. Always nice to get a wave, no matter from what generation they came from.
Green Jeep Club Member #254

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Jeep Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTJ View Post
'REAL Jeepers don`t cry about other Jeepers not waving at them!'
toyota4x405 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #320
73Dart
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post
dayum... Where's all the venom from from the TJ/YJ guys? This thread started off with so much great spewing. And somewhere it turned south (maybe it turned North, IDK). But all of a sudden there is no more comments from the JK haters any more.

I guess after 20 pages (+/-) of spewing hatred for the JK, their A.D.D. kicked in and they are unable to follow the thread any longer

A.d.d. what A.d.d........ Oh I see something shiny.......What were we talking about again...... oh yea Jeeps.

My motor swap thread
73Dart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2009, 09:58 PM   #321
Enforcicon
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have a 2dr JK and I almost always wave. I have about a 50% return ratio on my waves. Around here most of the YJs and TJs I see are bone stock or have tube bumpers and nothing else, they rarely wave back.
255/75R17 Goodyear Wrangler SR-A's on 17" Rubi Wheels, 4.10 Gears/Tow Package, 6" KC Slim Lights w/ Windshield Mount, Rugged Ridge Tubular Side Steps, Rugged Ridge Headlight and Tail Light Gaurds, Brushed Aluminum Grill Inserts, Cool Tech Switch Panel, CB Radio w/ 4ft FireStik
Someday: Shrockworks Bumpers Front and Rear, 2-3 inch lift, Winch, etc...
Enforcicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2009, 04:43 AM   #322
Mediarocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperjeevz View Post
I have a 2dr JK and I almost always wave. I have about a 50% return ratio on my waves. Around here most of the YJs and TJs I see are bone stock or have tube bumpers and nothing else, they rarely wave back.
i'm not "that" stock. I got 31 A/T KO's and lights.

But i always wave. Even when i'm not in my jeep. I dont care if they flip me off I just smile and keep on
Because only a real jeeper would wave back, and apparently, if they didnt wave. they arent a real jeeper (
(or they have ADD)(and maybe are applying makup ) <<<the only exceptions to the rules.),

Hence they are not worthy of my time..

Currently Jeepless against my own will.
Mediarocker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2009, 05:39 AM   #323
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediarocker View Post
i'm not "that" stock. I got 31 A/T KO's and lights.

But i always wave. Even when i'm not in my jeep. I dont care if they flip me off I just smile and keep on
Because only a real jeeper would wave back, and apparently, if they didnt wave. they arent a real jeeper (
(or they have ADD)(and maybe are applying makup ) <<<the only exceptions to the rules.),

Hence they are not worthy of my time..

I get lots of return waves including JKs and women. It just takes a while for a new owner to catch up with the idea.

I miss waves sometimes. Mind distracted, watching something else in traffic, etc. When it's hectic, my mind is just processing positions of vehicles, not what kind of vehicle or what the driver is doing. but if my wife is with me, she'll return the wave if I miss it.
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2009, 07:14 AM   #324
joeYJeep95
1997 TJ Wrangler 

if theyre not waving there not a jeeper
Unread 05-08-2009, 09:27 AM   #325
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediarocker View Post
Finally someone gets it!!!!

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Quote:
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
Unread 05-08-2009, 09:30 AM   #326
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

damn! On the way to work I saw a 4dr Rubi. I waved, he just stared like he was looking at some sociopath.

But he was bone stock... So maybe my 4dr scared him

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 05-09-2009, 02:57 AM   #327
Mediarocker

Saw a nice lookin YJ on 33's today, Gave em right of way, and ended up passing with a 4 person wave and yes, they waved back! :P

Currently Jeepless against my own will.
Mediarocker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2009, 07:48 AM   #328
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

its like asking, "why don't you see many BIKERS riding Harleys anymore?" Because Hollywood jerks, Dr.s, Lawyers, and other mucky mucks have found a new toy, and money is no object... so as time passes, old jeepers, or just real jeepers are getting fewer and farther apart.. what we have now are people more interested in those damn 10,000 watt amps, bass boxes, CD players, "gee where am I going to put my speakers" people.. so, you wave at any of these folks, they are too busy texting, adjusting their stereo, or primping in their mirrors to make sure their hair blows just right... and of course, wave... that's not cool...
Unread 05-09-2009, 08:36 AM   #329
GonzoTJ

'REAL Jeepers don`t cry about other Jeepers not waving at them!' How pathetic!
GonzoTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2009, 05:42 PM   #330
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

nobodys crying about anything.. its obvious WHO the real jeepers are, and who the phony's are..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.