Whats a TJ worth with a blown motor? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Whats a TJ worth with a blown motor?

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 12-23-2011, 08:19 AM   #16
uncleroman
1999 TJ Wrangler 

how long has it sat with water in the motor? was it running when it was flooded? lots of variables. i used to treat my fourwheeler like a submarine. drained water out of cylinders many times always ran fine after. lots of oil changes

uncleroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #17
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

First thing you might want to try is remove all the plugs, drain the oil, and flush out as much water as possible. Will it crank over without the plugs in?

Do that first then see if it has compression. If it does, throw it back together and see if it fires up...
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 11:04 AM   #18
Rudinater
2009 JK Wrangler 

I agree with others 500.00 to maybe 1000.00.

If the owner does not agree to that move on. There are lots of used jeeps out there

Red 09 Unlimited Rubicon - Teraflex 4inch long arm lift, Elka shocks, 5:38 gears, 37inch GY MTR's, Expedition Core front bumper with Warn PowerPlant HD, RS-E rear bumper and carrier, RS-E step rock sliders.
Rudinater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2011, 02:21 PM   #19
LilViper95
Web Wheeler

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I have rebuilt a number of wrecks in my day to get a nice ride at a low price. You couldn't pay me however to take one that had been submerged. Having worked in the auto repair business my whole life and seen the problems flood cars have...no thanks.

My Attempt at a Wrangler YJ Unlimited

Past builds:
Unwrecking a Rubicon
My Rusty Wrangler Project
LilViper95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2011, 05:45 PM   #20
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

A co-worker scrambled the engine on his TJ, and put an ad for it on Craigslist. People started emailing him immediately even though he told them that the Jeep had not even been dropped off by the tow truck yet. Some guy called him from 1.5 hr away and said he'd come up anyhow... showed up with cash and his own tow truck. I think it went for about 2800.

Point is, people were still emailing him, some angry that he had let this guy get it. A good TJ still has value even with a blown engine.
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.