whats she worth? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > whats she worth?

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Steering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 12-11-2013, 06:11 AM   #1
bowtwilly
1994 YJ Wrangler 

whats she worth?

hey guys, just need some advice. I have decided to sell my 94 yj. i have had it for along time and i want a different jeep. one with a bigger engine. i have completely rewired the underside of the dash, blinkers, windshield wipers, they are all on switches. the factory wiring harness was in rough shape from mice and other things. i have removed the factory air box and heater so electric heater could be put in. replaced the transmission. it has a 2.5l, ax5, np231 transfer case. it runs drives 4wd lights blinkers brakes all this works, except the gauges and odometer and trip stopped working after tranny swap. new fuel pump i replaced exhaust manifold, plugs, distributor button and cap, plug wires, all NGK. no back seat gt grant steering wheel. i have rewired the blinkers to a aftermarket blinker switch factory one broke about 3 time. it used to be my daily driver. also rebuilt fuel rail and injectors. i wanna sell it as is. im not gonna pull that "oh its got sentimental value" card out.
engine has about 155,000. transmission about 130,000 is what the guy told me. starts up every time and drives down the road. no tops at all half steel doors including dent, dings, and scratches. i do have new factory soft top hardware tho. can someone maybe give me and idea on wear to start on an asking price? thanx 94 yj, 2.5l

bowtwilly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2013, 06:13 AM   #2
Kdeome
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Kbb.com
Kdeome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2013, 06:15 AM   #3
SeanB95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

it varies so much based on location, condition (dents, rust, upholstery tears, etc)

to get a starting point, check out KBB.com then deduct for your missing or broken items (top, gauges, etc)

in reality, it's worth whatever someone's willing to pay for it
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sean B. - Schenectady, NY - 95 YJ, 350/700r4/NP241, JB Shorty SYE, 8.8 rear, 2" BDS, 1" homebrew shackles, Daystar 1" BL, TJ flares, 35x12.50 General Grabber AT2 on 15x10 Bart D-Truckers, Polyshield polycarbonate windshield, HD over/under crossover steering
[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]swap/build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/after-almost-4-years-finally-my-own-build-swap-thread-1542284/[/url][/COLOR][/FONT]
SeanB95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2013, 06:28 AM   #4
bowtwilly
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ok ill check it out Thnx
Unread 12-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #5
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

In my area if everything functions and the wiring was stock you could get around $3500.

With no gauges or a top and "customized" wiring you would be lucky to get $2k.

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
bowtwilly
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Just fixed all the Guages. Now its 100% Workin. Just no top. Ill just cast it out there see what bites i get. I already have a few guys that want it so ill see what i can get. Thanx for the help guys
Unread 12-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #7
Adam013085

This time of the year no top will be a deal breaker for a lot of people. If you aren't hurting for $ wait until the weather warms up and put it there with no top. Should net for a bit more $
Adam013085 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #8
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

in my area its worth about 2k without a top.
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2013, 05:34 AM   #9
Renegade88
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I would personally look on Craigslist or hell buy a cheap top from quadratec and it would up the resale and look of the jeep tremendously. You could probably get around 3500-3k in my part of the country.

PanhandlePierFishing.com
Renegade88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
sell , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.