Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

whats a fair price?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Chrisnvegas 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, name is xavier and I was a prior jeep owner and I'm about to sell my 350z and get back to the lifted world.

With the intro done I was wondering what everyone's thoughts would be on this YJ. What would be a fair price?I was looking s TJs but this one caught my eye. Here are the details. I'm sorry for asking so much and I promise that I will be doing a lot of researching on this forum to learn everything I can prior to me buying it. One of the big concerns is that it has Sulastic shackles, are they reliable or are they known to have issues? Anyway thank you ahead of time and I look for forward to coming back to this Jeep world.

95 Jeep Wrangler YJ (with cold AC)

- 6 cylinder 4.0 high output fuel injected Engine replaced at 120K miles (engine jeep has roughly 50K)
- 5 Speed Transmission rebuilt at same time as engine swap (including clutch/pressure plate/baerings)
- Transfer case has SYE kit
- Custom Tom Woods rear drive shaft with CV joint (Heavy duty)
- Rear axle: ford 8.8 with 4:10 gears, disc breaks and lockers
- Front axle: Dana 30 with 4:10 gears, Alloy USA chromalloy axle kit and lockers
- Stinger front bumper with 9500# Quadratec winch
- AMPed stereo with 6 speakers including 2 10" subs (sounds good even while driving with the top off)
- Skid plates: both diff covers, oil pan, and belly pan
- 35" mud tires on Rubicon 16" wheels (also have asset of 33"x14" Boggers can be included for the right deal)
- 2.5 Old Man Emu springs
- FOX long travel shocks (less than 5000 mikes on them) M.O.R.E. shock mount extension
- M.O.R.E. front leaf spring shackle reversal kit (better handling a must on any leaf spring jeep)
- Sulastic at the rear of all 4 leaf springs (another must on ANY leaf spring vehicle)
- New exhaust system from headers back (4 months ago)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
What are they asking? Is this exactly what you're looking for? If so, a fair price is however much money you're willing to part with in exchange for that Jeep and be happy. It seems like it's in nice shape and has some quality upgrades. Someone else will have to chime in on the leafsprings. I'm not familiar. A Jeep like that in my area would probably go between 8-10k if in excellent shape.

#3 ·
His asking price is 8k. I am trying to check it out in person in a day or 2. It looks like it has some rust on the driver side door but hopefully that's the only area. The paint is original paint which looks good on pictures but is probably close to needing a fresh coat. Any ideas of what to look for on YJs would be greatly appreciated.

#4 ·
Rust is the most important thing to look for. Crawl underneath and check the frame. I'm live in Ca., so I'm not familiar with it. Maybe some rust belt guys will tell how and where to look. If it has carpet, pull it up and check the floor pans on both sides. Also check to see if the CEL (check engine light) comes on when you turn the ignition on. It will go off after a few seconds, but make sure it stays off when you start it.

I've never heard of Sulastic shackles before. They look like revolver shackles. The jury is still out around here, if they are safe or not. The jury is out whether a shackle reversal is better or not. I don't have either, I just read a lot.

#5 ·
Well I checked it out today and test drove it. Looked like the pictures and really didn't see any concerns with rust at all. Rode much better than I expected. For leaf springs with 35's it rode very smooth shockingly. A/C worked great and everything appeared in working order. Hopefully ill be able to pick it up soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.