What would you pay? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > What would you pay?

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 12-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
BeachMonkey100

What would you pay?

hey guys, I believe this is my first post as a member of the forum! so I am introducing myself first. I currently reside in Myrtle Beach, SC. looking at a few jeeps lately and decided I found one that I want and that actually looks and exceeds my wants.

I am looking at my first jeep to buy and well here it goes.

I went and looked at this 2000 TJ yesterday, it has 117,000 miles, Inline 6, 5 speed. new transmission, rubicon express lift, 8.8 rear end with detroit locker and 4.88 gears. 35x12.50x16 maxxis buckshot mudders (tread is really decent). an onboard air compressor, 120000lb wren winch, and a ton of extra add ons.

Like I said I am new to the forum and don't really know what a good price to pay for this would be. A lot of my friends all have jeeps, some are nicer than this and some are worse. My theory is "it's always a working project and you are really never finished" so it doesn't have to be perfect. It does need work, a lot of cleaning inside and out and some tlc but I believe after that it should be fine!

here are some pictures, please help!

3e73g33l65ed5k15jccc1d3a18df2d61e1298.jpg   3f63j23hc5n85ee5j9cc17da32bf5b5f2141e.jpg   3id3l43n25g65ea5f5cc17df3dc97b3e416db.jpg   3k53n53l45l35f85hbcc19d82b058121f1754.jpg   3n83l33fd5l45f75h9cc109644740fdd51262.jpg  

3e53l83nc5le5g15k6cc176a3614e07c614e3.jpg  
BeachMonkey100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
MrDubbe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

With 115 k on the clock I would offer 8.5k-10k It's a good looking jeep but you know it has to have some hard miles on it. Any rust?
Unread 12-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
BeachMonkey100

yeah any jeep with that many miles does have some "hard miles' I agree! and I have been around late models, go karts as well as car restoration my entire life. (dad owning a body shop in PA for 12 years) and I could no find rust anywhere! (except for where it is usual, manifolds, exhaust, etc.) no body rust that I could find or floor rust.
Unread 12-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #4
JennyLee
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Id offer 7k. It looks like it needs new fender flares, marker light, fender...just from the pic. NADA says 6.5K trade in 9K retail (clean)

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2000/...ort-4WD/Values
JennyLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #5
BeachMonkey100

the fender does need to be fixed, which is no big deal for me at all. when I did look at it, if the fender is fixed the flare will retain its normal position. the only thing that would need bought is a marker light in my opinion.

and right now he has it listed for 8800. I am glad I could come here to get a true opinion! thanks everyone!
Unread 12-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #6
JennyLee
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMonkey100 View Post
the fender does need to be fixed, which is no big deal for me at all. when I did look at it, if the fender is fixed the flare will retain its normal position. the only thing that would need bought is a marker light in my opinion.

and right now he has it listed for 8800. I am glad I could come here to get a true opinion! thanks everyone!
No matter what it would cost you, you have to be objective. The same jeep in very good condition is worth 9.2K. Now subtract the market price of the repairs....say 1K of parts, paint and labor, then take into account its hard life say 1K, this helps cover all the suspension engine or electrical problems its likely to have now or soon...that puts you around 7K. Granted he has modded it but mods cut both ways....it ads value to some people in the Jeep market and reduces value to others in the market...Does it drive well?
Unread 12-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #7
MrDubbe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If it drives good and looks good (rust wise and interior/body work) and you like the jeep make an offer. Shoot him a low ball offer and see what happens. What is the reason for selling it?
Unread 12-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #8
JennyLee
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdubbe View Post
if it drives good and looks good (rust wise and interior/body work) and you like the jeep make an offer. Shoot him a low ball offer and see what happens. What is the reason for selling it?
+1
Unread 12-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #9
BeachMonkey100

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyLee View Post
No matter what it would cost you, you have to be objective. The same jeep in very good condition is worth 9.2K. Now subtract the market price of the repairs....say 1K of parts, paint and labor, then take into account its hard life say 1K, this helps cover all the suspension engine or electrical problems its likely to have now or soon...that puts you around 7K. Granted he has modded it but mods cut both ways....it ads value to some people in the Jeep market and reduces value to others in the market...Does it drive well?
You are 100% right and I totally agree!
Unread 12-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #10
BeachMonkey100

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDubbe View Post
If it drives good and looks good (rust wise and interior/body work) and you like the jeep make an offer. Shoot him a low ball offer and see what happens. What is the reason for selling it?
I plan to make an offer sometime tomorrow when I get a chance to call him, I try not to call anyone on a Sunday especially for an offer since it is Sunday.

and it needs to be cleaned inside and out like I said but I have checked it up and down for rust which I couldn't find. and I planned to offer him 7.2 or so at first to see what he says. and the reason for selling is he bought a brand new ss camaro (which still had the papers from the dealership on the windows sitting in his driveway). He also had 5 jeeps in his garage and did say it was time to sell some to pay for this car.
Unread 12-16-2012, 05:06 PM   #11
MrDubbe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

7.2 sounds like a good starting point. I would negotiate to about 8k. One thing that sounds good is that he has multiple jeeps so hopefully you get a sweat rig.
Unread 12-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #12
BeachMonkey100

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDubbe View Post
7.2 sounds like a good starting point. I would negotiate to about 8k. One thing that sounds good is that he has multiple jeeps so hopefully you get a sweat rig.
thanks! I thought that was a good starting point. he had it listed at 9000 at first and then dropped it to 8800. So I think I can start at 7.2 and then negotiate. I don't want him to get mad and say no deal and leave but then again I don't want to pay to much. Might try and give him a call tonight and see what happens!
Unread 12-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #13
caa434
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Nice to see somebody else from MB on the forum. 8k sounds like a good price for that mileage, as long as it isnt a rust bucket.
caa434 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #14
BeachMonkey100

Quote:
Originally Posted by caa434
Nice to see somebody else from MB on the forum. 8k sounds like a good price for that mileage, as long as it isnt a rust bucket.
thanks! there are a lot of jeeps around here! yeah I have checked it up and down. no rust.
Unread 12-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #15
BeachMonkey100

well I have just gotten off the phone with the man and after tough negotiations it is settled at 8500. I offered 7.2 and he took it as low ball. (If it were mine I would say the same too) but after talking I got down to 8500. so now I can make a thread saying this is what I am going to pay lol..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.