what would you guys pay for this jeep?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > what would you guys pay for this jeep??

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.850" LED Light Bar with Overhead Mounting Brackets $69

Unread 02-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #16
Maverickxeo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjp View Post
Huh??????? This is the first time I've ever seen someone claim that. They would give him bottom dollar -$1000 for his Jeep. That's why KBB and the like always have trade in values less than dealer or private values. I'll never understand why people trade in vehicles.
They tend to bump up the trade in value on the vehicle; but deny lower offer prices. Ive been offered $3000 for an 87 buick century, that was falling apart, and had duct tape holding the bumper together. To sell as an outside sale Id be lucky to get $250; that was after getting a 'decent' offer price on my old ZJ. To be fair though, the ZJ was sitting on the lot for a while and was a little overpriced...

Ive traded in a few vehicles, and ALWAYS get more than I would from a private sale, and I do tend to work out decent offers; its all in how to deal with the salesperson.

Maverickxeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #17
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The only benefit to trading in is that you only pay sales tax on the difference. For example, I want to buy a $10,000 car and trade another car for $8000. I only pay tax on the $2000 difference. However, you will almost always get more for your ride by selling private party. Sometimes you have to be patient. Hell, I listed one of my first custom cars, a 92 Prelude, on Craig's list. It sat on there for a year before selling it for $10,500 cash. Kbb on the car was tops $4000. There is a buyer for everything. Patience is key.
Unread 02-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #18
Maverickxeo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy206 View Post
The only benefit to trading in is that you only pay sales tax on the difference. For example, I want to buy a $10,000 car and trade another car for $8000. I only pay tax on the $2000 difference. However, you will almost always get more for your ride by selling private party. Sometimes you have to be patient. Hell, I listed one of my first custom cars, a 92 Prelude, on Craig's list. It sat on there for a year before selling it for $10,500 cash. Kbb on the car was tops $4000. There is a buyer for everything. Patience is key.
That is true, yes, but a lot of times, sitting on a vehicle can cost you in the long run. Had I not traded in my vehicles at the purchase, I wouldve paid more in interest on a loan than had I just traded them in.
Maverickxeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 05:26 PM   #19
seattle_yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

West coast prices are 6-7k range for something like you have described. I found out recently that it is easier to get a loan on something that had <115k. I was told by chase and bank of America that this is the magic number.
seattle_yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #20
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

It all depends on the buyer, what they are looking for and what they are willing to pay. One time I was offered, by some random stranger, 6K for my YJ based on appearance alone and no detailed inquiry or inspection - looks being pretty much just the lift. That's more than what I had paid for the Jeep plus the lift - the looks on which the offer was based.

If rusty frames are a typical local issue, you could use the new frame to offset the higher mileage on the engine and ask a little more. Check the prices listed on KBB and Edmunds.com to see the range of what is considered reasonable - add some to that because of the frame, and be negotiable. Expect people to low ball on a high asking price though because of all the additional mods that they may not want. I passed up many potential Jeeps to find one that was pretty much stock, and I paid a little extra to get mine in near stock condition.
NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.