what would you guys pay for this jeep?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > what would you guys pay for this jeep??

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Reply
Unread 02-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
CLINT11
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: lancaster, ny, new york
Posts: 31
what would you guys pay for this jeep??

looking to sell my 97 wrangler sport but i want to get a rough idea on what you think it would go for.
Specs:
97 wrangler sport in blue
body in good shape not major rust on surface
NEW FRAME SUPER CLEAN JUST INSTALLED OVER SUMMER 15K ON IT
4.0l w/ax-15 5spd (engine just rebuilt 100 miles ago)
np231 transfer case with AA sye and tom woods cv shaft
Skyjacker 4" short arm lift with rear adj. upper arms
bilstein 5100 shocks front and rear
dana 30 front with 4.56 gears and detroit trutrac
dana 44 rear with 4.56 gears and detroit locker
quadratec steering upgrade with R.E. steering stabilizer
adj. front and rear trac bars
hard and soft tops
rubicon gas tank skid
35x12.5x15 bfg km2s on black cragar steels 17/32s left
warn rock sliders
airaid cold air intake and throttle body spacer
smittybilt front and pro comp rear bumpers
hella black magic fogs
custom built light bar styled after delta skybar
recipts for everything and im sure im forgetting to mention some things
Just want to know what you guys would pay or even if youre inerested.
thanks

CLINT11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!
 
TheBoogieman's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Charlottesville, Va
Posts: 27,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLINT11 View Post
looking to sell my 97 wrangler sport but i want to get a rough idea on what you think it would go for.
Specs:
97 wrangler sport in blue
body in good shape not major rust on surface
NEW FRAME SUPER CLEAN JUST INSTALLED OVER SUMMER 15K ON IT
4.0l w/ax-15 5spd (engine just rebuilt 100 miles ago)
np231 transfer case with AA sye and tom woods cv shaft
Skyjacker 4" short arm lift with rear adj. upper arms
bilstein 5100 shocks front and rear
dana 30 front with 4.56 gears and detroit trutrac
dana 44 rear with 4.56 gears and detroit locker
quadratec steering upgrade with R.E. steering stabilizer
adj. front and rear trac bars
hard and soft tops
rubicon gas tank skid
35x12.5x15 bfg km2s on black cragar steels 17/32s left
warn rock sliders
airaid cold air intake and throttle body spacer
smittybilt front and pro comp rear bumpers
hella black magic fogs
custom built light bar styled after delta skybar
recipts for everything and im sure im forgetting to mention some things
Just want to know what you guys would pay or even if youre inerested.
thanks
I buy and sell Jeeps all the time.Pics are needed for an estimate.What's the mileage and why was the engine replaced? With your facts I wouldn't pay over $7,000 on a good day.
__________________
Quote:
When I had 3.07s I would draft behind birds as an attempt to do the speed limit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepsr4me View Post
Yeap its your nuts that giving you the trouble here...... Get the right ones
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all
 
Jerry Bransford's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Escondido, California, California
Posts: 60,044
Non-tech, moved.
__________________
Getting Savvy...

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
threeb
Web Wheeler
 
threeb's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Fort Bend County, TX
Posts: 2,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman

I buy and sell Jeeps all the time.Pics are needed for an estimate.What's the mileage and why was the engine replaced? With your facts I wouldn't pay over $7,000 on a good day.
I think he would rather know what you would sell it for?
__________________
LJ Owners Group member #431.
threeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
CLINT11
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: lancaster, ny, new york
Posts: 31
150000, wasn't replaced was rebuilt, needed valve seals so they went threw the while thing to freshen things up
CLINT11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #6
w0mps
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edison, New Jersey
Posts: 380
$4,000. You can get low mileage TJ's around here for 7-9k all day long.
__________________
- Andrew
w0mps WJ Build Thread
w0mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #7
w0mps
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edison, New Jersey
Posts: 380
Don't take offense, just my opinion. Mods you do to the truck rarely appeal to a buyer, if anything it depreciates the value.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
- Andrew
w0mps WJ Build Thread
w0mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #8
CLINT11
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: lancaster, ny, new york
Posts: 31
Yeah....way to low. I see yjs going for that
CLINT11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #9
2000WJ4x4
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: columbia, tennessee
Posts: 206
Around here it's hard to find a tj at all for under 10k.
__________________
2002 tj 4.0 d30-d44 2.5"RC prog. springs, JK shocks, 32x11.50 Cooper STT's
2000WJ4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #10
bobjp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,331
Something like that would be priced at minimum of $7000 in Michigan. Check out what they're selling for on Craigslist.
__________________
97 TJ sport.
bobjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #11
CLINT11
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: lancaster, ny, new york
Posts: 31
Seeing as how the only thing that has high miles on it that hasn't been gone through it's the body, so i was thinking around 9000
CLINT11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #12
Filthy-Beast
Web Wheeler
 
Filthy-Beast's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Palatine, IL
Posts: 2,334
You'll need to wait for the right buyer. Around here all mods and work will be discounted or even counted against you. If I saw this on a lot or CL the question that pops to mind is why did he do all this work, did he do this to hide a beat dog and get sellable? So 6 to 7k
__________________
13 JKUR Build thread

For Sale: 2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks

97 TJ: daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
98 TJ: Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
06 LJ Rubicon: mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
13 JKU Rubicon: Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #13
CLINT11
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: lancaster, ny, new york
Posts: 31
Yeah i understand that. Just looking to sell to get a jk lol. Definitely need to wait for the right buyer
CLINT11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #14
Maverickxeo
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wetaskiwin, Alberta
Posts: 1,880
If you are looking at a JK, check out a trade in. You will ALWAYS get more on a trade in.
Maverickxeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #15
bobjp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickxeo View Post
If you are looking at a JK, check out a trade in. You will ALWAYS get more on a trade in.
Huh??????? This is the first time I've ever seen someone claim that. They would give him bottom dollar -$1000 for his Jeep. That's why KBB and the like always have trade in values less than dealer or private values. I'll never understand why people trade in vehicles.
__________________
97 TJ sport.
bobjp is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.