What headlamps are you using? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > What headlamps are you using?

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 03-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #16
MWV247
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have an bid conversion hanging around I don't want. 20$ plus shipping to whomever

MWV247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #17
MWV247
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Also I'm running truck lite LEDs, I had the delta quad bar with h4s and these are much better
MWV247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #18
cwfergus
2005 TJ Wrangler 

For a quick and cheap upgrade I got the Hella Vision Plus housings. I read about them online in a JP mag article on various headlamps. Found a pair for about $60 if I remember correctly. They have much better light projection than stock. Soon after I put them in I put in some Sylvania Silverstar bulbs. Lasted 2 years so far and the total project cost <$100. It has meet my needs so I have not upgraded more.

Edit: I should mention that I wanted to replace with something DOT approved so that is why I went this route and not to the E-codes.

Last edited by cwfergus; 03-04-2013 at 03:32 PM..
cwfergus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:14 AM   #19
Steel4Pens
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have been trying to convince myself in to getting me a set of Truck Lites. I just want to see someone that has them on their Jeep so I can see them in person before I drop 500 bucks on headlights.
Red Jeep Club #656
Steel4Pens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:28 AM   #20
MilMJ11
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I've got the truck-lites. Expensive, but awesome.

image-4016704077.jpg

image-3122619397.jpg

image-3081854707.jpg
MilMJ11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #21
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I installed IPF housings and lights...love them over the stock junk.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #22
gdl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I had the Hella Vision Plus, along with Silverstar bulbs. Worked pretty well when new but after a couple years it got to where the low-beams were absolutely atrocious. Cars behind me, with their lights shining under me would actually light up the road in front of me better than my own lights. Over time I'd developed a number of rock chips, which let moisture get in and cloud the reflectors and lenses. Now I've got the new generation Truck-Lite LEDs. Fantastic lights EXCEPT when it's snowing. They put out so little heat that they don't melt the snow and ice off the lenses.
gdl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #23
Yeep99
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I got the KC composite replacements. Very happy with them.
Yeep99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #24
search+rescuexj
1994 XJ Cherokee 

I have a set of 1st gen truck lights on my 2000 Jeep tj and i love them on thoes extremely dark nights, BUT if you drive in the snow they arent the best lights because they dont build enough heat to keep them clear but you still get quite a bit of light out of them its just not a real crisp light so i guess they have their advantages and disadvantages .
search+rescuexj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 07:14 AM   #25
MrFusion
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have Truck-Lites on my JK too. Love them! The snow issue is true though. Snow sticks to them due to the lack of generated heat. When I wen skiing this winter I would wipe them off every time I got out of the Jeep.

Aside from that minor issue, they are awesome.
MrFusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #26
duckman1
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Sylvania, Silver Stars I believe.
Unread 05-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #27
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by search+rescuexj View Post
I have a set of 1st gen truck lights on my 2000 Jeep tj and i love them on thoes extremely dark nights, BUT if you drive in the snow they arent the best lights because they dont build enough heat to keep them clear but you still get quite a bit of light out of them its just not a real crisp light so i guess they have their advantages and disadvantages .
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFusion View Post
I have Truck-Lites on my JK too. Love them! The snow issue is true though. Snow sticks to them due to the lack of generated heat. When I wen skiing this winter I would wipe them off every time I got out of the Jeep.

Aside from that minor issue, they are awesome.
I don't see how, the models I have felt by hand get just as hot as a normal incandescent...

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 11:00 PM   #28
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Sylvania Silver Stars, I also just put them in my other car (also uses sealed beams)
Unread 05-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #29
MrFusion
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
I don't see how, the models I have felt by hand get just as hot as a normal incandescent...
I don't know what to tell you. Mine don't get hot (at least not on the lens).

It was a crappy year for snow in Maryland. Maybe I'll have better data next winter.
MrFusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.