what constitutes a REAL JEEP??? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > what constitutes a REAL JEEP???

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 10-19-2013, 07:06 AM   #76
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

When I was younger I hated anything that was newer than a YJ. I can tell you that Jeep never died it just got more modern and changed with the times. Hell my 95 YJ I use to have didn't even have air bags and you needed a set of spurs to ride in it. At the time I loved it then moved onto a TJ that was a little better but, still lacked and wasn't that much more stable on the highway. Moved onto an LJ which was leaps and bounds above those two Jeeps combined in every way but, still had its limitations. Recently moved up to a 08 JK and can surely say its better than all three Jeeps I had put together times 10. Thats not to say older Jeeps aren't good because I still like them and for their time they were ahead of the game. One thing is for sure is we all get older and change some call it getting soft but, I call it getting smarter and just more experienced. Would it be cool to have an older Jeep? Sure but, would I trade my JKU for one? No way!

Unread 10-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #77
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Just like a CEO that came up thru the ranks

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjeep05 View Post
When I was younger I hated anything that was newer than a YJ. I can tell you that Jeep never died it just got more modern and changed with the times. Hell my 95 YJ I use to have didn't even have air bags and you needed a set of spurs to ride in it. At the time I loved it then moved onto a TJ that was a little better but, still lacked and wasn't that much more stable on the highway. Moved onto an LJ which was leaps and bounds above those two Jeeps combined in every way but, still had its limitations. Recently moved up to a 08 JK and can surely say its better than all three Jeeps I had put together times 10. Thats not to say older Jeeps aren't good because I still like them and for their time they were ahead of the game. One thing is for sure is we all get older and change some call it getting soft but, I call it getting smarter and just more experienced. Would it be cool to have an older Jeep? Sure but, would I trade my JKU for one? No way!
Great post and for sure experience is the teacher-well said

Thanx bj-

JIMBO
JIMBOX is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #78
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks. I use to work with this one guy that had a CJ5 and though it was a good looking Jeep it wasn't a daily driver or a highway rig. He swore up and down that the carb was far superior to the multi port fuel injection or whatever Jeep calls it nowadays then went on to say the inline six is the only real Jeep engine and though for its time it most certainly was it was really starting to get dated around the late 80s especially when they had to choke it down more emission wise to make it 50 state legal. Tried telling him that technology goes forward not backwards and though it’s new don't mean its better but, more times than not it usually is or will be once the bugs are worked out. Heck fuel injection is pretty much getting to be a thing in the past with more and more manufactures going DI because they can burn a leaner mixture due to maximum atomization of air and fuel in the cylinder that don't get lost thru valves and such. Only problem is hotter combustion temps put more on engineers to design a spark plug that’s cool enough to keep from burning pistons but, hot enough not to foul especially in short trips where the engine might not reach operating temperature. On top of all this our fuels are pushing the limits with ethanol burning hotter as well. But, someone smarter than all us will get it right. Just my two.
Unread 10-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #79
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'd have to say what makes a Jeep is that one can drive it on and off-road equally well. With mine, I can drive it on narrow, muddy trails here in the midwest, or even over high mountain passes out west to cool camping spots, and then drive it back home. Like in the first two pictures below, this was on Drummond Island (Michigan U.P.) last month. I was commenting to my wife as we were heading home how happy I am with the heep that I can drive it on these kinds of trails and then afterwards drive 70 mph without a concern.

And then out west...

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #80
kremlon

Wow.... I'm a new jeeper... or maybe I'm not, I don't even know If I am one anymore. Is mine a jeep? Is it a car? Is it a plane? This is such a silly conversation.

Whatever it is I bought... it says "Jeep" on the side, so I'm gonna believe that over all the other forum experts. Seriously though, one of the things I loved about joining the "jeep community" is the camaraderie that I've always seen from the jeep owners, please don't kill it right when I get in!
kremlon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 02:09 AM   #81
Eckoh
2003 TJ Wrangler 

What makes a jeep a jeep is the driver. If the driver is a jeeper then he/she/it is in a jeep. If he/she/it is not a jeeper then they are simply in an automobile.
Eckoh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #82
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kremlon View Post
Wow.... I'm a new jeeper... or maybe I'm not, I don't even know If I am one anymore. Is mine a jeep? Is it a car? Is it a plane? This is such a silly conversation.

Whatever it is I bought... it says "Jeep" on the side, so I'm gonna believe that over all the other forum experts. Seriously though, one of the things I loved about joining the "jeep community" is the camaraderie that I've always seen from the jeep owners, please don't kill it right when I get in!
Ditto. If it says jeep, then it's a true jeep.... unless... it's a frankencar like one we used to have(part toyota camry, part something ford, part something chevy, all spliced together into some kind of freak autozombie thing.. LOOONG story there LOL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckoh View Post
What makes a jeep a jeep is the driver. If the driver is a jeeper then he/she/it is in a jeep. If he/she/it is not a jeeper then they are simply in an automobile.
well said!
[QUOTE=JasonStebbins]We can call it the Whoosh King Catalog System. :D[/QUOTE]
Gearhead31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #83
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Paid for are the best ones
Unread 10-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #84
PMSteve
2001 TJ Wrangler 

If it comes from the factory with the word "JEEP" on it somewhere - then I figure it's a Jeep.
Unread 10-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #85
ncb

Real Jeeps are taken off road and not picture whored on the forum by members who clog up the forum with stupid posts and poser shots.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #86
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb
Real Jeeps are taken off road and not picture whored on the forum by by members who clog up the forum with stupid posts and poser shots.
You must be new to the Internet
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #87
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie
You must be new to the Internet
Negative. Just tired of all the Jeep brahs and keyboard jockeys on this forum.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #88
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb

Negative. Just tired of all the Jeep brahs and keyboard jockeys on this forum.
You're tired of Jeep brahs on a Jeep forum?
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 06:15 PM   #89
krawler510
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckoh
I like this mindset and consider myself a legit Jeeper!

Bought these all stock and then had my way with them. (Poser shot in chronological order)

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
image-299406323.jpg

image-3348670856.jpg

image-942826070.jpg

image-548609338.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.