What to consider for Dealer add on's
I'm about ready to order a 2dr.
I know the configuration I want. I qualify for Friend's and Family. Price is pretty much set [unless I want to do battle to try and do better than that].
My question is: What are typical 'after market' items that I should consider [and what dealer 'stuff' that isn't worth it should I ignore]?
Any ideas are welcome. Mats, warranties, ??????
Let's say 2 dealers are at the same price, what should I ask for to 'sweeten' the deal?
I expect that I'll be making a factory order [since I know exactly what I want] and I plan on paying cash.
Any thoughts/ideas/input are welcome.
I'm sure there are others who are in my shoes who would welcome the knowledge and experiences who have gone through the process already.
Make them throw in the extended warranty, otherwise most of the time it's not worth it, from what studies have said..
1. make sure you are getting all "incentives" offered from Jeep applied to your deal.
2. Mats and warranties are nice but at the end of the day all the dealership can do is discount from margin they have to make money. They can give you accessories at "cost" so any add ins are really in leu of a cash discount. Keep it simple keep it revolving on price....price ...price, if you want mats..of course work them into the deal at cost
3. Any warranty or 3m or protection package is basically a rip off to be purchased at the dealership...you can get them aftermarket cheaper. So don't be afraid to barter on those as well if you don't want the hassle of shopping around.
4. I'm sure you can pull the dealer cost somewhere on the net and use that as a reference point.
5. Make sure that you get a price guarantee for next month in-case any new factory incentives pop up.
6. remember you are in complete control, be respectful, be right to the point, they will be happy to get a easy sale, you will be happy to be getting a great deal.
It's more a matter of trying to get the dealers to NOT add on.
Tell them you want a "stripped" model, and they will keep offering you more and more off the price if you take something that's loaded up which they can readily get their hands on without hassling with a factory order.
It works every time. Kinda like turning back their own tactics onto them.:)
went to the dealer on Sat and they found exactly what I want and can have it shipped here this week.
I believe I'm going to ask them to 'throw in':
3rd programmed key
should I consider anything else?
mopar bumpers and winch? see if those can't be had for cost.
Personally I could care less about a hard top but would love some half doors.
The 3rd key and mats are no problem, your going to have to beat them up a little to get the warranty. If they don't want to give you the warranty, stand up and start to walk out the door, if they try to stop you, that means they will go for it.:D
Just remember as stated, YOU are in control and its YOUR money, and be prepared to walk, don't fall in love with the jeep, lots of other deals out there..
|The time now is 05:40 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.