whackmaster '03 tj build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > whackmaster '03 tj build

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 11-01-2009, 10:10 AM   #1
attackcammel
2003 TJ Wrangler 

whackmaster '03 tj build

Hey guys,

I was going through my stuff today and found all the receipts for the parts and whatnot that I got for my jeep so I figured Id start a build thread to let you guys know how it’s coming along. So here I go:

On Thursday May 22, 2008 I bought my first jeep wrangler it’s a 2003 Sahara

It came with:
Hard top
Soft top
Full doors
Danna 44 Rear
3.73 gears
Dana 30 up front
Tube bumper rear

I had the jeep for less than a day before I went upstate New York to my friend’s house where he has 40 Acres and did a little wheeling.

This is what I started with:

Maybe a month after I got the jeep I needed some fog lights because the PO took the stockers off and I guess lost them or something. So I just picked up some Hella 500's from Walmart for $60. I set them up and Put a new switch where the ash tray would be if I had it.

A couple weeks after I bought the lights I picked up a cobra 19 CB and mounted it on top of the dash next to the gauges I got a teraflex? Antenna mount, a 4' firestick, and a quick disconnect for the antenna with 18' of coax and set up the cb and I still can’t get the antenna dialed in just right.

By October I was sick of those ****ty stock headlights so I decided to buy the delta xenon headlights (Delta Tech 1-1199-50X - Delta 7" Round Quad Bar Xenon Headlamp Kit for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec) as recommended by the security guard at work. They were a good upgrade from stock but are still inadequate so if anyone knows what bulbs I should get to replace them just let me know. When I bought the head lights I also picked up some euro light guards for the back and marker lights and I still cant figure out how to get the side marker guards on but I'm not worried about it.

My next step was a JKS 1.25" body lift and 1" brown dog motor mount lift. The body lift went in just fine the only snag I hit was the front passenger side radiator bump but we finally got it in. The brow dog lift was beast compared to the puny stock mounts I was very impressed.

In March of 2009 I found that one of my sway bar links had popped apart on me so I went onto quadratec and picked up some JKS discos. They get the job done there just a pain sometimes getting them back on but it’s really no big deal.

After that I did a few more little things like driving lights (the Hella 500s again) on the windshield, brakes (EBC yellows and centric rotors in the front and greens in the back on cheap rotors) had to replace a cracked caliper).

Just last week I picked up some 33x12.5" general A/T tires for $260 these tires are like brand new I think I got an Awesome deal especially when you know that I intended to buy a set of warn down 31's from the guy for $200 and left with like new 33's for $60 more. Heres the tires:

Now my plan is to get a 2.5" OME lift to fit the tires that are going to go on my factory canyon rims with 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers. Hopefully I'll have all this done by December.

The pics with the tires are the most recent pics I got of my jeep I hope you guys like it. If you guys have any suggestions for my build just let me know. I would really like my jeep to end up being an all purpose rig that can take anything you can throw at it.

So let me know what you think

Ordinary cars lie to you. They tell you that everything is controlled, warm, safe, smooth ---- we know this is a general falsehood. There is extreme beauty in the world and the best way to find it is to be out in it --- all the way. In a Jeep. Cause you can't get there in a Camry.

Last edited by attackcammel; 11-03-2009 at 06:49 PM.. Reason: Fix Picture links
attackcammel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2009, 12:42 PM   #2
SmashinTJs
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like you are getting a pretty good start..
I am jealous of your Dana 44

TJ TECH BOOT CAMP: READ IF NEW

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/
Help us form the JF Search and Rescue Team
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/jf-rescue-704069/
Quote:
Originally Posted by scavanau View Post
Is that bumper weighted to keep you from catching air at highway speed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWhiteWolf View Post
Well no (why would it) :confused:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scavanau View Post
Because I think your fender flares could easily pass for wings
SmashinTJs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
slafferty
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm curious on how you came up with the name whackmaster for your jeep.....
'00 TJ, 4.0, nv3550 spd, E-lockers Front and Rear, 4.88 gears. Homebuilt Bumpers/ tube doors.. Homebuilt Long Arm in the making... 35 inch MT-R's ordered[QUOTE=RUBtjICON;9622056]If you arent scratching it, you arent trying hard enough :tea:[/QUOTE]

[U][I][B]MY BUILD THREAD[/B][/I][/U]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/slaffertys-2000-tj-build-1121555/index2.html"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="4"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/slaffertys-2000-tj-build-1121555/index2.html[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL]
slafferty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #4
attackcammel
2003 TJ Wrangler 

its kind of an inside joke between me my girlfriend and my best friend. he were doing a scavenger hunt with a bunch of friends nd everyone came up with weird names for their teame nd we decided to use team wackmaster idk why but it stuck my friend is even in my phone as (jerry)J wackmaster

I couldnt think of anything else so wackmaster it is
Ordinary cars lie to you. They tell you that everything is controlled, warm, safe, smooth ---- we know this is a general falsehood. There is extreme beauty in the world and the best way to find it is to be out in it --- all the way. In a Jeep. Cause you can't get there in a Camry.
Unread 11-01-2009, 06:08 PM   #5
attackcammel
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Just so you guys know I ordered my lift from northridge4x4 tonight hopefully they get the order proccesed and shipped before they close for the week nd hopefully ill be able to start working on it by next week.

anyone have any suggestions or anything to make the lift go smoother?

and will a 1.25" spacer be enough to keep my tires from rubbing stuff?
Unread 11-02-2009, 05:18 PM   #6
attackcammel
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I forgot to add on that first post about the switch pannle I setup for my lights and future acc.

I made it out of a piece of aluminum i had laying around and some switches i picked up from radioshack After it was cut bent and the holes were drilled out i brushed it up with some steel wool. I think it came out really good for my first fab project.

What do you think?

Im thinking of maybe putting a light right above the switches to iluminate them when I turn on the interior light or the headlights like how the dash lights work.
Unread 11-07-2009, 08:35 PM   #7
attackcammel
2003 TJ Wrangler 

So today i fixed my gas cap tether after buying a third cap from loosing them at gas stations. i used some of that ball and chain type stuff(the stuff you would use as a pull chain for a lamp) a key ring and an electrical ring connector

I screwed the electrical connector onto the gs cap cut the chain to length fed it through the hole on the gas tank bezel and put the key ring on on the back.

now I'm good as new and hopefully wont loose any more gas caps

if anyone wants pics just let me no and ill put them up

still waiting for my lift I cant wait
Unread 11-12-2009, 09:38 AM   #8
attackcammel
2003 TJ Wrangler 

So my lift came in last night everything is here except the wheel spacers ill probobly start on friday if the wether permits it. ill post pics in a few min.

if anyone knows where i can find instructions for the lift let me know i know i saw them but now cant find em
Unread 11-12-2009, 10:08 AM   #9
MisterO

That's a great build thread so far, I think you should have put this into Jeep Registry. Maybe aska Mod to move it for you.
Can't wait to see the lift and tires on.
MisterO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2009, 10:24 AM   #10
attackcammel
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i put it in here because i was reding one right before i made this and it was in here if a mod could move it for me that would be great

thanks for the complements pics coming in a few min.
Unread 11-12-2009, 10:43 AM   #11
attackcammel
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Here you go guys pics of what came in last night:

Unread 11-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #12
MULIEFEVER
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Those are the exact tire I will be putting on my tj! I have them on my Tacoma, and I absolutely love em!
MULIEFEVER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2009, 05:01 PM   #13
attackcammel
2003 TJ Wrangler 

ok huys i finished the lift took me about 16 hrs by my self. It went fairly well with minimal problems.

I had problem with the upper front shock mounts the nut and bolt would just spin on me i had to grind flat spots on the shock rod and put vice grips on the rod to keep it from spinning while i took the nut off. after that the front went back together easy.

in the back i had a problem with a broken upper shock bolt on the pasenger side. that was solved by smashing the nut off of the cross member and replaced it with a new nut and bolt with various washers.

other then that everything went nice and smooth. now I just need to wait for my wheel spacers and ill throw the big meats on.

hopefully thell be on by tuesday night or wed. ill get pics up then

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.