Went pricing rear bumpers got price shock - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Went pricing rear bumpers got price shock

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #16
Evian
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Don't get me wrong, I like MetalCloak bumpers but their selection for rear bumpers is very limited. I have a MetalCloak front bumper on my TJ. I love it. It was the best functional and best looking bumper out there. Their prices were just right.

Evian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #17
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evian View Post
Don't get me wrong, I like MetalCloak bumpers but their selection for rear bumpers is very limited. I have a MetalCloak front bumper on my TJ. I love it. It was the best functional and best looking bumper out there. Their prices were just right.
this

and i have been waiting and torn between savvy and metal cloak. i like the look of the metal cloak front bumper, but would like more options in the rear, esp an aluminum version. I've asked a few times and they stopped responding. It may be enough to push me towards savvy for front and rear
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #18
pendragon
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I am surprised no one mentioned going to your local machine shop / welder! You can save a few coins and supply a local business some much needed revenue. (or get a buddy to build one)

OP I agree and find the prices insulting, I refuse to pay those absurdly inflated prices. But they know we will just empty every pocket for our toys. They rip us for the product and the shipping, it amazes me that people throw their money away like that, but meh to each their own.
Unread 03-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #19
bobjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragon View Post
I am surprised no one mentioned going to your local machine shop / welder! You can save a few coins and supply a local business some much needed revenue. (or get a buddy to build one)

OP I agree and find the prices insulting, I refuse to pay those absurdly inflated prices. But they know we will just empty every pocket for our toys. They rip us for the product and the shipping, it amazes me that people throw their money away like that, but meh to each their own.
The labor rates of any machine shop would put you over the cost of buying a bumper. Plus you might lose out on product development (not that most manufacturers even do much of that).
Unread 03-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #20
Evian
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well my bumper finally arrived. It had the usual problems with pre-installation. The bumper refused to go on. They left two welds very thick which caused the problem. I had to grind them down. Once I did that, it slid in with no problems. The bumper looks great and is very well built. I sprayed rubberized undercoated to the back. I plan on painting the top surface flat black eventually.
dscf2249.jpg  
Unread 03-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #21
Evian
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I finished rubberizing the back of my Rockbrawler bumper. It looks good. You know what I forgot about? I forgot the shackles. I was so caught up pre-installing my bumper that I didn't realize that Poison Spyder forgot my shackles. I ordered two of them and only got the bumper. Overall the experience so far has been great with Poison Spyder. They have friendly customer care representatives and fast delivery. The wait time was about 7 days. Not bad for a custom bumper. These bumpers come set up for either a CJ, YJ, or TJ.
dscf2252.jpg  
Unread 03-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #22
Evian
1999 TJ Wrangler 

It is finally installed. I am still waiting for my shackles apparently they are on back order.

Poison Spyder Rockbrawler bumper with shackle tabs minus the shackles they didn't have.
dscf2257.jpg  
Unread 03-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #23
Evian
1999 TJ Wrangler 

The bumper with the shackle tabs was $499 plus $75 for shipping. I ordered shackles but they are on back order.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.