warrior tube doors (with pin latch?) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > warrior tube doors (with pin latch?)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 07-28-2008, 11:27 AM   #1
SOLOLUCKY
1989 YJ Wrangler 

warrior tube doors (with pin latch?)

I AM LOOKING TO ORDER THESE DOORS. I read somewhere that there are 2 different kinds of latches on wranglers, a pin and a "hoop" (may be the wrong word)

http://www.amazon.com/Warrior-Produc...7265624&sr=8-1

that is the link. It seems like a great price. just wondering if anyone has experience with these and what if anything the 2 latch types mean?
this is what it says in the description "Warrior Tube Doors For 1976-05 Jeep CJ & Wrangler w/ Pin Latch For this version of the door you must change your factory striker. The Tube Doors come with hinges and either a paddle handle, deluxe version, or a standard pin latch for latching and securing." if i change the factory striker will the new striker work with the factory doors or will i hafta change the striker every time i swap doors?

SOLOLUCKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2008, 12:23 PM   #2
md41969
2008 JK Wrangler 

There are two different types of latches, I believe the half doors have the hoop and the full doors have the pin but could be wrong. Here is what the "pin" looks like http://www.omix-ada.com/productInfo....o=55029455K-ST and the hoop is exactly that. Go to the vendor section and look for dontfearthejeeper, he does business with warrior and should be able to get your question answered from them. If you did change the stiker you would have to go back and forth each time you changed doors.
1995 Wrangler

White Jeep Club Member #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourbyFour View Post
"....you know what hurts the most, it's the lack of respect, that hurts the most.....and, and the the other thing hurts too, BUT not as much as the lack of respect..disgusting.."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99 View Post
Your dog's head doesn't look like it belongs on his body. Is it an aftermarket head?
md41969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2008, 01:38 PM   #3
SOLOLUCKY
1989 YJ Wrangler 

YEAH I HAVE full hard doors (hardtop jeep) and the pin type strikers so i hope to maintain them when using either door. i will look up that guy you mentioned. thanks
SOLOLUCKY is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.