wanting so input - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > wanting so input

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
04GC
2004 LJ Wrangler 

wanting so input

so, the jeep got rearended the other day and it bent a front lower controle are mount and messed up the fender a lil bit from the inside, put 2 very small dents in the tailgate and bent a rim and ruined a tire. now we were the ones that got hit, we were just fine (totalled the truck btw) so.. if insurance comes through and we get some money what would yall get (thinking about $2-5k in repairs) if you are looking at it you really cant see much damage, so cosmetics are not an issue.

Some of the specs..BDS 4" coils
jeepmedic engine skid
rustys radiator skid
WARN rock sliders
ARB front bumper
WARN 9.5TI winch
smittybuilt rear bumper and tire swingw/frame tie-ins, and hi-lift
spiderwebshade
rainglernets
tuffy fender boxes
RE ADJ front trackbar
PSC Hood louver
two 20" LED light bars on windshield
IPF spots on A pillars
duallys on front bumper
two 6" LED bars on tire swing
cobra CB w/105" whip
H4 headlights

thats all the bigger stuff i can think of right now

..First i want to upgrade to a sport cage, then i was thinking depending on how much i get, i need new tires anyway, so i was thinking about going up to 35s and 4.56s and maybe a locker if theres enough funds.. i would just like to hear what yall like and just get some input. i've been jeeping for 10 years and know what i could do, i'd just like to hear from my fellow jeepers what works for them..This is a DD and I want safty and good handeling both on and off road. thanks for yalls input.. please no flaming or **** talking thanks

04GC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 03:17 AM   #2
gotjeep12
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hello I've been wheeling with open diffs for years. Just got a older Rubi. Boy do I use the front locker. This spring has been mud city and I havent even came close to getting stuck. With the locker off I have but when I turn it on, away we go.I'd say go with a locker first. If you regear just make sure the new locker will work with the gearing you want. Happy Wheeling
gotjeep12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
joe108
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I would at least have the tailgate fixed, if and when you go to sell it, it may make a difference to someone else who will beat you down on your price.
Whats left I would put into a set of tires.
joe108 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.