USPS delivered my control arms :( - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > USPS delivered my control arms :(

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 03-19-2014, 11:02 AM   #16
WNUNEZJR
1994 YJ Wrangler 

You better go raise hell at the usps office. Your profile says you live in Alaska Its a long ride out there but come on now. Those parts look used It might not be a big deal to some people but you paid for new parts.

WNUNEZJR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2014, 11:07 AM   #17
Problemjeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

That is totally the fault of the person who shipped it and and not the shipping service but UPS is very expensive to Alaska which is why I'm sure they used USPS but should have not skimped on flat rate box and packed in a more heavy duty box and make sure all bolts are bagged and taped to the arms even with a hole they won't fall out then. What brand of arms are they BTW ?
Problemjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #18
BruceM1964
2013 JK Wrangler 

The mail man just recently complained to me about the large packages that I've recently had delivered through them, my response to him was "I'll make sure to use UPS from now on, they don't have a problem at all." It left him speechless. I'm serious too, I will go out of my way to make sure a vendor does not use USPS, the sooner that over paid delivery boy is looking for a real job the better.
BruceM1964 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2014, 02:21 PM   #19
Tonellin
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'd be livid - that's a lot of your hard earned money there I'm sure.

I shipped a set of of control arms to a JF member a couple years back using USPS - they ended up getting to him in the exact same condition except 2 of the CA's were missing! It wasn't a problem with how they were packaged, it was the piss poor treatment by USPS. I ended up refunding a good chunk of the buyers money and then went after USPS for the remainder...they paid out after some back and forth

good luck
Unread 03-19-2014, 02:44 PM   #20
JeepWranglerNation

Post Deleted
JeepWranglerNation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2014, 03:49 PM   #21
Bangum

I paid over $2000 for the lift. All sent ups except these. These were only insured for $200.
Bangum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2014, 03:56 PM   #22
Tonellin
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Brutal man. Regardless you should not be shelling out any extra $$ to correct this situation. How did you buy the arms? Reach out to the seller and show the pictures - it's his responsibility to deal with USPS
Unread 03-19-2014, 04:49 PM   #23
Bangum

Usually anything sent from anywhere in the lower 48 arrives here in 2 days. anything from the Pacific NW in 24 hours. This box was mailed on the 27th of February and I got it yesterday. It wasn't in Alaska. Should of been here 2 days tops
Unread 03-19-2014, 04:53 PM   #24
Bangum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepWranglerNation View Post
Follow up:

@Bangum

Question; was this ordered from an official part warehouse or a private individual? there could be the reasoning why the package didn't survive..
It was ordered from a company with a good reputation. Postal service lost it. Seriously its their fault they should take care of it
Unread 03-19-2014, 06:50 PM   #25
JeepWranglerNation

Post Deleted
JeepWranglerNation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2014, 07:32 AM   #26
sweetbmxrider

Clearly the control arms weren't packaged correctly. They were thrown in the flat rate box and dumped at the post office. If the shipper took the time to properly secure the control arms in the box with packaging material, nothing would have happened. Did he have to fit them in there diagonally as well? You have no claim with usps and they will deny any claim you try to make. The shipper also insured for only $200? Again, poor effort on the shipper.
Unread 03-20-2014, 07:58 AM   #27
Bangum

Still haven't received a call or email in return but will wait a couple of more days. I know the man is busy.
Unread 03-20-2014, 10:39 AM   #28
WoodTwister
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Savvy

Those look like Savvy arms, but I could be wrong. I am sure Gerald will chime in ..
WoodTwister is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2014, 03:26 PM   #29
Bangum

There was a empty yellow envelope in the box with the top torn off. I figure the bolts were in it when it was shipped. The joints are fine just the aluminum is beat ul. Which isnt a big deal. They are go I ng to get beat anyways
Unread 03-20-2014, 04:53 PM   #30
Bangum

Problem has been taken care of.

Tags
damage , warranty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.