USPS delivered my control arms :( - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > USPS delivered my control arms :(

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-18-2014, 09:04 PM   #1
Bangum

USPS delivered my control arms :(

in sad shape I must say. Priority Mail 17 days. They are beat up, lost all the bolts except 2 and there is 1 loose nut. Pitiful outfit IMO. They claim they are broke. I can see why.

The beat up part is ok cause they will have some rakes and scapes shortly after they are installed. But to take a shipment worth a grand and lose it and then deliver it in this condition sucks. No excuse for it IMO

Bangum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2014, 09:08 PM   #2
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That sucks, that's a big pile of cash right there, hate to see it show up looking like that.
WKdeuce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2014, 09:10 PM   #3
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'd be raising hell and starting a riot.

If you've ever been in that traffic, you would have ground down the steering wheel with a death grip too. "Just ****ing GOOOOOO!!!!"[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Luuca;15713642]I pitty anyone who tries to reach into that netting unaware.[/QUOTE]
'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Agent620 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2014, 09:13 PM   #4
Bangum

I raised hell but they give you that sad eyed hound dog look. Like they are to damn dumb and have no clue what they have done wrong.
Unread 03-18-2014, 09:39 PM   #5
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

"Lost" would appear to be code for the truck crashed.

That's what insurance is for, hope your shipper purchased it. If not, I'd be asking them for replacement hardware, etc. since they neglected to insure the shipment (assuming you didn't somehow decline it on their website).

Good luck!

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2014, 09:52 PM   #6
geroux
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Postal! Good luck with your dealings with the USPS and vendor getting this settled.
geroux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2014, 12:05 AM   #7
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'd be furious. I'm kinda mad just thinking about it. The USPS are full of over paid, lazy, incompetent ****s. I'm not that old and I remember when they actually delivered mail to the door. Now they can't even get it in the correct box. Sorry....had to rant.

Definitely contact the vendor and USPS. If the vendor is cool, they'll work with you. Good luck with the post office.
Unread 03-19-2014, 12:11 AM   #8
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The USPS here wont even get out of their little mail Jeep if someone parks in front of the mail box. She didn't deliver a package for several days because I wasn't outside to get it and she was too lazy to bring it to the door because it wouldn't fit in my mail box.
ItsJustD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2014, 07:22 AM   #9
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Bring it up with the post manager.

If you've ever been in that traffic, you would have ground down the steering wheel with a death grip too. "Just ****ing GOOOOOO!!!!"[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Luuca;15713642]I pitty anyone who tries to reach into that netting unaware.[/QUOTE]
'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Agent620 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2014, 08:14 AM   #10
JeepWranglerNation

Post Deleted
JeepWranglerNation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2014, 09:04 AM   #11
Bangum

Im wishing now I would of went a different route all the way around
Unread 03-19-2014, 09:45 AM   #12
caronaxtr
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Had an issue with UPS, ordered a laptop from Dell, they delivered it to the wrong house (wrong town), I called asked where it was , they said shipped & signed for. They picked it up & shipped it to me. Idiots they delivered it to opened it up & tore through it. I contacted Dell & UPs & told them that it am declining the package. Dell shipped a new package out overnight. Haven't used UPS since.

Call & butch to both & they should make good.

Good luck.
caronaxtr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2014, 09:50 AM   #13
Adam013085

Don't lump all USPS and UPS people into one category. If I have the choice and am shipping goods I will use UPS 100% of the time, however my mail carrier is great and comes down my driveway and delivers packages to our door. My driveway is longer than most, probably a few hundred feet. I have had no gripes about UPS either though they deliver the package at the door step and I have not had any issues with them. Unfortunately stuff like this thread does happen but that is why I have insurance 100% of the time.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2014, 09:55 AM   #14
JeepinJeremy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Flat rate shipping is a joke and stuff like that should have never been shipped USPS. Not to mention the box they were shipped in was not meant to handle of of those parts. I would not only file a claim with USPS for the damaged parts but from the supplier you bought them from. If you really spent a grand on those, why skimp when it came to the shipping? Looks like improper packaging and I bet USPS will say the same. Once those thing start to open up USPS could care less what falls out. Contact the guy you bought them from. He would have been my first call not USPS or jeepforum.
JeepinJeremy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2014, 09:58 AM   #15
JeepWranglerNation

Post Deleted
JeepWranglerNation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
damage , warranty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.