Unique Jeep Accesories - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Unique Jeep Accesories

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Reply
Unread 02-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
QuakesD33
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Moorestown, New Jersey
Posts: 70
Unique Jeep Accesories

I live in a stereotyped "rich" town and all of the sudden everyone at my school are getting jeeps with 5 inch lifts and 35 muds and don't know how to ****ing use them! They never go offroading or mudding, they just have them to brag about to their friends and to look cool. I have an 01 TJ with no lift and 31 General Grabber AT2s, and I don't plan on getting a lift until I get enough money, because I'm not spoiled and get whatever I want like those other wannabes. Is there anything out there that doesn't cost too much and is unique looking? It Could be anything you put on your jeep, I need something to set my jeep apart from everyone elses.

QuakesD33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
dcope17
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,302
Yours is set apart... it has scrapes, dings and dirt all with smaller tires.
__________________
.

Life with Christ can be explained like a Jeep...
Being in the Word... grows your tire size.
Prayer... gains more ground clearance.
Fellowship... Is like having a good spotter.

The more of these you have... the easier it is to get over obstacles in your path.
.
.[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f194/dcope17s-thoughts-bible-please-read-only-do-not-post-1333441/#post13115090"]My Bible Thread[/URL]
dcope17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #3
k6usy
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fresno, California
Posts: 158
Could always go play in the mud and then don't clean your Jeep. This would set you apart for free. Or just drive around with no top all the time.
__________________
K6USY 73
All Your Base Are Belong To Us.
k6usy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #4
PlaneJob
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Dallas (Wylie), Texas
Posts: 267
Don't get into a competition about whose Jeep is better. Enjoy your toy/transportation.

Being popular in highschool is a very temporary thing. Eventually mommy will cut off the party funding and, if you have worked diligently, these same guys will come asking to work for you... happened to me
PlaneJob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #5
k6usy
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fresno, California
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneJob View Post
Don't get into a competition about whose Jeep is better. Enjoy your toy/transportation.

Being popular in highschool is a very temporary thing. Eventually mommy will cut off the party funding and, if you have worked diligently, these same guys will come asking to work for you... happened to me
+1

I had to hack the online grading system and get expelled to become popular; not worth it.
__________________
K6USY 73
All Your Base Are Belong To Us.
k6usy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #6
blaserman33
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 197
I know that when I drove my black Bronco to school with a new weekend mud paint job, it got a lot more attention than a pretty truck. Plus you end up with a mud outlined parking spot that everyone knows is yours!

But if you do decide on the mud, make sure you do the proper prep and maintenance that is needed to play in the mud! I know from experience what a broken axle vent tube and a weekend in the mud can do to your differentials.
blaserman33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #7
QuakesD33
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Moorestown, New Jersey
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaserman33 View Post
I know that when I drove my black Bronco to school with a new weekend mud paint job, it got a lot more attention than a pretty truck. Plus you end up with a mud outlined parking spot that everyone knows is yours!

But if you do decide on the mud, make sure you do the proper prep and maintenance that is needed to play in the mud! I know from experience what a broken axle vent tube and a weekend in the mud can do to your differentials.
I go offroading every weekend with my buddies and coming back with a mud-caked jeep is a badge of honor offtopic-just found this on amazon, thinking about putting it on the side of my TJ, yay or nay?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0064BHXX6/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0040ULMM6&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=182WHC6XTCKGVKA4DE1J
QuakesD33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #8
vanek11
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lockport, NY
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakesD33 View Post
I go offroading every weekend with my buddies and coming back with a mud-caked jeep is a badge of honor offtopic-just found this on amazon, thinking about putting it on the side of my TJ, yay or nay?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...6XTCKGVKA4DE1J
I like it, would look good with your color too. And for $5 you cant go wrong. Buy 2 and put one on each side in front of door on lower fender.
vanek11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #9
jeepinjeffrey
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 40°14′39.92″N 111°39′38.89″W
Posts: 2,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakesD33 View Post
I live in a stereotyped "rich" town and all of the sudden everyone at my school are getting jeeps with 5 inch lifts and 35 muds and don't know how to ****ing use them! They never go offroading or mudding, they just have them to brag about to their friends and to look cool. I have an 01 TJ with no lift and 31 General Grabber AT2s, and I don't plan on getting a lift until I get enough money, because I'm not spoiled and get whatever I want like those other wannabes. Is there anything out there that doesn't cost too much and is unique looking? It Could be anything you put on your jeep, I need something to set my jeep apart from everyone elses.
You can get your self a budget spring spacer lift that will cost around$50-$60 and then you can install it its not hard and fun thats what I did in high school. I also make my own vinyl decals so I made one for across my windshield and here are some other funny ones I made for my friends jeep.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f130/...ecals-1322523/
__________________
2003 Wrangler Sport
4.5 Rubicon Express Lift|33" BFG KM2s|Ion Alloy 174|And never ending wish list!
jeepinjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #10
irocz3489
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Clinton Corners, NY
Posts: 181
Quakes, I know a bunch of guys from your town that are my age (22-23) that still get allowances from their parents haha. It's unbelievable some of the cars and toys your town has. But like these other guys are saying a mud covered Jeep will set you apart from the other guys plenty so enjoy your wheeling and upgrade when you have the proper funds.

Whenever I'm down there visiting my friend, I always head to the Pine Barrens. Last time I was there I sunk the Jeep to the bottom of the headlights and destroyed my clutch. Those puddles can be very deceiving. Although I did get pulled out by a 17 year old kid in his Dad's SVT Raptor so that was fun lol.
irocz3489 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #11
bddisi
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cleveland TN.
Posts: 905
There are a lot of good mods in this thread that are free to very inexpensive.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/i-...f-here-385553/
__________________
[url]http://www.toms4x4superstore.com/[/url]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/not-build-thread-828965/index35.html[/url]
bddisi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #12
ChaseB
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 1,598
Lunchbox locker up front maybe? Total sleeper rig, crawl over **** with your 31s that their mallcrawlers get hung up on lol
__________________
[B]1984 CJ-7[/B] Renegade
[B]2005 TJ X [/B](daily driver)
ChaseB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #13
Rubikahn
Senior Member
 
Rubikahn's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ma.
Posts: 868
Get a Built not Bought sticker... then cover it in mud.
__________________
OME ZJ/LJ lift, 33" MT MTZ on AR-23 wheels, front and rear JKS trackbars, 1" seat risers, MORE 1" BL and MML, factory Ipod adapter. Light khaki jeep club #72
Rubikahn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #14
QuakesD33
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Moorestown, New Jersey
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by irocz3489 View Post
Quakes, I know a bunch of guys from your town that are my age (22-23) that still get allowances from their parents haha. It's unbelievable some of the cars and toys your town has. But like these other guys are saying a mud covered Jeep will set you apart from the other guys plenty so enjoy your wheeling and upgrade when you have the proper funds.

Whenever I'm down there visiting my friend, I always head to the Pine Barrens. Last time I was there I sunk the Jeep to the bottom of the headlights and destroyed my clutch. Those puddles can be very deceiving. Although I did get pulled out by a 17 year old kid in his Dad's SVT Raptor so that was fun lol.
Haha its ridiculous man, all of these juniors and seniors are getting mercedes, beamers, etc and they didn't do **** to earn them, they are just spoiled brats. I got my TJ for my birthday but that's because I have a good chance of getting a scholarship for football so that kind of pays for the car while im at college. I love offroading at the pine barrens, I go every weekend with my friends and we always have a good time messing around in the mud.
QuakesD33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #15
Hollingsheadj
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: , Alberta
Posts: 122
Ban this clown ^

Dont need to see a plug for your overhead rack on every thread.
Hollingsheadj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.