Uconnect phone compatibility - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Uconnect phone compatibility

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 03-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #1
idencustom
2013 JK Wrangler 

Uconnect phone compatibility

I've been looking at the phone compatibility list on UConnect's site. Those phones look like ancient. Flip phones... slider phones... but my samsung s3 and galaxy note are not compatible.

I called customer service and they said that it's not up to them.... it's up to the phone manufacturer..

... so only phones from 5 years ago won't (completely) with uconnect... but a phone from 2 years ago does not???

idencustom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

my galaxy note 2 works fine with it places calls reads incoming text messages

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
idencustom
2013 JK Wrangler 

Can you compose a text using uconnect with the note 2? That's the part that's missing. It's great that I don't have to touch my phone to hear the text messages or respond to calls... but I'm not able to respond to text messages.
Unread 03-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by idencustom View Post
Can you compose a text using uconnect with the note 2? That's the part that's missing. It's great that I don't have to touch my phone to hear the text messages or respond to calls... but I'm not able to respond to text messages.
never tried by she asks me if I would like to reply.

Thought of the day
Unread 03-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #5
rtasrayne
2013 JK Wrangler 

Galaxy Note 2

How did you get your Note to read the text msgs? I have the S3 and it reads fine (does not send), but my new Note keeps telling me I have no text msgs right after I've heard one come in. Is there a setting I'm missing?
rtasrayne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #6
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtasrayne View Post
How did you get your Note to read the text msgs? I have the S3 and it reads fine (does not send), but my new Note keeps telling me I have no text msgs right after I've heard one come in. Is there a setting I'm missing?
no setting that I know of sh just chimes in saying "new message received would you like to read it" I say yes and she rambles on

Thought of the day
Unread 03-30-2013, 01:42 PM   #7
rtasrayne
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'll try pairing again - maybe that will help. Thanks.
Unread 04-12-2013, 06:47 AM   #8
Jeepin It
2012 JK Wrangler 

Does this work with the iphone5?
2004 TJ Sahara
RIP
1992 YJ Renegade.
Jeepin It is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #9
idencustom
2013 JK Wrangler 

No.
Unread 04-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #10
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

That's because the hardware they put in the radios hasn't really changed in the last 6 years. I'm not sure which radio you have, but I've got the 730N in my '12 and other than some minor software tweaks, it's practically the exact same hardware from the RER unit produced in 2006 and 2007.

So yeah, I basically paid $1,800 for a POS navigation system that's already 6 years old and wasn't even impressive by 2007 standards.

Chrysler is almost like Apple: selling you yesterday's technology at tomorrow's prices. Unfortunately, the only solution is to go aftermarket.
Unread 04-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #11
rtasrayne
2013 JK Wrangler 

The iphone will make and receive calls ... just not texts. My husband has the 4S and it works just fine.
Unread 04-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #12
guntruck

UConnect Pairing

Here is my experience as told to Chrysler in a recent letter:

XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

March 27, 2013

Chrysler Customer Care
P.O. Box 21-8004
Auburn Hills MI 48321

RE: Perplexed and Unhappy 2013 Jeep Wrangler
Unlimited Sahara Owner

Yesterday I took delivery of a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara from Farrish Chrysler Jeep in Fairfax, Virginia (VIN XXXXXXXXXXXXX). My experience with the dealership was great from start to finish……..that is not why I’m writing.

One of the items I purchased was Uconnect® because hands-free access to my mobile phone is very important to me. By way of background and comparison my first experience with Bluetooth enabled hands-free access to my mobile phone was when I purchased a new 2013 Honda CRV a few months ago.

The experience with setting up the hands-free feature in our Honda was easy and our use of the service in the 6-month or so that we have had the vehicle has been seamless and flawless. Unfortunately I cannot say the same with my experience so far with my new Jeep.

The very first feature that I tried to set-up in my new Jeep was the hands-free mobile phone connectivity with my Apple iPhone 4 (you’ve heard of the Apple iPhone right?). After repeated failed attempts to pair my phone with my new Jeep I finally had to seek advice from customer support at Uconnect® …………what I found out was very troubling indeed. Apparently the version of the operating system on my phone was “too current” and the software engineers had not yet tested it for compatibility with the Uconnect® system and therefore I would not be able to pair my phone with my just purchased, brand new, 2013 Jeep. I was told that the phone manufacturers were changing their operating systems frequently and the inference was that the software engineers at Uconnect® were having a hard keeping up…….how is that my problem and how is it that Honda seems to have no difficulty. And the kicker……..no idea when the issue might be resolved. Best advice; just keep checking back with the website………..really? Yes, really.

WHAT! Frankly I don’t know what to say………………after all my iPhone is not some off-brand phone system with an obscure operating system that no one has ever heard of…………and the problem is not that my system is old but rather too new, WHAT! Are you kidding me! In this day and age how is it even possible that you would sell a product like this! And remember my point of comparison is not some theoretical standard………I’m comparing it to one of your competitors products and the user experience could not have been more different………how embarrassing for Chrysler and Jeep!

And of course for me the issue isn’t just that I purchased something that I can’t use, that was sold as one thing but is actually something else, or that this first experience has clouded my whole perception of my new Jeep purchase and the company that makes it, no, my issue is a more practical one; I live in an area where many jurisdictions requires hands-free use of mobile phones in vehicles.

Frankly I just don’t know what to say, here I sit with a brand new car with a hands-free product sold by the manufacturer that is useless to me and no idea when or if it will ever work, unbelievable! And please don’t just send me a form letter saying that you are SORRY and you’re working very hard to resolve the issue, that would just be adding insult to injury.

THERE SHOULDN’T BE AN ISSUE AND I SHOULDN’T HAVE TO WASTE MY TIME WRITING THIS LETTER!

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXX

I got a call today from Chrysler........resolution, sorry nothing we can do about it, but we are really sorry. BTW I love the truck.......waited 6 months to get the Dune Color, swapped out the 18" rims that came with the Sahara for 17" Mojave's.
guntruck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.