U pol raptor question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > U pol raptor question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 04-05-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
Wrangler_91
1998 TJ Wrangler 

U pol raptor question

I am wanting to put some bed liner down this summer. I really like the U pol raptor from all write ups and reviews I have read. I would rather not do the Herculiner because it is softer and would get scratched. Anyways my dad has 2 problems with the U pol raptor. 1. He is afraid of overspray getting on stuff. I like in a suburb and don't really have anyplace else to do it at. 2nd. He doesn't think that the spray version is safe because its an epoxy type mix and that stuff can get in your lungs and all. I looked at the materials/safety sheet and sure enough it does say you need to use an external air source.

So my question is, can I roll the U pol raptor on and still get a good finish? Anybody know of any write ups or pictures of the u pol rolled on?

Also, would it be realistic to get a sandblaster and sandblast the tub to prep instead of sanding?

Wrangler_91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2009, 09:17 PM   #2
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Your dad sounds like the idiots that make laws in California.

It's basically just really thick spray paint. It even smells the same. Wear a respirator if you're that concerned and spray it outside in the open.

I'd guess it's safer than spray paint because it comes out in relatively large globs, not a really fine mist that is easily airborn.

I'm guessing you've read my review/how-to on the subject(if not search for it), but I did it about 4 feet from my dad's white full-size van and didn't spray it at all. You do however need to mask anything in the general area you don't want it on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.