trying to buy an 06 Rubicon - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > trying to buy an 06 Rubicon

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap SkidRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
jlaudio_jeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

trying to buy an 06 Rubicon

I filled out the credit app and gave them the information on my trade ins. Hopefully all goes well and I am driving my new Rubicon home on Saturday night. I will be trading in my 2000 Jeep Wrangler SE and a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica all wheel drive. I have a good credit rating but for some reason I have trouble getting approved for auto loans. I think the fact that I am trading in two vehicles and only buying one is going to help me get approved. This Jeep has 35,000 miles and it's a six speed manual. It's white with dark gray interior. The positive side to this is that it already has the bumper I wanted to buy for my current Jeep so I won't have to do that mod.

jlaudio_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
jlaudio_jeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I would add pictures but this site won't allow pictures that big. I don't know how to make them smaller so I can post them.
Unread 06-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Microsoft Office Picture Manager is the easiest way to resize pictures, and any computer with Microsoft Office should have it...

Good luck, and congrats!

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #4
jlaudio_jeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm using a cell phone so I guess no pictures.
Unread 06-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #5
samiam2714
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Good Luck!!! I hope all goes well for you. It sounds like the almost exactly trade I made to get mine I have terrible credit and only traded in one vehicle. So its gotta happen for you.

Tag: The TJ Rubicon

My XJ build thread NO longer updated
samiam2714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #6
jlaudio_jeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have a 680 and a 618 I'm not sure what my third credit score is but I was turned down for two auto loans before this a few months ago. They were for about five thousand dollars more and I was only trading in one of my cars so maybe this way I can get what I want.
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:44 PM   #7
Empir3x
2005 TJ Wrangler 

thats not a good score fyi. But....... with those two trade in's you should be good because the loan value should be very low. Good luck!!!
Empir3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #8
Adam013085

Do you still owe on either vehicle? If not why not sell one outright and trade the other in? You could have a few k more if done this way. Alternatively you could sell both vehicles and probably finance a fairly small amount, although with that you risk going jeepless or carless... Also they do not only look at your credit score. Your debt to income ratio has a lot to do with it too. Most places I checked stay between 45-55% which is too much IMO.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #9
jlaudio_jeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I work at a dealership.
This is how we rate credit

400s bad
500s poor
600s good
700s excellent
800s perfect
Unread 06-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #10
Adam013085

plus debt to income ratio....
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #11
jlaudio_jeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I pay 560 a month for my debt. 400 is for my two car loans. So I will be at 160 + bills without them. I owe on them but not too much. I should have a little extra to use towards the jeep as a down payment after they are paid for.
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #12
joe108
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Sell your cars on your own, the dealer is there to give you as little as possible for your trade-in(s) and get you to pay as much as possible on the vehicle your getting, that's just the way it works.
Don't be in a rush to get what ever is on the dealer lot, there will be more vehicles that match your needs/desires.
joe108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #13
jlaudio_jeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe108 View Post
Sell your cars on your own, the dealer is there to give you as little as possible for your trade-in(s) and get you to pay as much as possible on the vehicle your getting, that's just the way it works.
Don't be in a rush to get what ever is on the dealer lot, there will be more vehicles that match your needs/desires.
I work at a dealer so I know. I'm trying to sell them now but I also know how to get a decent deal out of them.
Unread 06-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #14
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Your credit scores aren't good and I'm not surprised that you've had a hard time getting a loan. Do yourself a favor and sell one car and get your loans paid off, then save up for a nice downpayment or better yet pay cash. Paying interest sucks when you could instead keep that money for yourself.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.