trailers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > trailers

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
y87j
1987 YJ Wrangler 

trailers

Hey guys looking into getting a trailer and wanna see what everyones been using to tow their jeeps... info.pictures. let's see it all jeepers

y87j is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
scubamc
1991 YJ Wrangler 

No pics. Performance 18' steel deck with dovetail.
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #3
LaddieHanus
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I now flat tow my jeeps but I had been using a car hauler with a wooden deck for a number of years. Storing the trailer usually required getting a bigger camping space then I needed but it did make for a nice rear deck for the camper.
aut_0066.jpg  

97 TJ Sahara
89 YJ
2000 Dodge/Cummins Lance Camper
2004 GC Limited (Wife Jeep)
LaddieHanus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
y87j
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Whats a good with size...I just run 33x12.50 tires... what width should I like at?
Unread 01-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #5
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

This one.

And this one.
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #6
LaddieHanus
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I bought the trailer about 12 years and I dont remember width being an option but I run 31x10.5 on my TJ and I have about 6-8 inches between the wheel on the jeep and the side of the trailer on each side. The grand cherokee shown has 1 board between the tire and the edge of the trailer and I think they are 8 inch boards.

97 TJ Sahara
89 YJ
2000 Dodge/Cummins Lance Camper
2004 GC Limited (Wife Jeep)
LaddieHanus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #7
y87j
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I was wondering if on width 75inchs would be to small... and it be classified as illegal with my jeep
Unread 01-18-2012, 05:46 AM   #8
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by y87j View Post
Hey guys looking into getting a trailer and wanna see what everyones been using to tow their jeeps... info.pictures. let's see it all jeepers
There's more answers to this request than there are letters in your post. Go to a few trailer lots and look around. I'd say that I've seen rigs loaded on every example of a trailer you'll find that is big enough to fit a rig on. I've seen a bunch loaded on trailers that weren't even really big enough for the job.

You've got to narrow down the search. Bumper hitch? Goose neck? Open? Enclosed? Flat bed? Rails? Dedicated rig hauler? Multi-use utility? Single rig only? More than one rig? I've got one friend that has a pop-up camper sitting across the front of his trailer and his rig sits behind it. Another friend has a pickup type camper on the front of his trailer. Another friend hauls two full sized rigs on his goose neck. At a local event a fellow showed up with an 18 wheeler with three full size rigs and a couple of ATVs on a flat bed. What is it going to be towed with?

Any of us could throw out examples of what we use, but would any of them work for you? Who knows?
Unread 01-18-2012, 06:06 AM   #9
y87j
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I would like to possiblle have a two car trailer but a one car would be fine.. I would like and open a flat bed trailer with dual axles ...I would be towing it with an f 250 diessle
Unread 01-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #10
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

To haul two rigs, I'd be looking at goose neck trailers. Two full size rigs + a suitable trailer is at the upper limit (and probably above) of what I'd tow with an F250. For that kind of load, I'd want at least an F350 in front. I've seen it done with an F250 but I wouldn't feel comfortable towing that load.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.