Trailer Hitch with 6" lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Trailer Hitch with 6" lift

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
85CJ-7

Trailer Hitch with 6" lift

I have a 2003 TJ with 33" tires and 6" total lift. I am needing a hitch. Should i get one with a 6" drop for the lift, or a 8" drop to include the 2" oversized tires?

85CJ-7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
Shadownwpa

1991 YJ Wrangler 

that depends on the height of the coupler on the trailer you intend to pull... and by total lift are you including body lift? if so - don't.
Shadownwpa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #3
85CJ-7

Okay I am planning on just pulling a Uhaul trailer. And the 6" lift includes a 2" body lift + 4" Suspension lift
85CJ-7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #4
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Uhaul can be a PITA when you bringa Jeep in for towing anything they have. most will want at least a hard top.
Unread 07-08-2013, 11:48 PM   #5
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Depends on the trailer height and if it's a frame mounted hitch receiver or bumper integrated hitch. This is 33" tires, 2.5" lift, bumper receiver and 10" drop.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #6
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'd get the hitch with the 8" drop. Here's my hitch with an 8" drop mounted to my integrated bumper receiver. I have a RE 4.5" lift and 35" MTRs. Worked perfect with the UHaul.

BYuen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #7
Shadownwpa

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Not sure... but I don't think all uhaul trailers have the same tongue height, in much the same way as most jeeps are not the same and no two lift kits are the same. I suggest you get a tape measure and go do the math.
Shadownwpa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 12:55 PM   #8
ToplessAllDay
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Okay thanks a lot! Those pics help. I will have to contact uhaul to see if they will allow me to pull with a soft top
ToplessAllDay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #9
Maverickxeo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I have a frame mounted hitch; and I have an adjustable hitch ball; so I can adjust it quite a bit; and it wasnt too much money over a regular hitch setup.
Maverickxeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.