trade or wait for diesel? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > trade or wait for diesel?

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Get DBA Brake Rotors From ExtremeTerrain.com!Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 08-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #16
kittenmittens

2005 TJ Wrangler 

thats what im doing. keeping my jk until 2018...unless next gen sucks but i doubt it

kittenmittens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #17
joe108
2003 TJ Wrangler 

"Trade-in" is a nasty word to me. What ever your choice is, sell it yourself and avoid taking it in the shorts from the dealer. They are there to make as much money on trades as possible. Yes it's easy just to give it to them in trade, but like in life, anything that's worthwhile require$ work.
joe108 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 07:06 AM   #18
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

They make a vw engine swap kit that is similar to what u see for the hemis and LS series. They it has everything u need except for the engine. Ud hafta googlr it bc i forgot what conpany offers it

Sent from my GT-N7000 using JeepForum
www.annirlane.blogspot.com
October 2013 JK of the month
My Slowly but surely JK build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...hread-1562595/
zjilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #19
deftones07
2011 JK Wrangler 

Thats very interesting. Never heard of the VW. TDI out of the Toureg im guessing.

Thing that worries me about the 4bt is emissions here in ontario, unsure how that would be.

Anyways for the hit id take on a trade in, i can easily do the LS swap for way cheaper and would be much happier! Plus i still have my warranty until my financing is up, last thing i want to do is buy a new vechicle again. lol

The old 3.8 has never let me down, have 100 k on it and never had a problem, no oil burning nothing. To be honest im not a fan on aluminum block engines, even though it seems thats how everythings starting to go. Aluminum block = more expensive to fix and if it ever over heats and warps, well then its instantley scrap.
deftones07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 05:09 AM   #20
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deftones07 View Post
... To be honest im not a fan on aluminum block engines, even though it seems thats how everythings starting to go. Aluminum block = more expensive to fix and if it ever over heats and warps, well then its instantley scrap.
They can be pretty good if not abused. My wife's Mercedes (hypereutectic aluminum, no sleeves) has well over 300,000 miles.

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #21
deftones07
2011 JK Wrangler 

wrangler refresh in 2015 -2016. The diesel is comming for everyone that believes it wont.
deftones07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.