Toyota SAS or Jeep? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Toyota SAS or Jeep?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 03-03-2014, 09:09 AM   #16
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
Most modern "JDM" cars are actually designed, manufactured, and assembled here in the states by foreigners ... I.E. Toyota Tundra and Toyota Tacoma.
Fixed it for ya.

JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 09:22 AM   #17
Lenny7
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 715racing View Post
^^^^ Some of us are Patriots, some aren't.
Kind of watering down the term Patriots. Kind of like when Justin Bieber calls himself an artist.
Lenny7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 10:59 AM   #18
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBTJ View Post
Fixed it for ya.
Actually Toyota employs more Americans than GM, Ford, or Fiat/Chrysler does. Designed here, built here, sold here.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 03:38 PM   #19
715racing
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Actually Toyota employs more Americans than GM, Ford, or Fiat/Chrysler does. Designed here, built here, sold here.
That is 100% BULL$HIT! GM employs about 77,000 Americans, Ford about 65,000 and Chrysler/Fiat about 39,000.

toyota employs about 30,000, honda 26,000 and nissan 10,000.

You jap defenders that feel you have to defend your Traitorous actions look more and more stupid every day.
Unread 03-03-2014, 03:51 PM   #20
Mlarv
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Most modern "JDM" cars are actually designed, manufactured, and assembled here in the states... I.E. Toyota Tundra and Toyota Tacoma.
Any Toyota's VIN that starts with a "J" is built in Japan. I just bought my first foreign car ever and it is a 2007 FJ Curiser, (all FJ cruisers are built in Japan). I replaced an 2003 Escape with 255,000 + miles on it and still going strong. I leased my wife a 2014 JKU in Nov and she loves it. I had a 1996 ZJ and it had it's moments with only 195,000 miles on it so I got rid of it. I dropped down to 1 vehicle for me and 1 for the wife. Along with my toy that is only driven in the summer on clear days.
Unread 03-04-2014, 11:45 AM   #21
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

A 5 minute video just walking around and starting a vehicle makes me suspicions. The frame, drive line, suspension and who know what else has to have been altered to use a 350 and a solid axle swap. Unless I was very mechanically competent I wouldn’t want that Toyota. Toyota has a great reputation, so does the Chevy 350, but that doesn't mean that they are set up right.

I have a wrangler and I like it, I also have a 4Runner that I like much much better than the Grand I had.

The two vehicles you mention are not comparable.

What is it that you are wanting the vehicle for?

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2014, 11:58 AM   #22
Tonellin
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshw301 View Post
The best car to date has been the Toyota echo, straight from Japan. Only replaced consumables at 200k+ and it gets 40mpg.
That's seriously impressive, thing is I rarely see (notice?) echos near me..everyone is infatuated with teh damn prius...

I'm always looking for beater DD cars that get great mileage so I don't have to put needless miles on my jeep, the echo just jumped towards the top of the list

It will have to wait til the '95 camry with 200,000 and 30+mpg that I got for $700 craps the bed though
Unread 03-05-2014, 07:51 AM   #23
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep. Nuff said

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.