Too many miles on an Unlimited to purchase? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Too many miles on an Unlimited to purchase?

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-11-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
mweber01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Too many miles on an Unlimited to purchase?

Ill make this short. Im looking for a 2007+ unlimited, preferably white. Found one locally on craigslist, its a 2007 unlimited sahara, white, 80k miles, both tops, 4" RC lift, 35" tires on 20" rims, performance exhaust, and is in overall very good shape. Dude is asking 20,500... Whats a fair price? KBB says with some of those specs and mileage, $18,600 - $19,100. Thoughts? worth the buy or pass? Thanks for the opinions!

mweber01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 05:19 AM   #2
Wavedatya
2010 JK Wrangler 

Age and mileage should be a consideration.

It may look clean but it's 5+ years old now. Things get tired and worn. Especially using big tires and lifts. The jeep may have been just a city driver and clean. That helps a little.

I have a 2010 JKU Sahara and I paid 23000 bone stock with two tops. It had 80000 kilometers though not miles. I also based it on how clean it was and it had never been off road. You can tell unless they guy is REALLY good with a power washer and spent two days cleaning it.

On the same token if you planned on doing stuff to it the work is already done for you and you have the chance of buying a vehicle with that stuff almost free.

2007 in my area tend to be around 15000-19000. 19000 being mint. I paid only 3000 more and got a vehicle 3 years younger.

As a vehicle mod enthusiast it sucks when selling a vehicle mods are really not considered to dealers as trade in or even in the private sale market. Sounds like that price is fair with the mods. He's trying to get some of it back but not all so that's good. Some guys expect all the money they spent back plus some.

People with jeeps tend to be in love with there vehicles so chances are it was well taken care of.

Good luck. And don't be shy to bargain. Offer 18700 and go from there

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
OF4WD member #7523. Durham 4x4 member.
Wavedatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 05:27 AM   #3
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

Tough spot. I paid 23,400 for my 2012 JKU Sport brand new...
It would have to be in REALLY good condition. I would also be looking at that RC lift pretty closely, have heard that their springs soften up pretty bad.

If you can bring it up to snuff for 5k to 7k, then you're breaking even with purchasing a new Jeep.

Like already stated, mods really aren't worth a whole lot except to the right person... One good reason to buy a Rubicon if you're planning on just turning around and selling it later.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2007 , jk , unlimited , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.