TJ vs JK! - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > TJ vs JK!

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #121
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yes let's please not bring age into this, you could be 40 years old and new to the hobby and sound stupid. Would a 80 year old wheeler with 20 years experience say "oh you sound like a typical 40 year old who doesn't know their ****"?

Jeeper69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #122
spedly
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
also i may be 17 but i know my ****. bringing in age to an argument just makes you look like you really know your stuff man

edit: and yes i have been near and wheeled inside jk's... heavily modded, to stock, to slightly modded. so i have seen it all. and that is where i am drawing my conclusions. not from reading stuff online, not from assuming things, i actually know it.

and the baby thing body panels... my tj hit the same tree as a jk did on a trail... my rig had a scratch, the jk had a full on dent.
My experience comes from owning 2 short arm tj's with 3.5"s of lift on 35's and a short arm JK on 3"s of lift and 35's.

The width of the JK has never been a problem, however it has helped on several occasions. The flatter belly of the JK slides over stuff easier. The slightly longer control arms really do help the tire climb rather then push under the jeep.

Who cares if it dents easier? If I was worried about keeping it in pristine condition I wouldn't be out wheeling it.

Now the TJ is cheaper to modify and definitely feels a little more "connected" when on the trail. I wouldn't trade my JK for another TJ though.
Unread 11-28-2011, 05:12 PM   #123
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper69 View Post
Yes let's please not bring age into this, you could be 40 years old and new to the hobby and sound stupid. Would a 80 year old wheeler with 20 years experience say "oh you sound like a typical 40 year old who doesn't know their ****"?
Well it's common knowledge throughout history most teenagers know everything....just look in the mirror and ask one.

Don't worry in 20 years you will be saying the same thing to some 17yo.....you just won't remember when you were 17.
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2011, 06:37 PM   #124
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wushaw View Post
Well it's common knowledge throughout history most teenagers know everything....just look in the mirror and ask one.

Don't worry in 20 years you will be saying the same thing to some 17yo.....you just won't remember when you were 17.
Wrong.
Unread 11-28-2011, 07:41 PM   #125
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Wrong.
See you just proved it.
Unread 11-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #126
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wushaw View Post
See you just proved it.
No. I'm saying you're wrong that all teenagers think they know everything, that's a generalization that's not true. I don't mind you stating it as an opinion, but don't state it as fact. Don't argue against this there's no point and it's off topic.
Unread 11-28-2011, 08:04 PM   #127
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Double post
Unread 11-28-2011, 08:06 PM   #128
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

We (the older folks) didn't say we have seen it all....But your starting to understand.
Unread 11-28-2011, 10:58 PM   #129
JKRolling
2010 JK Wrangler 

Seriously, why did goober restart a year old thread that sucked from the get go? Each wrangler model has it's strengths and weaknesses. I've owned all three generations of wranglers, and my favorite is the JK. But that's my opinion, it's not based on out of the box capability. All three are pretty even in stock trim, with the YJs being the exception. Seriously, what was Chrysler thinking with such low ground clearance? I mean, why do we mod jeeps in the first place? To correct weaknesses and increase capability. So get busy building up your rig, and stfu.
JKRolling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2011, 11:26 PM   #130
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

X2
Unread 11-29-2011, 12:34 AM   #131
trw
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKRolling View Post
Seriously, why did goober restart a year old thread that sucked from the get go? Each wrangler model has it's strengths and weaknesses. I've owned all three generations of wranglers, and my favorite is the JK. But that's my opinion, it's not based on out of the box capability. All three are pretty even in stock trim, with the YJs being the exception. Seriously, what was Chrysler thinking with such low ground clearance? I mean, why do we mod jeeps in the first place? To correct weaknesses and increase capability. So get busy building up your rig, and stfu.
I just wanted to make one quick correction, AMC was responsible for the YJ, not Chrysler, kthanxbye
1978 Jeep CJ-7 - 304 V8, TH400 auto and quadratrac
2007 Jeep Liberty - Mother's Jeep, BFG ATs and....mud?
trw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 01:13 AM   #132
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trw View Post
I just wanted to make one quick correction, AMC was responsible for the YJ, not Chrysler, kthanxbye
AND for the beloved 4.0 liter inline 6
Unread 11-29-2011, 01:25 AM   #133
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKRolling View Post
http://youtu.be/VeNxh5t5dHg
Unread 11-29-2011, 01:35 AM   #134
JKRolling
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
LMAO
JKRolling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:43 AM   #135
wesh07
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJandMe View Post
The JK motor is lighter, more powerful, more fuel efficient, and more reliable than the 4.0L. Come on guys! I know we all like to be loyal to our long time I6 but there is no point in trashing a quality Mopar product because we can't afford a JK yet!
Have fun towing without the i6.
wesh07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.