TJ vs JK! - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > TJ vs JK!

Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippi

Unread 11-12-2011, 12:02 PM   #91
nugattack
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I own a 99 jeep tj and i like newer jeeps its just that jk is a newer vehicle so its going to be more fuel efficient
and overall better its newer. That's like going back to 1997 and comparing tjs to cjs lol.

nugattack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2011, 06:27 AM   #92
spedly
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon282 View Post
i looked at a jk at the dealer and i told the man tryingt o sale it to me i would never own one cuase i like my tj .a jeep shouldnt have a in dash nav system,power wondows and locks ,and all that other stuff.jeeps are to be basic and fun no frills
You do know you can buy a JK without all that stuff right?

Having owned multiple TJ's and now a JK I will say the JK is a much better platform to build off of for a moderate offroader.

The drivetrain is tucked up higher so you don't have the shovel hanging down, the transfercase has a fixed output, the factory control arms are up to 6"s longer and much beefier, the added width makes them much more stable and you can run full width axles and still be legal, the bigger wheel openings let you run less lift which results in flatter angles for the control arms so you get less jacking and the axle doesn't push under the jeep wen trying to climb. All that and you get better axles on top of it. I guess you could argue the axle housings bend, but I've never seen anyone swap a TJ axle into a JK because it is stronger.
Unread 11-23-2011, 03:33 PM   #93
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spedly View Post
You do know you can buy a JK without all that stuff right?

Having owned multiple TJ's and now a JK I will say the JK is a much better platform to build off of for a moderate offroader.

The drivetrain is tucked up higher so you don't have the shovel hanging down, the transfercase has a fixed output, the factory control arms are up to 6"s longer and much beefier, the added width makes them much more stable and you can run full width axles and still be legal, the bigger wheel openings let you run less lift which results in flatter angles for the control arms so you get less jacking and the axle doesn't push under the jeep wen trying to climb. All that and you get better axles on top of it. I guess you could argue the axle housings bend, but I've never seen anyone swap a TJ axle into a JK because it is stronger.
wanna give me one? lol, o well, I guess when I'm of age to buy and afford a new wrangler it will be of the new Wrangler platforms and even better than the JK!! Boom sucka.

The Jeep president said he won't add a truck based wrangler to the JK model line because it's too late into production, he said he will start it with the 2014/2015 wranglers, hopefully he makes the grilles like the TJ grilles, I like the shape and direction of them better, and the truck handles!
Jeeper69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2011, 11:02 AM   #94
Canadian-Bear
2011 JK Wrangler 

After skimming through countless pages of opinions, unfortunately, as it seems to be the norm when "JK" is part of the topic header, did the OP get any actual advice about what he was seeking?

/l ,[____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
Canadian-Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2011, 06:04 PM   #95
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian-Bear View Post
After skimming through countless pages of opinions, unfortunately, as it seems to be the norm when "JK" is part of the topic header, did the OP get any actual advice about what he was seeking?
The OP purpose was to troll and bash tjs.
Unread 11-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #96
Canadian-Bear
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper69 View Post
The OP purpose was to troll and bash tjs.

That is unfortunate. As much as I have read about the dislike of the JK, especially here at JeepForum, threads like this are unnecessary.

/l ,[____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
Canadian-Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2011, 02:59 PM   #97
SkylarM
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I like both. They are just different beasts. If I had the $$ I'd be in a JK for sure. I wouldn't mind a leather wrapped steering wheel and a GPS that doesn't fall off my windshield when there is too much dust in the suction cup mount. Anything you don't like you can just pull out. It's still a Jeep dudes. Quit bashing on eachother and let's bash some Hondas or something.
SkylarM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2011, 03:15 PM   #98
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

the only thing good that comes out of the jk is the rubi jk 44 axles... everything else on that jeep blows. all my friends who have jk's are breaking just as much as the xj's on the trail. also have any of you jk owners ever payed any attention to how low that chassis hangs??? that thing is on the ground... yeah it comes almost flat from the factory but that is worthless because the chassis is f'in scrapin the ground. and if you get 4 doors... my oh my you have a great break over angle

also if you buy a jeep... you obviously do not buy the thing for the best ride, great road manners, or ride comfort. thats just not what a jeep is. jk's are made for comfort not for performance in any way.

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2011, 09:50 PM   #99
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post
the only thing good that comes out of the jk is the rubi jk 44 axles... everything else on that jeep blows. all my friends who have jk's are breaking just as much as the xj's on the trail. also have any of you jk owners ever payed any attention to how low that chassis hangs??? that thing is on the ground... yeah it comes almost flat from the factory but that is worthless because the chassis is f'in scrapin the ground. and if you get 4 doors... my oh my you have a great break over angle

also if you buy a jeep... you obviously do not buy the thing for the best ride, great road manners, or ride comfort. thats just not what a jeep is. jk's are made for comfort not for performance in any way.
I like what that one dude said the drivetrain is tucked up nicer on justkiddings than TJs, and how you can fit bigger tires with less lift. But that's about it.
Unread 11-25-2011, 11:00 PM   #100
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper69 View Post
I like what that one dude said the drivetrain is tucked up nicer on justkiddings than TJs, and how you can fit bigger tires with less lift. But that's about it.
what i'm trying to say is that even though the drivetrain is "tucked up nicely" it really isn't any better because the chassis is just lower.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
Unread 11-25-2011, 11:01 PM   #101
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

also jk have seriously like paper thin body panels... like if i fell into it i'd be afraid to dent it... would not even want to think about what would happen on a trail

Unread 11-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #102
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Get a YJ problems solved...
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2011, 11:17 PM   #103
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

ehh i'm not a fan of the stock yj suspension. it needs alot of attention

Unread 11-25-2011, 11:27 PM   #104
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Haha ruggedness is key though
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2011, 05:51 AM   #105
trw
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannon111 View Post

could you be any more full of it?
1978 Jeep CJ-7 - 304 V8, TH400 auto and quadratrac
2007 Jeep Liberty - Mother's Jeep, BFG ATs and....mud?
trw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.