TJ vs JK! - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > TJ vs JK!

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 07-27-2011, 02:20 PM   #61
bustedknuckle
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonVette
Easy.

JK owners are older, typically married w/kids.
So the jk is for women with kids needing to go to soccer practice.

bustedknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #62
97Heep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonVette View Post

I'm rushing out the door to sell my JKu now (btw, for nearly the same amount I paid for because it is one of the highest re-sell values of American manufacturers).
So you can take the money and get a TJ and modify it for the same price as a stock JK

Unread 07-27-2011, 03:11 PM   #63
OregonVette
2008 JK Wrangler 

totally
Gesshhh, you mean "buy 3 or 4 TJ's with the money I spent." Seriously, after all the cash I've sent to AEV, ARB, quadratec, armor, winch, interior stuff, bumpers etc etc... I am out probably 45-50k total including mods and Jeep toys!!!

For real, a Warn bumper for the tj was 300 or so (i think) but the Warn bumper for the JK (with skid & winch plate was damnear $1500)

But, regardless.... It's a Jeep thing
It's hard to give you good advice at this point. It's almost like you're saying, "I want to have sex, but don't want to get her pregnant. I can't afford condoms, so for now I just want to use Saran Wrap. What brand would you recommend?"
OregonVette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2011, 12:14 AM   #64
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Heep View Post
Just b/c I have never owned a JK does not mean I have no basis to state an opinion on it. Having test driven one, known people who have them, ridden in them, I feel that I have just as much a right to express and base my opinion on that.

Just b/c someone doesn't personally own something does not remove their right to have a valued opinion.

Then again I guess the fact that most (if not all) the JK owners I have passed on the road never wave back to the jeep wave would indicate and (by your responses) illustrate the ignorance they have.
DUDE! I totally know where you're coming from! Most JK owners never wave back!
Jeeper69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2011, 12:18 AM   #65
Brainwashed2566
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper69 View Post
DUDE! I totally know where you're coming from! Most JK owners never wave back!
yeah what the crap is with that, didn't they get the memo when they bought it. I wave all the dam time don't get anything back.
Brainwashed2566 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2011, 12:18 AM   #66
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Oh damn, you guys got me. I knew I should've kept my Yj and our tj. They were just so mechanically superior (even more so than the feeble 4 cyl YJ even!) to our JKU. I just wish the JK were nearly as capable off the showroom floor than our TJ was because the tj had damnear 14" donut tires (smaller than my mother in laws camry). Shoot, silly me... Oh, the plastic bumper, I know, totally... I was climbing FunnyRocks in Naches and when a small rock hit my plastic grill, my JKu exploded & immediately tipped over on its side. Thank GOD the only people who could survive such a blow were the three 26 year olds crammed into a TJ having a little sausage-fest in their little Jeep.

ps... they were NOT happy when I had to snatch them out of the snow when their "worlds greatest vehicle ever made" TJ got stuck in 14" of snow! Too funny, a "lifted TJ" sits on 31" or, eeek 33" rubber which makes it nearly as tall as a stock 4 door minivan, errr I mean JKu. But whatever, silly me!

Dangit! I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE KEPT OUR SUPERIOR TJ!!!!!!! The day they ceased production of the TJ, the 4x4 world was knocked off of its axis. Poor Quadratec, AEV, ARB, NorthRidge, Poison Spider, Hanson off road, OR Fab and many other aftermarket vendors who support the JK. Because if it wasn't for the JK, fortunately they'd have fewer jobs and a much smaller aftermarket to sell to. I'm with you guys, the JK's are terrible and only for non-waving, soccer moms!

I'm rushing out the door to sell my JKu now (btw, for nearly the same amount I paid for because it is one of the highest re-sell values of American manufacturers).

http://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the-latest/2011-best-resale-value-awards/
http://www.jeep.com/en/2011/wrangler/awards_reviews/overview/

you guys know I'm just messin with some of you, right? This is an internet forum on a Jeep enthusiast site. Some of you probably get a bit too buttsore about this stuff.
Hahaha you're the "buttsore" one. What's JK stand for anyway? Just kidding?
Unread 07-28-2011, 08:15 AM   #67
97Heep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hahaha you're the "buttsore" one. What's JK stand for anyway? Just kidding?
JK = Just Kidding I am not really a Jeep

Unread 07-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #68
df04jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainwashed2566 View Post
yeah what the crap is with that, didn't they get the memo when they bought it. I wave all the dam time don't get anything back.
? Really, it's spelled "Damn". And don't be so quick to judge, jk's are real Jeeps, why in the heck do they have JEEP stamped proudly on the front grill?
df04jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #69
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by df04jeep View Post
? Really, it's spelled "Damn". And don't be so quick to judge, jk's are real Jeeps, why in the heck do they have JEEP stamped proudly on the front grill?

Do you mean a jeep sticker strategically placed on the plastic grill?
Unread 07-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #70
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKiowaTJ View Post
Do you mean a jeep sticker strategically placed on the plastic grill?
yeah. he's a JKer lover.
Unread 07-28-2011, 10:15 PM   #71
OregonVette
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
yeah. he's a JKer lover.

I'm a Jeep JK owner (and JK lover too). Personally, I think its the best Jeep the brand has ever produced. Much better than our TJ, YJ or early CJ. Many of us jk owners ought to know, we've owned prior models. I've been twisting lockouts looking before you were even a glimpse in your dads eye.

Judging your age (18) and the fact that you have open diffs, no armor or recovery tells me one thing, you don't know ****. Do all of us a favor, why don't you stay over on the Jr Jeepers site with the other kids and leave the heavy work for us men.

Thanks
It's hard to give you good advice at this point. It's almost like you're saying, "I want to have sex, but don't want to get her pregnant. I can't afford condoms, so for now I just want to use Saran Wrap. What brand would you recommend?"
OregonVette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2011, 12:50 AM   #72
trw
2011 JK Wrangler 

heh, now you TJ owners know how the YJ owners felt
1978 Jeep CJ-7 - 304 V8, TH400 auto and quadratrac
2007 Jeep Liberty - Mother's Jeep, BFG ATs and....mud?
trw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2011, 01:45 AM   #73
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm a Jeep JK owner (and JK lover too). Personally, I think its the best Jeep the brand has ever produced. Much better than our TJ, YJ or early CJ. Many of us jk owners ought to know, we've owned prior models. I've been twisting lockouts looking before you were even a glimpse in your dads eye.

Judging your age (18) and the fact that you have open diffs, no armor or recovery tells me one thing, you don't know ****. Do all of us a favor, why don't you stay over on the Jr Jeepers site with the other kids and leave the heavy work for us men.

Thanks
So, because I don't have certain things, means I don't know ****? **** you. Maybe it's because I don't have the money. O wait, that IS the reason. You're one of the most ignorant, obnoxious JK owners on this website. Cheers!
Unread 07-29-2011, 02:06 AM   #74
MacK
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

I love that most of you guys ditch JK's because the owners don't wave back. Really? I wave, but 99% of the TJ owner's don't wave back.

Yea, my JK gets the groceries, picks up ladies, rocks and rolls with the ladies, but hits the trails just like every Jeep out there. I have just as much trail damage on my JK as anyone else: dented bumpers, scratches, mud caked in every component, rear bumper dented, etc.

Why so much hate? JK's are better than hummers, they come with heavier duty axles.

The plastic? Really? It's a freakin jeep. I LOVE being able to snap apart my craptastic interior and drill holes, add switches. Whoops? Made a mistake? Replace it for $5.00. Yea, I'll take my craptastic plastic over any fancy interior.

Get over yourselves, a Jeep is a Jeep. My dad has a '00 TJ and while it's impressive and I love it, I would take my JK over it any day. Comfort, better road manners, etc. 4drs have their advantages on and off road. While allowing people to go wheeling with more friends.

Sure, JK's aren't perfect but it's a Jeep. And sadly, it's made by Chrysler.. but as far as I'm concerned, I'll never buy anything else. I love all Jeeps. It was hard for me to accept a new interior, but things advance. I picked what I wanted, a 2010 Rubi - I did a few mods, added lights, and I off road the piss out of it in stock form. No regrets

Booohooo other jeeper's wont wave at me *cries*
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2011, 12:09 PM   #75
Brainwashed2566
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by df04jeep View Post
? Really, it's spelled "Damn".
thx didnt kno i spelt it wrng
Brainwashed2566 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.