TJ vs JK! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > TJ vs JK!

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 07-22-2011, 03:09 PM   #46
trw
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Friend of mine has a nicely built 4 door JK and commented on how he had to buy a better hood for the thing since the stock one was so flimsy it looked like it would blow of the thing, doors are made out of beer can material according to him. He loves the thing but isn't impressed with the sheetmetal on it. It makes a nice poser Jeep on 37's with coil overs but he is afraid to to some decent trails with it for fear of breaking it
thank god for subjective opinions eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper69 View Post
Of course. Ok, ok, the JK is cool but everyone says it has a comfortable ride which is not what the Jeep is about! TJs, YJs, CJs, Willys, Flatfenders you name it, they ride and drive like..like a JEEP! JKs drive and ride like...a car
and what do you think your TJ rides like compared to a YJ/CJ/- ? It isn't an oxcart and we're not even talking about the LJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evian View Post
My 1999 TJ survived a hail storm in Chicago that caused millions of dollars of damage to a lot of vehicles. Here is a JK that didn't survive a hail storm. JK have better MPG but at a cost! They have thinner metal and a ton of plastic. If a Jk can't survice a hail storm that occurs several times a year, what can it survive?
the funny thing is, your TJ probably has thicker sheet metal than my CJ, because its hood will bend and flex just as easily as my JK's does. In fact, the CJ hood is quite a bit lighter than my YJ hood was. the same goes for the full doors on both too, the CJ's flexes with minimal pressure.

Not sure what difference it makes anyway.

But don't let me spoil your therapy session, carry on.....

1978 Jeep CJ-7 - 304 V8, TH400 auto and quadratrac
2007 Jeep Liberty - Mother's Jeep, BFG ATs and....mud?
trw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 03:20 PM   #47
bige2533
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just wait until 2012 when everyone jumps on the JK wagon.
Unread 07-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #48
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bige2533 View Post
Just wait until 2012 when everyone jumps on the JK wagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #49
actionbastard
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper69 View Post
Of course. Ok, ok, the JK is cool but everyone says it has a comfortable ride which is not what the Jeep is about! TJs, YJs, CJs, Willys, Flatfenders you name it, they ride and drive like..like a JEEP! JKs drive and ride like...a car
a ****ty car with blown shocks, perhaps, but i think they ride rough compare to a cadilac or one of those jeeps with ifs (commander, anyone?).
Unread 07-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #50
actionbastard
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
Unread 07-23-2011, 06:39 PM   #51
MarineForChrist
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I do like the Jk's better, even being a TJ Rubi owner. Don't get me wrong I love the TJ, especially with all the hours I've put into it and all the hours it's given back. Nonetheless, the JK is better looking and built, to me. Your words hit the nail on the head. If I could afford one, I'd get it.
MarineForChrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2011, 08:47 PM   #52
Karl_V
2008 JK Wrangler 

yes I enjoy my 08 JK, no I don't mind the minivan motor. Do I still have love for my rust bucket 78 Cherokee? Yes I do! I think there is room for all vehicles with a Jeep label from Willy's to Mopar and yes I will Include A.M.C. To say one is better than another is ludacris. My only question is.... At what point in relentless modification(not that it's a bad thing I am a hot rod guy at heart) does it cease to become a production vehicle? I look at it like this when the dust settles a TJ and a JK outfitted identically(not factoring price, we don't drive them because they are great on gas or insert other rediculous cost here) will achieve the same goal............... The only difference I see with my unlimited and a TJ unlimited is I have 2 extra doors so my passengers are a litttle more comfortable and more inclined to get out and push if im stuck that bad

not poking fun, just a passing thought.
Cheers everyone!!

Dont underestimate the other guy he may be pulling you out later!
Karl_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 11:57 PM   #53
Brainwashed2566
2005 LJ Wrangler 

To throw in my 2 cents I love TJ's, but I would have just about any wrangler around. The only thing I don't like about JK's is the dam drive by wire system. It will have to be on the market a lot longer for me to get some confidence in it (prius anyone? At least I think the prius has drive by wire lol )
Brainwashed2566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 01:15 AM   #54
OregonVette
2008 JK Wrangler 

Easy.

JK owners are older, have owned TJ, yj and cj's previously, typically married w/kids.

Most TJ owners still live in their first appartment, just recently lost their virginity & very happy with their Jeep they bought used....

...from a guy who has upgraded to a JKu.

Moral of the story?
1. Most Jk owners have upgraded from TJ/yj's
2. Most TJ owners are still in their TJs, never owned a jk (and thus have no basis for valued opinion).
It's hard to give you good advice at this point. It's almost like you're saying, "I want to have sex, but don't want to get her pregnant. I can't afford condoms, so for now I just want to use Saran Wrap. What brand would you recommend?"
OregonVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 09:22 AM   #55
97Heep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
TJ's girly Jeeps eh, I don't think so lol

I am loving this video clip, was us playing around on a friend's private trail
By the way either Jeep as they sit cost less than your JK

Dude, sick rigs yall got there. Some impressive flex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonVette View Post
Easy.

JK owners are older, have owned TJ, yj and cj's previously, typically married w/kids.

Most TJ owners still live in their first appartment, just recently lost their virginity & very happy with their Jeep they bought used....

...from a guy who has upgraded to a JKu.

Moral of the story?
1. Most Jk owners have upgraded from TJ/yj's
2. Most TJ owners are still in their TJs, never owned a jk (and thus have no basis for valued opinion).
I am curious what you are basing this on other than your own personal opinion. Exp seeing as I am a TJ owner who bought his TJ, modified/ worked on his TJ all himself, graduated college, owns a house....etc..... No I have never owns a JK and tbh I probably never will own one as I don't care for the 4 door or the extended 2 door look. I will buy another used TJ before I get a JK. If I need a vehicle for a family then I'll get a Grand Cherokee or something.

To the OP: I am curious though how the modified (assuming lifted with bigger tires) is more suited for a Pregnant woman than a stock TJ.... you're telling me it's easier (or safer) for her to climb up into a lifted more modified jeep than a stock one.... I am not just seeing the logic here
Unread 07-27-2011, 10:33 AM   #56
OregonVette
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Heep View Post

1. I am curious what you are basing this on other than your own personal opinion.
2. I am a TJ owner who bought his TJ, modified/ all himself
3. No I have never owns a JK

Thank you for answering your own one-sided question.

Moral of the story? 1. Most Jk owners have upgraded from TJ/yj's

It's hard to give you good advice at this point. It's almost like you're saying, "I want to have sex, but don't want to get her pregnant. I can't afford condoms, so for now I just want to use Saran Wrap. What brand would you recommend?"
Unread 07-27-2011, 10:38 AM   #57
97Heep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Just b/c I have never owned a JK does not mean I have no basis to state an opinion on it. Having test driven one, known people who have them, ridden in them, I feel that I have just as much a right to express and base my opinion on that.

Just b/c someone doesn't personally own something does not remove their right to have a valued opinion.

Then again I guess the fact that most (if not all) the JK owners I have passed on the road never wave back to the jeep wave would indicate and (by your responses) illustrate the ignorance they have.
Unread 07-27-2011, 10:52 AM   #58
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Wow.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 11:10 AM   #59
sameolsong
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well I guess I will have to chime in on this one. For the record I and my other half both have tjs. We have our own house,and guess what? We have 2 kids.(10 and 5) We could go get a jk if we wanted one.That's no prob. actually we have test driven a couple.Even took the opportunity to wheel one at a club event. I wont be buying one because I don't like them.That's my personal preference.Now if she wanted one I wouldn't stop her from getting it,but she don't like them either.She actually would rather have a new grand Cherokee than the jk.
Moral of the story.
Not all tj owners are young kids just starting out in life and a tj is all that they can afford
not all tj owners are envious of your supposed holy grail jeep jk
not all tj owners want to own a jk
but if you want to throw stones I will. IF we where to buy a mini van it would be a real one not one that's disguised as jeep.
sameolsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 12:37 PM   #60
OregonVette
2008 JK Wrangler 

Oh damn, you guys got me. I knew I should've kept my Yj and our tj. They were just so mechanically superior (even more so than the feeble 4 cyl YJ even!) to our JKU. I just wish the JK were nearly as capable off the showroom floor than our TJ was because the tj had damnear 14" donut tires (smaller than my mother in laws camry). Shoot, silly me... Oh, the plastic bumper, I know, totally... I was climbing FunnyRocks in Naches and when a small rock hit my plastic grill, my JKu exploded & immediately tipped over on its side. Thank GOD the only people who could survive such a blow were the three 26 year olds crammed into a TJ having a little sausage-fest in their little Jeep.

ps... they were NOT happy when I had to snatch them out of the snow when their "worlds greatest vehicle ever made" TJ got stuck in 14" of snow! Too funny, a "lifted TJ" sits on 31" or, eeek 33" rubber which makes it nearly as tall as a stock 4 door minivan, errr I mean JKu. But whatever, silly me!

Dangit! I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE KEPT OUR SUPERIOR TJ!!!!!!! The day they ceased production of the TJ, the 4x4 world was knocked off of its axis. Poor Quadratec, AEV, ARB, NorthRidge, Poison Spider, Hanson off road, OR Fab and many other aftermarket vendors who support the JK. Because if it wasn't for the JK, fortunately they'd have fewer jobs and a much smaller aftermarket to sell to. I'm with you guys, the JK's are terrible and only for non-waving, soccer moms!

I'm rushing out the door to sell my JKu now (btw, for nearly the same amount I paid for because it is one of the highest re-sell values of American manufacturers).

http://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the-latest/2011-best-resale-value-awards/
http://www.jeep.com/en/2011/wrangler/awards_reviews/overview/

you guys know I'm just messin with some of you, right? This is an internet forum on a Jeep enthusiast site. Some of you probably get a bit too buttsore about this stuff.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.