TJ vs JK! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > TJ vs JK!

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-01-2010, 09:17 AM   #16
2001SportTJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernjack View Post
If I put a 4" lift on I'd be running 37"s ............ Just sayin'
A simple DIY highline and a 2" lift and we are running 37"s......... Just sayin.
And the fact that they make a Wrangler in the 2wd flavor disgusts me. And to the OP, how would you come to the conclusion that TJ's are more expensive to modify than JK's if your TJ is stock?

Unread 08-01-2010, 09:28 AM   #17
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001SportTJ View Post
A simple DIY highline and a 2" lift and we are running 37"s......... Just sayin.
And the fact that they make a Wrangler in the 2wd flavor disgusts me. And to the OP, how would you come to the conclusion that TJ's are more expensive to modify than JK's if your TJ is stock?
I don't know about TJs but YJs came in 2WD.

Anyways, the TJ might be inadequate compared the your JK but you've already modified the JK. Have you also taken into consideration the cost of the JK compared the the TJ?
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 10:29 AM   #18
hack99
2010 JK Wrangler 

You could also order XJ's and the Comanche truck in 2wd. They are both Jeeps.

The new JK has brought something back to Jeep that has been missing since the CJ5... masculinity. (kidding...kind-of)

Aimed at the haters.
Unread 08-01-2010, 10:41 AM   #19
taormina92
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJandMe View Post
The JK motor is lighter, more powerful, more fuel efficient, and more reliable than the 4.0L. Come on guys! I know we all like to be loyal to our long time I6 but there is no point in trashing a quality Mopar product because we can't afford a JK yet!

To get back on topic: If you want to keep it cost effective I'd go with a 2.5" RC lift with 15" soft 8's wrapped in 33" MT/R Kevlars. Done. My buddy got closer to 3" off that lift on his 4.0L.
Why make such a gross generalization? Who said anything about afford? You may think it's strange, but I sold my couple year old 7 series BMW to buy my old '92 YJ. I could've bought anything I wanted. Two Rubicon JKs even (and still had change left over).

Not all things are motivated by money or affordability.
taormina92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #20
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrwly View Post
imped you are one crabby dude - always

how does being correct have anything to do with crabby? like myself, he could just care less what the people of the inteweb think of him. he definantly knows his $%^&.

Quote:
as with any post just take what i say with a grain of salt.
i will after your first post. you obviously need a little more education on the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 06:20 PM   #21
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
imped you are one crabby dude - always
Far from it actually. I just dislike ridiculously uninformed comments. You just mention random but very important aspects of a suspension like they are a nuisance-bump stops-among several other things that make it obvious you don't know the WHY's and HOW's. If you're going to say, "TJs are just a giant hassle" please provide legitimate reasons. I guarantee that I can argue right for every wrong you say. I'd actually love to help you build the TJ correctly if you are willing to step outside the box and listen to some good advice. And I totally agree with the "LCOG" method for many positive reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
how does being correct have anything to do with crabby? like myself, he could just care less what the people of the inteweb think of him. he definantly knows his $%^&.
You got that right.

i will after your first post. you obviously need a little more education on the subject.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2010, 09:22 PM   #22
mrcrwly
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i agree you are one smart fella when it comes to the jeep ; ) ive read a lot of good comments and posts from ya and i mean no disrespect, theres just always lots of "what a dumb question, you dont know anything" that goes around forums cant we all just get along!
I didnt post this in the tech section as you can see, as it wasnt really tech, just my thoughts, and your right im no suspension guru, but ive got a pretty fair understanding which is why i like to search a lot and not say much.
im thinking im gonna go with minimal lift and fender/tub trimming, "high line" style front end, i think i may start with some new coils and a basic spacer lift to make it level at least, the front end does sit pretty raked currently, possibly sagging coils (its got just over 100k miles)
everybody has an opinion even if it sounds dumb
TJ's are a blast, otherwise i wouldnt have bought one right? i just hadnt heard from enough knowledgeable people that it would work to cut and stuff big tires (gross exageration of course) without big lift and endless toiling
man what a long post

Rescue Green Jeep Club Official Member Let the mods begin! 07 JK Sahara Loaded, 4.10s lim slip 4" RC lift 16 34x10.50 LTB Interco Swampers. Pro-Josh Evap relocation, Skid Row motor/trans skid, Build in the works...
mrcrwly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2010, 07:51 AM   #23
terrahawk
2007 JK Wrangler 

These threads are so much fun. Some web wheeler always gets butt hurt and hilarity ensues lol.
Unread 08-02-2010, 09:06 AM   #24
2004 TJ Wrangler 

What is so hard about lifting a TJ? throw on a 2 inch budget boost or a 2.5 inch RC coil lfit, install a one inch body lift, throw some 33s on and call it a day. How is that hard?
Unread 07-19-2011, 06:06 PM   #25
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshinefuel View Post
I think the op is struggling to put bigger rolling stock under his TJ. I have already given a perfectly valid solution.
Honestly though, I see contradicting statements in how you are calling the TJ a girl jeep when you stated how its not suited for her, newly pregnant, hauling kids..yet, the JK is better suited for the girl..
Seems like quite the opposite from your own words, just sayin..
hhahaha yeah so true
Jeeper69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #26
MrJohn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by taormina92 View Post
This thread is fail because YJs aren't involved.
Yup. And I'm jumping on the bandwagon of, everything you said seems the opposite. I think the JK would be more adequate for a pregnant wife, and a TJ would be more fitting for a man.
MrJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 01:21 PM   #27
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJohn View Post
Yup. And I'm jumping on the bandwagon of, everything you said seems the opposite. I think the JK would be more adequate for a pregnant wife, and a TJ would be more fitting for a man.
Is your sarcasm aimed at me? The op said his modded JK is fit for his pregnate wife to drive, and that she can't drive her TJ anymore so he has to drive it. Obviously he is subconsciously stating on accident that JKs are for pregnant women and TJs are for men haha.
Jeeper69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #28
Mantis212
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Should of bought a mini van....
Unread 07-20-2011, 02:46 PM   #29
ncb

Nice work digging up an old thread and adding more tard to it.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #30
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper69 View Post
hhahaha yeah so true
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
Nice work digging up an old thread and adding more tard to it.

Jeeper69.

Oh, should I have said ?
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.