TJ vs JK! - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 230 Old 12-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Jeeper69
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: East Bay
Posts: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGTI View Post
Fiat is considering bringing back the Alfa Romeo to the US like the Fiat 500.

The old days of Jeep CJ/YJ/TJ are done.....JK's and the next Wranglers will continue to look more car like.That's what the public wants...and that's what the public will get.

I like the Jk but just my 2006 TJ has spent more time getting it's sensors replaced and it only has 18,000 + miles on it.I was expecting the electronic gremlins to be annoying in my VW GTI.The car has been maintence-free for two years.I can only imagine the electronic gremlins that will lurk with long time ownership in the JK's.
Well if we the Jeepers speak up, we could convince the Jeep Wrangler designers to make it look more Jeep like.

Jeeper69 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #212 of 230 Old 12-08-2011, 10:26 PM
trw
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris View Post
Yes, I'm sorry, but it has too much plastic and electronicsit doesn't mix with no top or doors and rain..........
You don't even have one, how can you make claims such as that? Plenty of us JKers have gotten our interiors wet without issues. You guys need to get off that already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper69 View Post
Well if we the Jeepers speak up, we could convince the Jeep Wrangler designers to make it look more Jeep like.
For "hardcore" Jeepers, you guys sure are hung up on looks quite a bit.
Tell us, why did you REALLY buy a Jeep?

Jeep garage:
2011 Jeep Wrangler JK - 33" BFG KM2s, 2.5" RC BB, ARB bumper, IPF 900XS, Superwinch EPI 9.0, AEV Snorkel
1995 Jeep Wrangler - 4 cyl, 2.5" lift, BFG AT 30s, Ford 8.8, SYE+CV, AX15 swap, ARB snorkel, Aussie locker + loads more - sold
1978 Jeep CJ-7 - 304 V8, TH400 auto and quadratrac
2007 Jeep Liberty - Mother's Jeep, BFG ATs and....mud?
trw is offline  
post #213 of 230 Old 12-08-2011, 10:30 PM
AmmitOsiris
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brentwood
Posts: 3,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by trw

You don't even have one, how can you make claims such as that? Plenty of us JKers have gotten our interiors wet without issues. You guys need to get off that already.

For "hardcore" Jeepers, you guys sure are hung up on looks quite a bit.
Tell us, why did you REALLY buy a Jeep?
My aunt got hers all wet and it went inop
AmmitOsiris is offline  
post #214 of 230 Old 12-08-2011, 10:32 PM
trw
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris View Post
My aunt got hers all wet and it went inop
I'm sure it did

Jeep garage:
2011 Jeep Wrangler JK - 33" BFG KM2s, 2.5" RC BB, ARB bumper, IPF 900XS, Superwinch EPI 9.0, AEV Snorkel
1995 Jeep Wrangler - 4 cyl, 2.5" lift, BFG AT 30s, Ford 8.8, SYE+CV, AX15 swap, ARB snorkel, Aussie locker + loads more - sold
1978 Jeep CJ-7 - 304 V8, TH400 auto and quadratrac
2007 Jeep Liberty - Mother's Jeep, BFG ATs and....mud?
trw is offline  
post #215 of 230 Old 12-08-2011, 10:36 PM
AmmitOsiris
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brentwood
Posts: 3,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by trw

I'm sure it did
It did and it didn't help when it was parked outside and there was a big storm. no top on....I don't know why but it wasn't on....
AmmitOsiris is offline  
post #216 of 230 Old 12-08-2011, 10:47 PM
df04jeep
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Murray
Posts: 267
Since I've been following this thread I've come up with an idea. Now hear me out on this, Let's forget all the models of Wrangler the company now offers, And have them come out with a brand new model based upon the jeep of yesteryear, I'm talking to pre 1987. No luxury, few to no electronics, vinyl seats, no carpet, bedliner floor pan, a jeep that's based off the original theory, a Jeep for the traditionalist.

And then design another Wrangler with the luxury that could compete with BMW or Mercedes Benz, a model that would make the Sahara look like a Wrangler X.

They could do this, I mean for example they came out with the idea to make the Jeep Rubicon model for serious off road ers. (Some will laugh)
df04jeep is offline  
post #217 of 230 Old 12-08-2011, 10:50 PM
df04jeep
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Murray
Posts: 267
I think that there is enough fan base out there for the Wrangler for traditionalist. And there is enough for the luxury crowd to. I feel like a few feel like they're having this luxury idea shoved down their throats, and they would like to have a choice in the matter. I agree with the one post where we hobbyist should speak up.
df04jeep is offline  
post #218 of 230 Old 12-08-2011, 11:02 PM
trw
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by df04jeep View Post
I think that there is enough fan base out there for the Wrangler for traditionalist. And there is enough for the luxury crowd to. I feel like a few feel like they're having this luxury idea shoved down their throats, and they would like to have a choice in the matter. I agree with the one post where we hobbyist should speak up.
No one is shoving anything down anyone's throats, There are decades of Jeeps to choose from of varying degrees of refinement.

If you feel a Jeep should ride like ****, have a skull crushing dashboard, no AC and no heat, barely maintain 60, and require a massive truck to trailer it to every trailhead, there's one for you.

The problem seems to stem from those who feel a Jeep cannot be a Jeep unless its an ancient brick.

Jeep garage:
2011 Jeep Wrangler JK - 33" BFG KM2s, 2.5" RC BB, ARB bumper, IPF 900XS, Superwinch EPI 9.0, AEV Snorkel
1995 Jeep Wrangler - 4 cyl, 2.5" lift, BFG AT 30s, Ford 8.8, SYE+CV, AX15 swap, ARB snorkel, Aussie locker + loads more - sold
1978 Jeep CJ-7 - 304 V8, TH400 auto and quadratrac
2007 Jeep Liberty - Mother's Jeep, BFG ATs and....mud?
trw is offline  
post #219 of 230 Old 12-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Jeeper69
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: East Bay
Posts: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by trw View Post
You don't even have one, how can you make claims such as that? Plenty of us JKers have gotten our interiors wet without issues. You guys need to get off that already.



For "hardcore" Jeepers, you guys sure are hung up on looks quite a bit.
Tell us, why did you REALLY buy a Jeep?
Huge, huge aftermarket support for Jeeps, I like the look of the Willys, Cj and TJ, the history, the turning radius is extremely fun and convenient around town(as is sitting up high), the durability, the fun of the manual tranny(on mine), and from my observations they seem like the most capable 4x4. I think that sums it up for why I wanted one, overall I just love my Jeep and how cool it is.

Why did you get one trw?
Jeeper69 is offline  
post #220 of 230 Old 12-09-2011, 12:25 AM
Jeeper69
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: East Bay
Posts: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by df04jeep View Post
Since I've been following this thread I've come up with an idea. Now hear me out on this, Let's forget all the models of Wrangler the company now offers, And have them come out with a brand new model based upon the jeep of yesteryear, I'm talking to pre 1987. No luxury, few to no electronics, vinyl seats, no carpet, bedliner floor pan, a jeep that's based off the original theory, a Jeep for the traditionalist.

And then design another Wrangler with the luxury that could compete with BMW or Mercedes Benz, a model that would make the Sahara look like a Wrangler X.

They could do this, I mean for example they came out with the idea to make the Jeep Rubicon model for serious off road ers. (Some will laugh)
This is a good idea, like modernize the Willys, so much so that the military would consider it to replace the troop transport hmmwv(humvee) with this concept. Stock with 37s like the humvee?? Haha this sounds sick. But keep the solid axles unlike the humvee, keep a low center of gravity design, all while making the traditional Willys bigger and keeping the classic look, and drivability of a Jeep.

And another added touch, slam a Cummins diesel in it(good mpgs compared to a gas engine, extreme torque/horsepower), with a heavy duty manual tranny.

We'll call it, the Willys MB(Modernized Beast).

Last edited by Jeeper69; 12-09-2011 at 12:30 AM. Reason: extra
Jeeper69 is offline  
post #221 of 230 Old 12-09-2011, 01:47 AM
df04jeep
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Murray
Posts: 267
I like your thinking
df04jeep is offline  
post #222 of 230 Old 12-09-2011, 05:44 AM
df04jeep
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Murray
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by trw View Post
No one is shoving anything down anyone's throats, There are decades of Jeeps to choose from of varying degrees of refinement.

If you feel a Jeep should ride like ****, have a skull crushing dashboard, no AC and no heat, barely maintain 60, and require a massive truck to trailer it to every trailhead, there's one for you.

The problem seems to stem from those who feel a Jeep cannot be a Jeep unless its an ancient brick.
I respect your opinion but im like most people, im spoiled and I like seeing new things, not the same old yj grill, or that same old cj dash I've looked at for the last forty to fifty years.

I think the company should do like Ford done a few years ago, at least its what I heard, while making their 2004 body style, the public liked the late 90's style pickup so will, they made a few more units and called it their heritage model. That's what Jeep needs, a heritage model.
df04jeep is offline  
post #223 of 230 Old 12-09-2011, 09:13 AM
ArticRubi
Arrogant SOB
 
ArticRubi's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somerville
Posts: 1,789
Just buy a JKR, then supercharge it, and don't forget the headers.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

From Rubicon to Icon - 4-link, Tons, Atlas Build

Build Thread

Need parts? Need product advice? Contact Jason at Krawl Off-Road
ArticRubi is offline  
post #224 of 230 Old 12-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Ripper3494
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Warrenville
Posts: 5,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticRubi
Just buy a JKR, then supercharge it, and don't forget the headers.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Or get a yj and drop a v8 in lol... With the amount spent on a new jk, if you spent the time you could make a yj just as comfy... But who wants that

build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/9...-spud-1218315/
1994 yj stretched, locked and loaded - 6.0l vortec lq4, 4l60e, np231, Dana 44s 37" interco trxus m/t, 3.5" bds front leafs, double triangulated 4 link rear on xj front coils.
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/a...te-up-1301614/
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/t...ation-1417686/
RC vs BDS
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/r...s-bds-1461555/
Ripper3494 is offline  
post #225 of 230 Old 12-09-2011, 03:22 PM
RedZJ
Taste Like Chicken
 
RedZJ's Avatar
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jackson
Posts: 3,095
Garage
This is still going on?

We all know ZJ's cant be beat.
RedZJ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome