TJ vs JK! - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > TJ vs JK!

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 12-08-2011, 10:48 PM   #211
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGTI View Post
Fiat is considering bringing back the Alfa Romeo to the US like the Fiat 500.

The old days of Jeep CJ/YJ/TJ are done.....JK's and the next Wranglers will continue to look more car like.That's what the public wants...and that's what the public will get.

I like the Jk but just my 2006 TJ has spent more time getting it's sensors replaced and it only has 18,000 + miles on it.I was expecting the electronic gremlins to be annoying in my VW GTI.The car has been maintence-free for two years.I can only imagine the electronic gremlins that will lurk with long time ownership in the JK's.
Well if we the Jeepers speak up, we could convince the Jeep Wrangler designers to make it look more Jeep like.

Jeeper69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2011, 11:26 PM   #212
trw
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris View Post
Yes, I'm sorry, but it has too much plastic and electronicsit doesn't mix with no top or doors and rain..........
You don't even have one, how can you make claims such as that? Plenty of us JKers have gotten our interiors wet without issues. You guys need to get off that already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper69 View Post
Well if we the Jeepers speak up, we could convince the Jeep Wrangler designers to make it look more Jeep like.
For "hardcore" Jeepers, you guys sure are hung up on looks quite a bit.
Tell us, why did you REALLY buy a Jeep?
1978 Jeep CJ-7 - 304 V8, TH400 auto and quadratrac
2007 Jeep Liberty - Mother's Jeep, BFG ATs and....mud?
trw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2011, 11:30 PM   #213
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trw

You don't even have one, how can you make claims such as that? Plenty of us JKers have gotten our interiors wet without issues. You guys need to get off that already.

My aunt got hers all wet and it went inop
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2011, 11:32 PM   #214
trw
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris View Post
My aunt got hers all wet and it went inop
I'm sure it did
Unread 12-08-2011, 11:36 PM   #215
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trw

I'm sure it did
It did and it didn't help when it was parked outside and there was a big storm. no top on....I don't know why but it wasn't on....
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2011, 11:47 PM   #216
df04jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Since I've been following this thread I've come up with an idea. Now hear me out on this, Let's forget all the models of Wrangler the company now offers, And have them come out with a brand new model based upon the jeep of yesteryear, I'm talking to pre 1987. No luxury, few to no electronics, vinyl seats, no carpet, bedliner floor pan, a jeep that's based off the original theory, a Jeep for the traditionalist.

And then design another Wrangler with the luxury that could compete with BMW or Mercedes Benz, a model that would make the Sahara look like a Wrangler X.

They could do this, I mean for example they came out with the idea to make the Jeep Rubicon model for serious off road ers. (Some will laugh)
df04jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2011, 11:50 PM   #217
df04jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I think that there is enough fan base out there for the Wrangler for traditionalist. And there is enough for the luxury crowd to. I feel like a few feel like they're having this luxury idea shoved down their throats, and they would like to have a choice in the matter. I agree with the one post where we hobbyist should speak up.
Unread 12-09-2011, 12:02 AM   #218
trw
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by df04jeep View Post
I think that there is enough fan base out there for the Wrangler for traditionalist. And there is enough for the luxury crowd to. I feel like a few feel like they're having this luxury idea shoved down their throats, and they would like to have a choice in the matter. I agree with the one post where we hobbyist should speak up.
No one is shoving anything down anyone's throats, There are decades of Jeeps to choose from of varying degrees of refinement.

If you feel a Jeep should ride like ****, have a skull crushing dashboard, no AC and no heat, barely maintain 60, and require a massive truck to trailer it to every trailhead, there's one for you.

The problem seems to stem from those who feel a Jeep cannot be a Jeep unless its an ancient brick.
Unread 12-09-2011, 01:17 AM   #219
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trw View Post

Huge, huge aftermarket support for Jeeps, I like the look of the Willys, Cj and TJ, the history, the turning radius is extremely fun and convenient around town(as is sitting up high), the durability, the fun of the manual tranny(on mine), and from my observations they seem like the most capable 4x4. I think that sums it up for why I wanted one, overall I just love my Jeep and how cool it is.

Why did you get one trw?
Unread 12-09-2011, 01:25 AM   #220
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by df04jeep View Post
Since I've been following this thread I've come up with an idea. Now hear me out on this, Let's forget all the models of Wrangler the company now offers, And have them come out with a brand new model based upon the jeep of yesteryear, I'm talking to pre 1987. No luxury, few to no electronics, vinyl seats, no carpet, bedliner floor pan, a jeep that's based off the original theory, a Jeep for the traditionalist.

And then design another Wrangler with the luxury that could compete with BMW or Mercedes Benz, a model that would make the Sahara look like a Wrangler X.

They could do this, I mean for example they came out with the idea to make the Jeep Rubicon model for serious off road ers. (Some will laugh)
This is a good idea, like modernize the Willys, so much so that the military would consider it to replace the troop transport hmmwv(humvee) with this concept. Stock with 37s like the humvee?? Haha this sounds sick. But keep the solid axles unlike the humvee, keep a low center of gravity design, all while making the traditional Willys bigger and keeping the classic look, and drivability of a Jeep.

And another added touch, slam a Cummins diesel in it(good mpgs compared to a gas engine, extreme torque/horsepower), with a heavy duty manual tranny.

We'll call it, the Willys MB(Modernized Beast).

Last edited by Jeeper69; 12-09-2011 at 01:30 AM.. Reason: extra
Unread 12-09-2011, 02:47 AM   #221
df04jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I like your thinking
Unread 12-09-2011, 06:44 AM   #222
df04jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trw View Post
No one is shoving anything down anyone's throats, There are decades of Jeeps to choose from of varying degrees of refinement.

If you feel a Jeep should ride like ****, have a skull crushing dashboard, no AC and no heat, barely maintain 60, and require a massive truck to trailer it to every trailhead, there's one for you.

The problem seems to stem from those who feel a Jeep cannot be a Jeep unless its an ancient brick.
I respect your opinion but im like most people, im spoiled and I like seeing new things, not the same old yj grill, or that same old cj dash I've looked at for the last forty to fifty years.

I think the company should do like Ford done a few years ago, at least its what I heard, while making their 2004 body style, the public liked the late 90's style pickup so will, they made a few more units and called it their heritage model. That's what Jeep needs, a heritage model.
Unread 12-09-2011, 10:13 AM   #223
ArticRubi
Arrogant SOB

2008 JK Wrangler 

Just buy a JKR, then supercharge it, and don't forget the headers.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Build Thread

Need parts? Need product advice? Contact Jason at Krawl Off-Road
ArticRubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #224
Ripper3494
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticRubi
Just buy a JKR, then supercharge it, and don't forget the headers.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Or get a yj and drop a v8 in lol... With the amount spent on a new jk, if you spent the time you could make a yj just as comfy... But who wants that
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 04:22 PM   #225
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

This is still going on?

We all know ZJ's cant be beat.
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.