TJ vs JK! - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > TJ vs JK!

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Reply
Unread 12-06-2011, 11:32 PM   #196
trw
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
WHY are the JK 's so defensive? Just imagine OPPS i ran into the store and came out to pouring rain and the tops down... TJ CJ YJ you laugh pull the drain plugs and drive on. JK freak out because if not now, eventually all the electronics are fuggered, from your heated seats too the nice nav system. Just think a jeep shouldn't be quite so fancy schmancy. Yes they are nice and comfy but are they a real wrangler?
try not to speculate so much, you'll be surprised by what actually is and what isn't.

After numerous top off soakings, my "fancy" JK is still working fine, all the way down to the steering wheel buttons.

Really, can no one make a real argument against the JK?

__________________
Jeep garage:
2011 Jeep Wrangler JK - 33" BFG KM2s, 2.5" RC BB, ARB bumper, IPF 900XS, Superwinch EPI 9.0, AEV Snorkel
1995 Jeep Wrangler - 4 cyl, 2.5" lift, BFG AT 30s, Ford 8.8, SYE+CV, AX15 swap, ARB snorkel, Aussie locker + loads more - sold
1978 Jeep CJ-7 - 304 V8, TH400 auto and quadratrac
2007 Jeep Liberty - Mother's Jeep, BFG ATs and....mud?
trw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #197
MacK
Web Wheeler
 
MacK's Avatar
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dagsboro, Delaware
Posts: 3,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by trw View Post
try not to speculate so much, you'll be surprised by what actually is and what isn't.

After numerous top off soakings, my "fancy" JK is still working fine, all the way down to the steering wheel buttons.

Really, can no one make a real argument against the JK?
Thank you. +1 for smart person.
__________________
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #198
bustedknuckle
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Aurora, CO
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by trw

try not to speculate so much, you'll be surprised by what actually is and what isn't.

After numerous top off soakings, my "fancy" JK is still working fine, all the way down to the steering wheel buttons.

Really, can no one make a real argument against the JK?
This thread is full of valid points for and against jks and tjs, but they all have been beaten to death.

This thread should be closed.
bustedknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2011, 09:40 AM   #199
AmmitOsiris
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brentwood, California
Posts: 3,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedknuckle

This thread is full of valid points for and against jks and tjs, but they all have been beaten to death.

This thread should be closed.
X2 close thread
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #200
df04jeep
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Murray, Kentucky
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
Funny topic this is like going to a feed the troll farm.

The guys who still have or have owned a cj2 KNOW what and how Jeeps were how well they road and what they could and could not do. trust me even a yj is like a SUV a Tj is like a tahoe, the Jk is like the escolade. But no matter what some may think, stock to stock the 012 Jk is the "most" Jeep of them all, hands down. i have had a few from the lowly cj2a to the now king of the hill JK2012. Dont hate if its about the $. Sure many 012's are just status, wont see a dirt road ever, but you know its a good thing for Jeep or there would no more Jeep. I would hate to see it go the way of Pontiac. Pluss one day these will be old and some kids are going to be like ya man my Jk is old and its so cool compared to........(if there are any).
Praise the father of Jeeps AMEN
df04jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2011, 12:02 PM   #201
1998tjsport
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 486
Anyone who hates on the JK is jelous they can't afford one. I am a TJ guy myself but a JK is still bad *** if used as a jeep. Why hate on progress, with that logic we would all still have carberated 90HP motors and leaf springs. Not that there is anything wrong with that by why not upgrade....
1998tjsport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2011, 04:51 PM   #202
AmmitOsiris
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brentwood, California
Posts: 3,337
Because all they are is comfort not rugged, and I'm in highschool and have valid reasons on why I don't like them.....doesn't mean I won't drive one but I wouldn't build it for offroad
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #203
WindsorRenegade
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Posts: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
Funny topic this is like going to a feed the troll farm.

The guys who still have or have owned a cj2 KNOW what and how Jeeps were how well they road and what they could and could not do. trust me even a yj is like a SUV a Tj is like a tahoe, the Jk is like the escolade. But no matter what some may think, stock to stock the 012 Jk is the "most" Jeep of them all, hands down. i have had a few from the lowly cj2a to the now king of the hill JK2012. Dont hate if its about the $. Sure many 012's are just status, wont see a dirt road ever, but you know its a good thing for Jeep or there would no more Jeep. I would hate to see it go the way of Pontiac. Pluss one day these will be old and some kids are going to be like ya man my Jk is old and its so cool compared to........(if there are any).

Agreed 100% JK's are the most capable stock Wrangler ever produced.

My problem is, when they are old...will they be Jeeps worth having?
Will they even be restorable? Maybe they're too smart for their own good. You don't have to look back very far to see that the more electrical doo-dads a vehicle has, the harder it is to maintain when they get some years on them.
This goes for all modern vehicles though. I doubt we'll be seeing a 2008 Super Bee Charger, a 2012 Cobra, or a 2012 Camero SS rolling down Woodward in 20 years.
We will see '69 Chargers, Mustangs, and Cameros though.


....still prefer my YJ though
WindsorRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #204
JPi1
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Yucaipa, California
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris
Because all they are is comfort not rugged, and I'm in highschool and have valid reasons on why I don't like them.....doesn't mean I won't drive one but I wouldn't build it for offroad
My jk is my 6th jeep, and the best off road jeep yet. I can't speak for the two door JK model, but the unlimited is better than the others I've owned. Vertical climbs are so much better with the long wheel base, and crawling around on the rocks is better too. Some tight turns take a little more room, but nothing like I thought it would be when I first saw the four door.
JPi1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #205
AmmitOsiris
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brentwood, California
Posts: 3,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPi1

My jk is my 6th jeep, and the best off road jeep yet. I can't speak for the two door JK model, but the unlimited is better than the others I've owned. Vertical climbs are so much better with the long wheel base, and crawling around on the rocks is better too. Some tight turns take a little more room, but nothing like I thought it would be when I first saw the four door.
Yes, I'm sorry, but it has too much plastic and electronicsit doesn't mix with no top or doors and rain..........
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #206
JPi1
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Yucaipa, California
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris

Yes, I'm sorry, but it has too much plastic and electronicsit doesn't mix with no top or doors and rain..........
I have my top and doors off all summer with no issues, but ive heard some problems on the '12s if you get the controls on the steering wheel wet.
JPi1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2011, 06:41 PM   #207
AmmitOsiris
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brentwood, California
Posts: 3,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPi1

I have my top and doors off all summer with no issues, but ive heard some problems on the '12s if you get the controls on the steering wheel wet.
I'm talking about getting the main electronics wet, it'll be inop.
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #208
df04jeep
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Murray, Kentucky
Posts: 267
I gotta say after following this thread for a few days now, guys, you have to look at who bought Chrysler, luxury cars is all they know, they know fancy has always worked for them in the past so fancy will or should work now, Mercedes is whom im revering to. Back in what about 2004, before that time it was all Mopar and Chrysler was their own company, and they where used to building Dodge trucks, functional, versatile, vehicles you could use without any concerns.
df04jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2011, 09:50 PM   #209
Jeeper69
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by df04jeep View Post
I gotta say after following this thread for a few days now, guys, you have to look at who bought Chrysler, luxury cars is all they know, they know fancy has always worked for them in the past so fancy will or should work now, Mercedes is whom im revering to. Back in what about 2004, before that time it was all Mopar and Chrysler was their own company, and they where used to building Dodge trucks, functional, versatile, vehicles you could use without any concerns.
Daimler-Benz merged with Chrysler Corporation back in '98, DaimlerChrysler sold off Chrysler in 2007.
Jeeper69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2011, 09:58 PM   #210
MsGTI
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York City, New York
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by df04jeep View Post
I gotta say after following this thread for a few days now, guys, you have to look at who bought Chrysler, luxury cars is all they know, they know fancy has always worked for them in the past so fancy will or should work now, Mercedes is whom im revering to. Back in what about 2004, before that time it was all Mopar and Chrysler was their own company, and they where used to building Dodge trucks, functional, versatile, vehicles you could use without any concerns.
Fiat is considering bringing back the Alfa Romeo to the US like the Fiat 500.

The old days of Jeep CJ/YJ/TJ are done.....JK's and the next Wranglers will continue to look more car like.That's what the public wants...and that's what the public will get.

I like the Jk but just my 2006 TJ has spent more time getting it's sensors replaced and it only has 18,000 + miles on it.I was expecting the electronic gremlins to be annoying in my VW GTI.The car has been maintence-free for two years.I can only imagine the electronic gremlins that will lurk with long time ownership in the JK's.
__________________
"Everyone has a plan until they are punched in the face."~Mike Tyson

2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ Metallic Khaki
2009 VW GTI
MsGTI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.