TJ vs JK! - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > TJ vs JK!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 12-05-2011, 06:15 PM   #181
kashoggio

Can't be people are making this thing in to a huge issue. Let it go... Jks are cool as well as tjs.. Once I get my jollies off with the tj I will get a jk 4dr and so on as times goes on.

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="DarkRed"]"Some desire is necessary to keep life in motion."[/COLOR][/FONT]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2004-tj-rubicon-skittles-build-1152944/"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Lime"]MY JEEP BUILD [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=226258"]ITEMS FOR SALE [/url]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/polish-jeepers/"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]POLISH JEEPERS CLUB[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/url]
kashoggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 06:30 PM   #182
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmitOsiris View Post
The original JEEP was made rugged not pansy arsed, so therefore older is way better,
http://youtu.be/jMfEJi3_gZ4

Jeeper69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 06:33 PM   #183
Vixen
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sry just too much crap to break in the JK... I would even down grade what the TJ has if I could...
Unread 12-05-2011, 07:41 PM   #184
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Remember JK = JUST KIDDING!!!!! HAHAHA
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 12:22 AM   #185
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_bosun View Post
I have nothing against JKs, per se, but the above post (and below quote) is just too much fun to let slide.

I don't see much distinction between the model years.

2009:

2010:

2011:

2012:

I do see some similarities here, too.

Hummer H3:

Mercedes G-Class:

Yeah, JK interior is SOOO much more rugged and pretty at the same time.

TJ:

JK:

Hmmm. Where have I seen that steering wheel before? Maybe in a BMW:

or an Audi:

The Unlimited X starts at almost $26K msrp. The 2006 Unlimited Rubicon had an average invoice of $26,358.

While the degree and severity of the FAIL! in the quoted post is perhaps unparalleled, I do agree that in short order the a used JK will be able to be had for "cheap".

Ironically, I wasn't talking about the exterior, I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE INTERIOR. Do you realize as time goes on prices go up? This is true for everything. That steering wheel looks nothing like the JK other than the controls, which I'm against, too. But really. You hate JK for steering wheel controls and a upgraded interior? Really? Again, it's 2011 going into 2012 sometimes change is good thing. Chrysler has to update the interior to be more plush, if they want to stay in business.

Your entire post is FAIL! At no point did I mention the exterior, which looks like a traditional Jeep. And why are you comparing the JK Wrangler to a H3? The hummer is Chevy's failed attempt at becoming a Jeep, the windows are smaller, it's bigger, and way uglier.

The mercedes G-Class is just absolutely disgusting. Those steering wheels look nothing like a JK's steering wheel. Seriously. Just because it has steering wheel controls does not make it the same.

Sure, your older Jeeps are great. I have one. If I was to build a off road machine, I would have a old CJ. Not because it's "better" but because it's a lot cheaper to build. As a owner of both the vehicles, I take my JK everywhere. It's much more comfortable. Why are you guys acting like comfort is a bad thing? Surely some of you are getting older and tired of being thrown around and beat up. I work at a job that requires me to look perfect everyday, and this means I can't always take my top off. Or run with my doors off. Sometimes I like to arrive at work without pains from driving around, too. I take a lot of bumpy roads to work, as well. The TJ throws you around, which used to be fun.. not after several years, though. The JK does too, but no where near as bad.

Your entire post just reeks of pure fail. LEARN TO FREAKING READ.

Allow me to explain:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTB View Post
Just scrolling through the thread i found this gem.

I can't believe you think you're interior is not all fancy. A CJ has a simple interior. Sitting in a JK is like sitting in any run of the mill modern SUV.

And comfort? Gay.
Now see the bold text?

Lets take this sentence:
Oh yea, the 2011+ maybe but not my 2010. Even the 2011 looks great.

Now lets break it down. What would make the 2011 different from my 2010? Hmm. No exterior changes. Perhaps the interior?

Now lets examine the entire thing:
No, you're wrong. Drive your Jeep like I drive mine. 25k miles in 4 months. So yes, comfort is a BIG deal for me.

Lets stop there. Now lets make a list:
  • 25k miles in 4 months
  • comfort is a big deal

Now lets think it over, slowly, but take it easy - don't want to erupt your small mind.

Slowly, and easily. Lets put those two things together. 25k miles in 4 months. Oh, yea, exterior would likely have nothing to do with that. So, lets move on. "Comfort" is a big deal. Now, this must also imply that we are not talking about the exterior - but the interior.

Do you need someone to change your diaper? Have you been a big boy lately and used the potty properly? You obviously don't have the mental capacity to complete any of the following. Might want to look into the following: http://www.starfall.com/

If I said that the TJ was more comfortable, would this be more acceptable? This would be perfectly fine right? Did you ***** and whine about the TJ when it got the interior upgrade from the YJ? Did you ***** and whine about the YJ when it had square headlights? Seriously, you guys just need to accept things change. I love all Jeep's, but I love my JK Rubi the most. To me, a Jeep is a Jeep.

BTW: You post a 4dr JK but I have a 2dr. Another fail.

Good luck
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 06:01 AM   #186
JemLT1YJ
2011 JK Wrangler 

I absolutly loved my 89 YJ, always thought wranglers were cool but never owned one. I was hooked immediatly... Even tho after 3 months it started burning a qt of oil for a 50 mile trip, out in a snow storms checking/adding oil to it, had to do it every night! I still loved it! Messin around one day stopped looked at a 2005 TJ then a 2011 2 dr... Wow a Jeep... AND civalized! Perfect DD with some play time on the weekends. Traded in the 05 mustang GT, been thrilled with it ever since.
JemLT1YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:14 AM   #187
bustedknuckle
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacK

Ironically, I wasn't talking about the exterior, I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE INTERIOR. Do you realize as time goes on prices go up? This is true for everything. That steering wheel looks nothing like the JK other than the controls, which I'm against, too. But really. You hate JK for steering wheel controls and a upgraded interior? Really? Again, it's 2011 going into 2012 sometimes change is good thing. Chrysler has to update the interior to be more plush, if they want to stay in business.

Your entire post is FAIL! At no point did I mention the exterior, which looks like a traditional Jeep. And why are you comparing the JK Wrangler to a H3? The hummer is Chevy's failed attempt at becoming a Jeep, the windows are smaller, it's bigger, and way uglier.

The mercedes G-Class is just absolutely disgusting. Those steering wheels look nothing like a JK's steering wheel. Seriously. Just because it has steering wheel controls does not make it the same.

Sure, your older Jeeps are great. I have one. If I was to build a off road machine, I would have a old CJ. Not because it's "better" but because it's a lot cheaper to build. As a owner of both the vehicles, I take my JK everywhere. It's much more comfortable. Why are you guys acting like comfort is a bad thing? Surely some of you are getting older and tired of being thrown around and beat up. I work at a job that requires me to look perfect everyday, and this means I can't always take my top off. Or run with my doors off. Sometimes I like to arrive at work without pains from driving around, too. I take a lot of bumpy roads to work, as well. The TJ throws you around, which used to be fun.. not after several years, though. The JK does too, but no where near as bad.

Allow me to explain:

Now see the bold text?

Lets take this sentence:

Now lets break it down. What would make the 2011 different from my 2010? Hmm. No exterior changes. Perhaps the interior?

No, you're wrong. Drive your Jeep like I drive mine. 25k miles in 4 months. So yes, comfort is a BIG deal for me.

[*]25k miles in 4 months[*]comfort is a big deal

Now lets think it over, slowly, but take it easy - don't want to erupt your small mind.

Slowly, and easily. Lets put those two things together. 25k miles in 4 months. Oh, yea, exterior would likely have nothing to do with that. So, lets move on. "Comfort" is a big deal. Now, this must also imply that we are not talking about the exterior - but the interior.

Do you need someone to change your diaper? Have you been a big boy lately and used the potty properly? You obviously don't have the mental capacity to complete any of the following. Might want to look into the following: http://www.starfall.com/

If I said that the TJ was more comfortable, would this be more acceptable? This would be perfectly fine right? Did you ***** and whine about the TJ when it got the interior upgrade from the YJ? Did you ***** and whine about the YJ when it had square headlights? Seriously, you guys just need to accept things change. I love all Jeep's, but I love my JK Rubi the most. To me, a Jeep is a Jeep.

Good luck
Really? Resorting to name calling and insults.

Naa nanna boo boo stick you head in doo doo.

You fail at being an adult.
bustedknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #188
keithert
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach-mike
05 06 TJ unlimited rubicon is the perfect all around jeep.
Except for that little OPDA issue.

I recently rented a JK and found nothing major to dislike about it. I'd buy one to replace my LJ.
Unread 12-06-2011, 10:34 AM   #189
bustedknuckle
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithert

Except for that little OPDA issue.

I recently rented a JK and found nothing major to dislike about it. I'd buy one to replace my LJ.
You're right. The OPDA is a little issue. And the Fogmod is the easy fix.
bustedknuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #190
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacK View Post

Allow me to explain:

Now see the bold text?

Lets take this sentence:

• 25k miles in 4 months
  • comfort is a big deal

Good luck
This ranting is so unnecessary.
Jeeper69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #191
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Funny topic this is like going to a feed the troll farm.

The guys who still have or have owned a cj2 KNOW what and how Jeeps were how well they road and what they could and could not do. trust me even a yj is like a SUV a Tj is like a tahoe, the Jk is like the escolade. But no matter what some may think, stock to stock the 012 Jk is the "most" Jeep of them all, hands down. i have had a few from the lowly cj2a to the now king of the hill JK2012. Dont hate if its about the $. Sure many 012's are just status, wont see a dirt road ever, but you know its a good thing for Jeep or there would no more Jeep. I would hate to see it go the way of Pontiac. Pluss one day these will be old and some kids are going to be like ya man my Jk is old and its so cool compared to........(if there are any).
222Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #192
Vixen
2006 TJ Wrangler 

WHY are the JK 's so defensive? Just imagine OPPS i ran into the store and came out to pouring rain and the tops down... TJ CJ YJ you laugh pull the drain plugs and drive on. JK freak out because if not now, eventually all the electronics are fuggered, from your heated seats too the nice nav system. Just think a jeep shouldn't be quite so fancy schmancy. Yes they are nice and comfy but are they a real wrangler?
Unread 12-06-2011, 08:04 PM   #193
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen
WHY are the JK 's so defensive? Just imagine OPPS i ran into the store and came out to pouring rain and the tops down... TJ CJ YJ you laugh pull the drain plugs and drive on. JK freak out because if not now, eventually all the electronics are fuggered, from your heated seats too the nice nav system. Just think a jeep shouldn't be quite so fancy schmancy. Yes they are nice and comfy but are they a real wrangler?
These are my thoughts exactly
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #194
JPi1
2008 JK Wrangler 

The 04 TJ rubi was mine till I sold it to my brother, now a yellow JK. I like the jk more, but mainly because it's a four door.
Hmm, not letting me post a pic
JPi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #195
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
That's ironic, I have plenty of videos of me driving doorless & topless in thunderstorms at 1 AM. In fact, I was in my canoe and it started downpouring rain and my sunrider top was flipped back. I didn't hurry back or freak out. I left my JK at the Ferry for 3 days with no doors and no top and it stormed really, really, really hard (the summer we had a lot of rain 2 years ago).. We're talking flooding rains. My JK is still running around.

And the picture of me in the mud hole sideways in the air? That was in two wheel drive. I drove out of it with no problem at all.

Don't tell me my JK isn't a real Jeep. I wheel my Jeep. It gets wet inside. Within the first 100 miles the drain plugs and carpet were pulled. I lost my carpet a long time ago.

I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.