Thinking of selling my 2010 JK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Thinking of selling my 2010 JK

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip Elim07-15 jeep JK Spare Tire Carrier Delete Plate

Unread 05-19-2015, 04:21 PM   #1
Maximous
2010 JK Wrangler 

Thinking of selling my 2010 JK

Hi all,

I'm thinking of selling my JK. I love it and have since I got it but I moved to China for "6 months" and have now been there for 2 years and for sure will be there another year at least.

I drive it a bit when I come home a couple times a year but I hate it just sitting there declining in value...so I have come to the point where I will likely sell it. I am told by my local jeep dealer that the wranglers hold their value well so before I through it up on craigslist I'd like some help in putting a value on it. As I sid I have been away for 2+ years and have no idea what it is worth any longer.

I'll describe it below and add pix if the forum allows. (it's been a while since I posted)

2010 Sahara, 2 door 41225 miles
Red Rock in color
Nav and DVD player with mod to run DVD or camera while driving
hard and soft top
Synergy Suspension lift components and springs (5.5")
Ripp Supercharger
Ripp long tube headers and H-pipe with cats
Borla cat back
Fox adjustable nitrogen shocks
Fox steering damper
4:88 gears
Dana 44 rear with ARB locker
Dana 60 1 ton front with locking hubs and grizzly air locker
Overkill engineering front bumper
Orfab rear bumper and rear tire mount
Superwinch 9.0 with synthetic cable
ARB compressor mounted to mater cylinder bracket

I think that is most everything. The Jeep runs great. I drive it a few miles maybe twice per year, it otherwise sits most of the time with the battery disconnected and it has been sitting for most of the past 3 years.

Let me know what you guys think would be a good starting point. KBB gives the low 20's but I would think it is at least worth the mid to high 20's?

Thanks,

Verne

Maximous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2015, 04:28 PM   #2
Maximous
2010 JK Wrangler 

adding pix
img_1016.jpg   img_1019.jpg  
Maximous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2015, 05:58 AM   #3
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

The sad reality of it is this -- A non jeeper who is just looking to buy a car will only pay blue-book no matter what you done to it.. and a jeeper will look at your mods as stuff they will want to replace and how much you possibly damaged it driving it off road so either blue-book or less. Moral to the story don't buy a jeep as an investment thinking the more you add to it the more it will be worth. But hey shoot for the moon the worst that can happen is you get shot down.

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2015, 04:56 PM   #4
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm going to side with Cyberpyrot as he has his points.

With that being said, when the JKs came out in '07, my local Jeep dealers were flooded with TJs (sad to say). One dealership threw on those chrome grills on all of the TJs to make them look shinny. (Cheaper then a coat of wax?) Well I bet anything that they sold them all for more then they paid in trade! So shine the puppy up and price it for three-four grand higher then blue book and see what happens...

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.