thinking about a 2011 wrangler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > thinking about a 2011 wrangler

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-08-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
beaky73

thinking about a 2011 wrangler

Hello to all, i am in the market for my first jeep. i am thinking about getting a sport with a 6 speed. is there anybody not happy with an 2011? i plan on lifting it and put on larger wheels and tires. any option that is a must have. the only one i can think of is a hard top. thanks

beaky73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Beaky, I got one here for ya. Brand NEW 2011 Unlimited with a 6spd. 6" lift, 20" Rims, 37" Tires and front and rear Tom Woods Driveshafts. And you get the factory wheels and tires with it. We have 2 door JK's with 4" lifts also. I am at Courtesy Motors in Altoona, Pa. We build'em here. Not too far from ya.
Unread 01-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Beaky, if you can wait until 2012 models I would. There's supposed to be a better, more fuel efficient, and more horse power. It's supposed to be a better engine all around, right now it's in the Grand Cherokees I think. If you can't wait, get a 2011 or 2010. The 2010 have a "old" style interior, and the 2011's are the first model with the new interior. Good luck!
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #4
beaky73

i just read about the new engine. does anyone know when the 2012 will be out. i can try to wait.
beaky73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #5
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I sat in a 2011 at a car show recently. Really nice interior, but I'd also wait for the Pentastar, probably by September.

Quote:
Jeep Wrangler to get Pentastar V6 power in 2012

It looks like the Jeep Wrangler family will be the next Chrysler bloodline to benefit from the company's excellent new Pentastar V6. Sergio Marchionne, Chrysler CEO, broke the news during the company's third-quarter financial announcement. The new powerplant will likely pack somewhere between 283 and 305 horsepower depending on the tune, and will make for a substantial bump in grunt over the current 202-pony 3.8-liter V6 currently available in the Wrangler.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/11/09/j...power-in-2012/

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #6
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Probably about Sept like mentioned. The new interior isn't bad, but I opted for the 2010 because I wanted a Rubi more then a new interior. I know everything there is to know and like the simpleness. My next Jeep would have the new interior and new engine =)
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.