Thinkin of buying an 01 Sahara - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Thinkin of buying an 01 Sahara

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-16-2008, 05:08 PM   #1
shockwavetj01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thinkin of buying an 01 Sahara

Ok, so here the deal. I have an 01 Wrangler, but its 4cyc and i want a 6cyc. I have a yellow one and the one that i am thinking of buying is black ( the color ive wanted). There is rust on the front fenders that havnt rusted through yet( so fixable). Also theres about 95000 miles and i mean i know its a 4.0 so its still running strong but i dont know if its a smart decision. They are selling the sahara for 7 g's and i owe about 6 grand on mine. Mine is in great shape, is rarely ran off road and just has two rust spots under the tail gate and a rip in the drivers seat. Should i get a decent trade in value for mine and does the shaara sound like a decent deal?

shockwavetj01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 05:18 PM   #2
DBLJ
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Why dont you wait until you find what you want. You will be alot happier. If you buy this one I'm sure you will find the perfect one in a month or two.
Unread 11-16-2008, 05:30 PM   #3
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

yes, you've already got a usable Jeep. Don't settle.
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 05:59 PM   #4
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay-h View Post
yes, you've already got a usable Jeep. Don't settle.
Plus.... $7K is what they are selling. Lets say they take an offer from you for $6,500K (plus don't forget tax, transfer fee, etc etc). Ok, now you have two Jeeps... and no offense dude, but nobody is going to give you what you owe ($6K) on your stock 01 TJ with a 2" BB and 31" BFG's.

Please don't think I'm insulting your Jeep! I just don't want you to make a grave financial error.... especially if you can't really afford it at the moment.

So lets look at the bright side. A moment ago you were just willing to spend about $7K on a new-to-you Jeep. Instead of doing that, why don't you treat yourself to a couple hundred bucks worth of stuff for YOUR Jeep that YOU'VE owned for quite a long time and have come to know and love.

And keep searchin for those oh-so-rare D30/D35 combo's with 4.56 factory gears.
You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.
Axl Jack is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.