There is a reason Chrysler is go in such bad shape right now - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > There is a reason Chrysler is go in such bad shape right now

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-07-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

There is a reason Chrysler is go in such bad shape right now

Yesterday, I went to the dealer to have some warranty work done. And while I was there I decided to ask parts what it would cost to get the little bezel that holds the locker and OD switches, you know that little piece of cheap Chinese plastic. Because mine had some holes in it from switches that I have since relocated, so I have electrical tape over the holes for now. Anyway I figure at most this little part should cost $50, if it were a Ford part it would be $30, but no, Chrysler wants $153 for it. I was shocked along with the parts guy. But I guess this should surprise me since a few months ago one of my blinker light connectors was corroded, and I went in thinking each one of these much connect some where separately right, I mean this is a jeep and when off road sometimes you crack a lens and drive through some water, so you get corrosion. Well no the the blinkers, the lights, and the fog lights are all one piece does some want to take a gander at what that will cost try $380. I went to the junk yard found a connector that was the same size and I spliced in in my cost $0.(I visit that particular junk yard a lot and I'm a local so he gave me the connector for free). So now I know why Chrysler is in such bad shape they over charge on everything. At least when I had a Ford that parts were fairly cheap. I mean they are expensive too but not near as bad as Chrysler.

That said, I still love my Jeep and am glad I have it, it's just to bad none my local junk yards have any wranglers newer than 1990. But as for Chrysler I have no love for them to bad AMC is gone.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 09:54 PM   #2
DaveXJ4x4
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I went to the parts store to order a couple of leaf springs for my 96 Cherokee. They each cost $226. So, $452 for factory leaf springs. Plus, that didn't include bushings or U-bolts... and they had to ship them.
I picked up a 3" RC suspension Kit with full leaf springs, coil springs, shocks, and everything else I need to install them from Hell Creek for $590 shipped to my door. I've just started to put the kit on today.

1996 Jeep Cherokee "The White Stallion"
DaveXJ4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #3
shiftless06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I worked for dealerships in parts for many years. Lexus and Mercedes. Yes the prices were outlandish and made me cringe several times to give the cost. My buddies thoughout all makes and models (Ford/Chevy/Dodge) concurred. we were all expensive. Its good to have a dealership connection, but i usually try to source elsewhere first.

Example, when i bought my TJ the front rubber cupholder insert was missing, the "stealership" wanted $47.50 for it.
local junk yard worked for me $2.00

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.