Is It Summer Yet? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Is It Summer Yet?

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 12-04-2010, 08:16 AM   #1
JeepJeffW
2004 WJ 

Is It Summer Yet?

Installed my winter tires/rims on the Jeep last night and I miss my summer set up already. The lowsy ride with these 215 x 75's compared to my 31's is tempting me to switch em back already. Here's a couple pics of the differences in them on the jeep. Had us laughing pretty good while doing the switch so I took a couple cell pics and thought I'd share them with ya.

Pictures by JeepJeff - Photobucket

~~~~ Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1984
JeepJeffW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2010, 09:53 AM   #2
goofball
2013 JK Wrangler 

If I'm looking at that right it looks like your summer tires are better for winter tires... keep the 31's on.. but that's just me.

goofball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2010, 10:20 AM   #3
StvDiego

I can't wait for summer. it's a bitterly cold and foggy day in San Diego, probably won't even get to 65 degrees today. Brrrrr

I have not so fond memories of Goose Bay, Labrador and the weather reports with highs in the -20's. I like these brutal winters out here

Fortunately here my "winter trim" is putting the soft top on

So why change tires?? From the pics it looks like the "fun" tires might be better for winter. i.e., snow, although the not so fun tires might be better in rain....
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2010, 03:05 PM   #4
JeepJeffW
2004 WJ 

The 31's are good in snow but the icy roads around here are better navigated by "road" or AT tires. More contact on those icy rascals. Besides, the salt they use attacks the rims something fierce. Yah, mid-Michigan is a lot different this time of year then when I lived in Santa Cruz back in 82...

~~~~ Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1984
JeepJeffW is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.