Stealership part prices - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Stealership part prices

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 12-01-2011, 06:14 PM   #1
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Stealership part prices

Lets hear some outrageous part prices you have gotten from you local Jeep dealer.

I would like to get some stock rear bump stops for my Jeep to stop the small amount of rubbing on the fender flare at full flex (I have the extendors on the axle but the rubber bump stops were gone when I bought the Jeep) I know quadretec has them for $17 a piece, but it was on my way home so I asked the parts guy at the dealership and he told me $68 a piece I thought he had mistaken bump stop for bumperette so I asked and he said no it is for a bump stop the little rubber piece on the frame. their rubber must be full of gold flake or something.

Unread 12-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

$10 for a plastic oil fill cap on the. Valve cover, seriously what the hell, plastic for $10?!?!
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

$110 for a battery cable. But it was for both sides and every wire from the battrey.
222Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #4
kashoggio

And you are shocked why? This isn't news , dealerships will always be more , that's how they how they have those huge buildings with inventory and employees. Try a German automaker for parts then you won't feel so bad

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="DarkRed"]"Some desire is necessary to keep life in motion."[/COLOR][/FONT]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2004-tj-rubicon-skittles-build-1152944/"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Lime"]MY JEEP BUILD [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=226258"]ITEMS FOR SALE [/url]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/polish-jeepers/"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]POLISH JEEPERS CLUB[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/url]
kashoggio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2011, 10:01 PM   #5
kjg26
1993 YJ Wrangler 

35 bucks for plastic vacuum check valve on my vw. And there are like a dozen of them. 75 bucks for new hood lift (single shock) for same car. 350 for new trunk hinges, same car. I junkyard dive for my yj
Unread 12-01-2011, 11:13 PM   #6
hndswthtshdws
2003 TJ Wrangler 

$97 for a steering wheel cruise control switch. They are $22 everywhere else.
hndswthtshdws is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2011, 06:09 AM   #7
Whybu1
Lets go Penguins!!!!

2001 TJ Wrangler 

nutserts! Dealer parts guy even gave me a price break after he said "that can't be right for that"
Whybu1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2011, 08:28 AM   #8
chris142
2002 TJ Wrangler 

$360 to drain and fill 2 axles. I declined.
chris142 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2011, 08:35 AM   #9
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashoggio View Post
And you are shocked why? This isn't news , dealerships will always be more , that's how they how they have those huge buildings with inventory and employees. Try a German automaker for parts then you won't feel so bad
Ignition coils...

OEM--$28 each
Aftermarket(autozone/advance auto)--$57 each

Front crank seal...

OEM--$10
Aftermarket--$23

Blower fan relay...

Updated Sebring,OEM--$28
Aftermarket,old style--$55

Cooling fan relay...

Updated OEM--$52
Aftermarket,old style--$124

Brand new PS pump with res...

OEM--$142
Aftermarket remaned without res--$212

Trans flush with ATF+4...

Dealer,without filter change--$180
Dealer,with filter change--$230
Independant shop,without filter change--$220
Independant shop,with filter change--$280
(local prices for me)

Coolant flush...

Dealer,HOAT coolant--$90
Independant shop,OAT coolant--$90
(local prices again)

Need I go on?
Unread 12-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #10
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashoggio View Post
not reall, in our case as in all cases, GM in 2000 upgraded, if your store did not meet there NEW qualifications, you got closed.... we had to build a new $17 million store to accomidate our 2 older GM pontiac stores, it was not by choice, the old stores were workign fine, choices were CLOSE, UPGRADE, NEW...

we went new since GM after banruptcy, dropped Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn etc, so no more stand alone Pontaice stores, our other store was a GM, Pontiac, Buick store, well no more Pontiac, Buick hada 2 year lul of nothing to sell really.... so all they had was GM trucks.... the writing was on the wall for years, other stores ignored it or played dumb, we built our store 5 years ago, before GM laid hte smack down on over 900 stores...

anyhow another thread

I guess some of it would be the fact teh warranty you get on the stealership part and not so much on the 'quality chinese' parts.....

working at a stealership I see it far to often, I agree dealerships prices on most things are high, but again, when it breaks and you can bring it back within 3 years usually, its not so bad....

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #11
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I did not know any dealership had a warranty on parts, but do bump stops really need to be 5 times the price how often do you need to replace them? I went to the dealer to buy the little filter thing on top of the valve cover and it was only $11, this is a normal price considering I could not find it any where else.
Unread 12-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #12
kashoggio

BMW has a two year unlimited on all parts

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="DarkRed"]"Some desire is necessary to keep life in motion."[/COLOR][/FONT]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2004-tj-rubicon-skittles-build-1152944/"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Lime"]MY JEEP BUILD [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/polish-jeepers/"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]POLISH JEEPERS CLUB[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/url]
Unread 12-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #13
kashoggio

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggityjeeper View Post
not reall, in our case as in all cases, GM in 2000 upgraded, if your store did not meet there NEW qualifications, you got closed.... we had to build a new $17 million store to accomidate our 2 older GM pontiac stores, it was not by choice, the old stores were workign fine, choices were CLOSE, UPGRADE, NEW...

we went new since GM after banruptcy, dropped Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn etc, so no more stand alone Pontaice stores, our other store was a GM, Pontiac, Buick store, well no more Pontiac, Buick hada 2 year lul of nothing to sell really.... so all they had was GM trucks.... the writing was on the wall for years, other stores ignored it or played dumb, we built our store 5 years ago, before GM laid hte smack down on over 900 stores...

anyhow another thread

I guess some of it would be the fact teh warranty you get on the stealership part and not so much on the 'quality chinese' parts.....

working at a stealership I see it far to often, I agree dealerships prices on most things are high, but again, when it breaks and you can bring it back within 3 years usually, its not so bad....
I was just trying to make a point.. I been in this business for 10 years and still cant believe how people are shocked what cars cost

Unread 12-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #14
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quite frankly I am annoyed at this. "Outrageous stealership prices!!!!"

WHAT THE **** DO YOU EXPECT coming from the company that makes the vehicle?????? You expect some cheap chinese made pile of crap that likely won't last as long? You get what you pay for in this economy.

It really bugs those of us that actually work at a dealership. how do you expect us to get paid, hmm? Support the american economy, not the chinese thriving economy.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #15
johnridesjeeps
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress
Quite frankly I am annoyed at this. "Outrageous stealership prices!!!!"

WHAT THE **** DO YOU EXPECT coming from the company that makes the vehicle?????? You expect some cheap chinese made pile of crap that likely won't last as long? You get what you pay for in this economy.

It really bugs those of us that actually work at a dealership. how do you expect us to get paid, hmm? Support the american economy, not the chinese thriving economy.
Aren't most of the dealership parts made in china as well? Everything from everywhere is garbage and overpriced now a days. ( well almost everything)
johnridesjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.