Starwood Motors - break down pricing of mods - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Starwood Motors - break down pricing of mods

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-16-2013, 05:40 AM   #46
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by staindsoul View Post
Yeah no Jeep is worth that.

I talked to another company that does the Kevlar spraying and they stated they only do black. That the other colors they cant match. Obviously Starwood does it in any color. I wonder who is right.
look at monster liner it can be shot in any color.

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 05:45 AM   #47
staindsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot

look at monster liner it can be shot in any color.
Ok thanks. I see some have used Line-x Xtra. Anyone with experience between those two can chime in?

Do you have to do body work before you shoot a liner that is of color?
staindsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:12 AM   #48
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Ok thanks. I see some have used Line-x Xtra. Anyone with experience between those two can chime in?

Do you have to do body work before you shoot a liner that is of color?
http://www.monstaliner.com/forms/monstaliner_colors.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0D8Sh8R4Ues

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 06:10 AM   #49
PhatBasturd
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by staindsoul
Someone pointed me to Collin Bros Jeeps in DFW. They do custom Jeep builds too but have way more experience than Starwood Motors. Plus they seem to have better prices. Might check them out on a custom build.

http://www.collinsbrosjeep.com/
Try Screamn Lizard Customs in Bedford. Talk to Shawn. Good people and they know their stuff.

Sent from my over priced iPhone.
PhatBasturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 12:14 AM   #50
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

I do like that saraha tan ...looks awesome
djm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #51
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

4" of lift without upgrading any of the steering components or brake lines is just stupid. I wonder how many people have popped the brake lines with alittle bit of droop. I have a 3.5" lift and I still got the high steer kit.
Unread 05-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #52
staindsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOKIES2010
4" of lift without upgrading any of the steering components or brake lines is just stupid. I wonder how many people have popped the brake lines with alittle bit of droop. I have a 3.5" lift and I still got the high steer kit.
Update. I went by and talked to Kevin at Starwood Motors. He is actually very knowledgeable on Jeeps unlike some of the newer guys working there. He owns a JKU himself so that was nice to see.

He gave me a tour of their facility next door to the showroom where the do all the mods. It is impressive to say the least.

I know the liner spray isn't for everyone but it is actually a lot nicer quality than I was expecting. I was impressed

And I verified that they DO use steering stabilizers (teraflex) and brake line extensions.

Kevin and I went over every mod to one Jeep in particular. I went home and priced it out myself. Overall they were asking about $3k over doing it yourself. If you are mechanically inclined and do everything yourself then it would obviously be cheaper. I am not.
Unread 05-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #53
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Steering stabilizers mean nothing.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #54
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

If the lift is just shocks, coils and steering stabilizer and I would have them not lift the JKU you plan on buying, take that money and have a shop install a quality lift with all the right parts. Adj control arms, trackbars, drag link flip, brake line extensions, bump stops etc...

And an Auto with 35s and 3.73s doesn't sound like much fun. Not to mention with 4" of lift you should really look at aftermarket driveshafts.

All the other stuff is cosmetic so order away. I'm just saying you are going to pay a lot of money. Make sure it rides like a dream.

Edit: and the OEM steering stabilizer works just fine
Unread 05-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #55
staindsoul

Ok I am somewhat newer I don't have the experience that you guys have. I agree you could get a lot better parts for the money if you are going to crawl it but if it's mall crawler then it shouldn't matter too much. Obviously the cosmetic stuff is subjective.

I thought a read that 35's and 3.73s were ok. Am I wrong?
Unread 05-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #56
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

The fact that it is going to be a mall crawler should make you ensure the suspension is good. Just lifting the JKU up in the air and putting on heavy tires will dramatically change how the vehicle handles. I would go to a dealer and drive a stock JKU and then compare it to one of Starwoods. There are plenty of kits that can give you quality parts without it meaning you have to use them on the rocks or even off-road. I would find out exactly what that lift gives you and how much it is going to cost and then weigh that against how much different kits will cost with installation. The 3.73 gears will work but you will be a bit sluggish. May not be as bad though because you in TX and its flat.
Unread 05-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #57
staindsoul

Gotcha. Thanks for the into. I believe the Starwood is running a stage 1 Pro Comp. I test drove it and it didnt seem to bad for a daily driver.

The tires were around 38 psi though. Should a deflate them a little? What do you guys run on 35's for daily driving?
Unread 05-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #58
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The tires were around 38 psi though. Should a deflate them a little? What do you guys run on 35's for daily driving?
Yet another example of how underwhelming these guys knowledge and work seems to be. That is way high. How many experienced people here have to tell you that they are using crap parts and overcharging for them and the labor? Seems like you have your mind made up and just aren't listening. I think you need to step away from this for a few weeks and hopefully clear your head.
Unread 05-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #59
staindsoul

Well to give him some credit he did tell me they had them aired up really high for the photo shoot and I should let air out. I was just seeing what everyone here was running? From what I have read 28 psi seems good.

What are the TPMS set at on the '13s? Does a Pro Cal allow you to set them at whatever value you want?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.