Starwood Motors - break down pricing of mods - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Starwood Motors - break down pricing of mods

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #31
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Smittybilt, ProComp, Rugged Ridge, pocket flares......it's all bottom-shelf junk. That's a hell of a way to burn $50k.

Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #32
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
This 4" is just to much for what ever size tire is crazy. Go anywhere were the rocks are the size of your tires or bigger and tell me how great a 2.5 lift is. I have never met anyone that said I wish I had less lift, none ever. I wheel with three large clubs all over many states out west here.
My TJ is lower now on 37's than it was on 35's and it's always been on the low range of the spectrum. I wheel bigger rocks now than I did then. Your point is certainly not absolute and yes, plenty of people have gone down in height for the obvious benefits. There is a thread on that exact subject on the first page of JKO right now.

Just saying.
Unread 05-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #33
staindsoul

Thanks for all the input guys. Not saying she might want to venture off road eventually but definitely foresee it being a mall crawler at first. I am cool with that, she is a good woman and I just want to get her "dream Jeep". However I do not want to pay top dollar for mods that are not going to hold up over time. (who would??)

Again, thanks for your help and opinions. Definitely an informative thread regardless if you are a newb or veteran.
staindsoul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #34
staindsoul

I see a stock JKU is around 71". My garage clearance is around 82". Anyone see any clearance issues with a 3" lift and either 33 or 35s?
Unread 05-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #35
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by staindsoul
I see a stock JKU is around 71". My garage clearance is around 82". Anyone see any clearance issues with a 3" lift and either 33 or 35s?
You'll be fine. Figure a stock JK runs 32s, so 35s are 1.5" taller, add in a 3" lift and you're well under 82".

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #36
staindsoul

Someone pointed me to Collin Bros Jeeps in DFW. They do custom Jeep builds too but have way more experience than Starwood Motors. Plus they seem to have better prices. Might check them out on a custom build.

http://www.collinsbrosjeep.com/
Unread 05-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #37
Tonellin
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by staindsoul View Post
Someone pointed me to Collin Bros Jeeps in DFW. They do custom Jeep builds too but have way more experience than Starwood Motors. Plus they seem to have better prices. Might check them out on a custom build.

Be careful. I was scrolling through their 'custom work' tab and they have the infamous 1993 TJ!! I wouldn't trust a shop that doesn't even know the generations of jeeps...

Although all those cj-8's they restored...

Do either of these shops give a detailed receipt? I'm sure you could get some more information for them but you gotta figure you are going to be spending a HUGE chunk of money on labor...and all those inferior parts are items most guys on here wouldn't ever run, but if your wife wants to mall-crawl with it then more power to her. Spend your money however you want
Unread 05-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #38
dmb2002man
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by staindsoul View Post

Serious man buy a jeep stock from autotrader and build the thing yourself over time. I haven't had mine yet a year and already put aftermarket bumpers, fog lights, new speakers, cd player, radiator flush, brakes, air filter, new cats, new 31x10.50 tires, 4.0, 6 speed, air, tilt, cruise 58k miles. There is no way ever i would pay any company that has a built jeep as they all charge to much as that's how they stay in business. Unless your a millionaire, i would stay clear of all these companies. I live in dallas and me and friends could help you with installing a lift kit, bumpers, etc. We enjoy wrenching on jeeps.
dmb2002man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #39
staindsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb2002man

Serious man buy a jeep stock from autotrader and build the thing yourself over time. I haven't had mine yet a year and already put aftermarket bumpers, fog lights, new speakers, cd player, radiator flush, brakes, air filter, new cats, new 31x10.50 tires, 4.0, 6 speed, air, tilt, cruise 58k miles. There is no way ever i would pay any company that has a built jeep as they all charge to much as that's how they stay in business. Unless your a millionaire, i would stay clear of all these companies. I live in dallas and me and friends could help you with installing a lift kit, bumpers, etc. We enjoy wrenching on jeeps.
Thanks for the input. I might just have to take you up on that someday. Hope you like beer...
Unread 05-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #40
staindsoul

Just a quick update. I decided to call Starwood and ask a few questions:

- The salesmen I talked to was unaware of any warranty on the liner spray.
- They quote it takes 100 days to build one of their Jeeps
- Stated no modification is needed to steering, brake lines, etc. since they are only using a 4" lift.
- Stated they only use top of the line products.
- No wiggle room in pricing. Believe it's fair and have 40 custom order Jeeps back logged right now.
Unread 05-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #41
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

He's an idiot that knows nothing about the products he sells.

100 days? I could do that in a weekend, minus the liner. That would take an extra day. That's all while grilling, drinking and watching football.

4" is quite large, not 'minor' like he seems to think. He has no idea what he's talking about.

They exclusively use junk, not top of the line products.

Feel free to direct them to this thread. That could be fun.
Unread 05-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #42
staindsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped
He's an idiot that knows nothing about the products he sells.

100 days? I could do that in a weekend, minus the liner. That would take an extra day.

4" is quite large, not 'minor' like he seems to think. He has no idea what he's talking about.

They exclusively use junk, not top of the line products.

Feel free to direct them to this thread. That could be fun.
I know. It took everything I had to not laugh when he said it took them 100 days. I didn't have time to debate him on the phone. This guy was clueless about the Jeeps. If you are going to charge a premium price you better know your product.
Unread 05-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #43
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Did anyone else see their $144,000 Jeep? For sure a lot of work went into it, and get rid of the stripes, put some real wheels and tires, and it's ok, but 144 g's ?!? Holy crap!
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #44
staindsoul

Yeah no Jeep is worth that.

I talked to another company that does the Kevlar spraying and they stated they only do black. That the other colors they cant match. Obviously Starwood does it in any color. I wonder who is right.
Unread 05-16-2013, 12:29 AM   #45
nickkick
2000 TJ Wrangler 

4" is a minor lift now? I wouldn't buy anything from there....
nickkick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.