Starwood Motors - break down pricing of mods - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Starwood Motors - break down pricing of mods

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 05-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #16
staindsoul

Here is from their ad:
- 4" Pro-Comp Performance Accessories brand lift kit;
- New Coils, Shocks and accessories.
- We are also upgrading the front steering stabilizer shock for greater stability both on and off road, as well as adding (2) 3/4” Suspension Bushings
- 18" Black Rhino Off Road Wheels in Matte Black Custom Finish
- 35"x 12.50"x 18" Nitto Trail Grappler MT Tires

staindsoul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #17
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by staindsoul View Post
Here is from their ad:
- 4" Pro-Comp Performance Accessories brand lift kit;
- New Coils, Shocks and accessories.
- We are also upgrading the front steering stabilizer shock for greater stability both on and off road, as well as adding (2) 3/4 Suspension Bushings
- 18" Black Rhino Off Road Wheels in Matte Black Custom Finish
- 35"x 12.50"x 18" Nitto Trail Grappler MT Tires
Wow did not see that in that case yup worth every penny. get it

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #18
staindsoul

Can't tell if that was sarcastic or not...
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #19
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Can't tell if that was sarcastic or not...
it was sacrcasm -- dude we are just trying to look out for you for 50K we want you to be in the baddest ride you are happy with. I have some serious buyers remorse for paying 36K for a sport s package I had no idea when I bought and never even new this site existed. you are in a good position you managed to show up here first befor buying. for 50K you can get a rubicon with all the stuff you want make it your build the way you want it. and have money left ofer for the bed lined paint job. we are just trying to help you out.

Thought of the day
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #20
staindsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
it was sacrcasm -- dude we are just trying to look out for you for 50K we want you to be in the baddest ride you are happy with. I have some serious buyers remorse for paying 36K for a sport s package I had no idea when I bought and never even new this site existed. you are in a good position you managed to show up here first befor buying. for 50K you can get a rubicon with all the stuff you want make it your build the way you want it. and have money left ofer for the bed lined paint job. we are just trying to help you out.
No, you guys are a great help. That is definitely why I am here. Don't get me wrong... I do not want to pay 50k for a JKU. Especially when my wife cares more about the "look" and less about what it can do offroad.

So do you think it's worth going the Rubicon route? Seems it might be a little overkill since this will be a "mall crawler"
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #21
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
No, you guys are a great help. That is definitely why I am here. Don't get me wrong... I do not want to pay 50k for a JKU. Especially when my wife cares more about the "look" and less about what it can do offroad.

So do you think it's worth going the Rubicon route? Seems it might be a little overkill since this will be a "mall crawler"
its only a mall crawler right now. once you get the bug you will want more.

Thought of the day
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #22
staindsoul

I know this is subjective but if you were to do it yourself, what prices would you expect to pay? Just trying to figure out a budget. Please factor in labor where applicable.

Example:
2013 JKU Sport with 24S and Hardtop - $xxxxxx
4" Complete lift kit - $xxxx
Tires/wheels - $xxxx
Fender flares and bumpers $xxxx
Custom leather seats $xxxx
Body liner spray - $xxxx

I am sure I missed some stuff. Anyone in the DFW area recommend a company? I have only seen 4wheelparts. Don't have any experience
Unread 05-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #23
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well first off, if you're looking to run 35s, you don't and shouldn't get a 4" lift. Then you're running into driveshaft issues which are very expensive and I can guarantee Starwood didn't address.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 11:08 AM   #24
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I know this is subjective but if you were to do it yourself, what prices would you expect to pay? Just trying to figure out a budget. Please factor in labor where applicable.

Example:
2013 JKU Sport with 24S and Hardtop - $xxxxxx
4" Complete lift kit - $xxxx
Tires/wheels - $xxxx
Fender flares and bumpers $xxxx
Custom leather seats $xxxx
Body liner spray - $xxxx

I am sure I missed some stuff. Anyone in the DFW area recommend a company? I have only seen 4wheelparts. Don't have any experience
you will be doing most of it yourself! I have yet to put mine in the shop! I will be adding a lift soon as well. pluss there are people here who will drive to your house for some pizza and beer for a wrench party.
20130428_102812.jpg   20130504_112055.jpg  

Thought of the day
Unread 05-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #25
staindsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie
Well first off, if you're looking to run 35s, you don't and shouldn't get a 4" lift. Then you're running into driveshaft issues which are very expensive and I can guarantee Starwood didn't address.

Well I just threw out arbitrary numbers. Saying 33s and a 3" would better?

And I could do something's myself but I definitely cannot spray a Jeep with liner spray or recover leather seats.
Unread 05-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #26
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by staindsoul

And I could do something's myself but I definitely cannot spray a Jeep with liner spray or recover leather seats.
Well you could fit 35s on 3" And if you want a more aggressive look with some more clearance you could get flat flares.

Unread 05-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #27
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

I thought I could not do the work myself I cut a hole in my hood and this week I will drill holes in my body to add body armor. There is a guy on the forum who posted a tutorial on putting on leather seats.

Thought of the day
Unread 05-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #28
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

This 4" is just to much for what ever size tire is crazy. Go anywhere were the rocks are the size of your tires or bigger and tell me how great a 2.5 lift is. I have never met anyone that said I wish I had less lift, none ever. I wheel with three large clubs all over many states out west here.

Now the REAL issues is the taller the lift the more that MUST be done to do it right and as most of the people here know it gets REAL expensive real fast. once you go past the puck lifts its gets into the 1K per inch real fast and more. A Jk to go over 4" issue is the angle of the control arms are just not right. Like putting wheels on a chair. the rear arms are just to short. even at 3-4 you need to adjust the length a good inch. if you do this you wont need to cut the pinch.

Lifts /tires size should be about what terrain you are seeing not looks. Form or function. out here a Jk needs at least 3+ and 35"s just to do medium trails and not drag its bell over every rock and shelf it finds. You get into harder trails 3.5-4 and up, you wont make it with out beating under side to a pulp.
Unread 05-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #29
Remmy18
2012 JK Wrangler 

For me, the point and fun of Jeep ownership is building out your rig to suit your needs. I love talking mods with my fellow jeepers and planning out and researching what I want to do. That's all part of the fun! My wife and 4 year old have jumped in on the fun and its something we enjoy as a family together. Every single mod on my jeep ive done myself and thats the way it will stay (believe me, I'm no mechanic). If you want to pay for a mall crawler for street only, go ahead. Your wife can "feel cool" driving one of those Jeeps if you both so choose but if you buy a stock one and build it out yourself, you'll catch the Jeep fever quick. Trust me, it's way more than just owning a cool looking ride.. Just sayin
Remmy18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #30
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc
This 4" is just to much for what ever size tire is crazy. Go anywhere were the rocks are the size of your tires or bigger and tell me how great a 2.5 lift is. I have never met anyone that said I wish I had less lift, none ever. I wheel with three large clubs all over many states out west here.

Now the REAL issues is the taller the lift the more that MUST be done to do it right and as most of the people here know it gets REAL expensive real fast. once you go past the puck lifts its gets into the 1K per inch real fast and more. A Jk to go over 4" issue is the angle of the control arms are just not right. Like putting wheels on a chair. the rear arms are just to short. even at 3-4 you need to adjust the length a good inch. if you do this you wont need to cut the pinch.

Lifts /tires size should be about what terrain you are seeing not looks. Form or function. out here a Jk needs at least 3+ and 35"s just to do medium trails and not drag its bell over every rock and shelf it finds. You get into harder trails 3.5-4 and up, you wont make it with out beating under side to a pulp.
Did you even read the thread? He said it will be a mall crawler.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.