Someone Call A Waaaaaaabulance. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Someone Call A Waaaaaaabulance.

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #16
jsipe007
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have my own chipped windshield story...

I had a rock almost sent through my windshield by the local gravel truck, luckily no one was in the passenger seat and no one got hurt. I had the top down and really didnt notice the windshield until I stopped, by that time the truck was long gone. Took it to Fastglass to get it replaced. 120 bucks later, I was on my way home with a brand spanking new windshield. Not even 5 miles down the road on the freeway, there was road construction. A rock got flung up by a car in front of me, putting a bb size chip directly in front of the driver seat.

Sorry to hear about your chipped winshield! Im just glad that for me, the flat YJ winshield is a fairly cheap replacement! Id assume the JK windshield is a bit more.

jsipe007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #17
MadGerbil
2013 JK Wrangler 

I didn't really expect sympathy for a chipped windshield, but it's appreciated.
It's a pretty small matter given the state of our world.

I've got the auto glass repair truck coming by tomorrow and they'll fix it for no charge to me.
MadGerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #18
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddr1 View Post
Yes, a flat glass is more prone to chip.
Actually it's less the flatness that is the issue, it's the relatively vertical position--the rock hits at an almost 90 degree angle.

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.